Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• kheirokheiro Member New Car Smell
    edited June 16

This game can be a lot better than that. 

• gk9147gk9147 Member New Car Smell
    VVV gameplay  with wheel test v-rally 4 
  • JorritVDJorritVD Member Co-Driver
    Is this something to gossip about? DiRT Facebook page posting something about WRC.
    "If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
  • LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Co-Driver
    gk9147 said:
    VVV gameplay  with wheel test v-rally 4 
    In the comments Team VVV claims that the WRC co-driver is just a placeholder  The final game will have a new co-driver voice. 
  • EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Team Principal
    Kinda looking forward to V-rally 4. Was a big fan of it back in the day. 
    Sometimes it's fun to chuck a game on and just power slide your way around for 20 minutes :)

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

• WeamDreaverWeamDreaver Member Pit Crew
    Vrally looks very gamey - visually. And again, the environment often looks more like straight out of a fantasy game.

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    sometimes its good to just have fun. it looks okay to me for just fun. which is what i expect from v rally. not a sim racing title is it really ?
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    The tracks for rallycross and other stuff seems more fantasy action oriented. 

The rallly stages looked decent, but often too wide. Physics looks like improved WRC7, and I felt that WRC7 was quite good as a sim. So we'll see. Worst case it looks like it'll be a fun semi-real game, at best the rally parts might actually be quite good. I'll buy it, that's for sure.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• gk9147gk9147 Member New Car Smell
    dgeesi0 it is you who choose whether the game will be simu or not it is the same for dirt rally and dirt 4
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    JorritVD said:
    Is this something to gossip about? DiRT Facebook page posting something about WRC.
    This is interesting, also VRally4 doesnt have any WRC location, USA, KENYA and MALAYSIA. So if BigBen has the licence and dont use any new generation WRC car, any WRC rally, the are just stupid or silent Codemasters has the licence
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Engineer
    Maybe an entirely different company and dev have the license and maybe Paul left Codies to work there?  :o
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Areyouben said:
    Maybe an entirely different company and dev have the license and maybe Paul left Codies to work there?  :o
    That thought had crossed my mind: Paul said he was leaving the country, is it possible he is going to another company? 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    who knows. i dont think hes old enough to retire yet :)

i do wonder if the recent by out of codies had something to do with it as it was at the exact time he left or if he had a offer that was too good to refuse. another country i have a feeling he has maybe gone to EA related studio . i guess we will see in the future.
    edited June 19
    Main reason for it crossing my mind is: if Codies finally get the WRC license why in the holy 22b heaven would Paul leave? But we’ll see. Don’t want to speculate about that too much.
  • JepserttiJepsertti Member Petrol Head
    dgeesi0 said:
    who knows. i dont think hes old enough to retire yet :)

i do wonder if the recent by out of codies had something to do with it as it was at the exact time he left or if he had a offer that was too good to refuse. another country i have a feeling he has maybe gone to EA related studio . i guess we will see in the future.
    Need For Speed: WRC

(No, please no!)
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

We had Need for Speed: V-Rally 2 so who knows!  :D
  • Jack4688Jack4688 Member Unleaded
    JorritVD said:
    This is interesting, also VRally4 doesnt have any WRC location, USA, KENYA and MALAYSIA. So if BigBen has the licence and dont use any new generation WRC car, any WRC rally, the are just stupid or silent Codemasters has the licence
    If they don’t include Isle of Man in V-Rally 4 (as they have been there to model the roads for TT IoM) it will be a damn shame