Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• Oscar97Oscar97 Member Wheel Nut
    tbtstt said:
    Oscar97 said:
    JZStudios said:
    tbtstt said:
    dgeesi0 said:
    i didnt gel with the team management part of dirt 4 thought it was not needed. filler. i want to rally. thats it. select car event GO! i do see how others might like it. just dont make it effect the game. one of the biggest things with the world championships and dirt 4 you couldnt access certain settings without having unlocked them for the cars. not well thought out.
    Yeah, I'm the same. I know some people enjoyed it, but I found constantly having to renew contracts and sponsors every few races quite irritating. 
    I'm not up on it, but why would you as a driver have to constantly make licensing deals and contracts all the time? Aren't their managers for that sort of thing?
    The idea is that you're your own team director. It's not really important, but it gave you something to work towards other than just buying more and more cars.
    Yeah, I can understand the intention, I would have just preferred if you could pick your team and sponsors and have them on an indefinite contract. So if you want to keep looking for better staff/sponsors you can, but if you just want to sort a team and then carry on racing you haven't got to keep going back and picking the same engineers again and changing sponsors. 
    Well, renewing contracts definitely isn't the funniest thing to do. They could remove that entirely.
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    Oscar97 said:
    tbtstt said:
    Oscar97 said:
    JZStudios said:
    tbtstt said:
    dgeesi0 said:
    i didnt gel with the team management part of dirt 4 thought it was not needed. filler. i want to rally. thats it. select car event GO! i do see how others might like it. just dont make it effect the game. one of the biggest things with the world championships and dirt 4 you couldnt access certain settings without having unlocked them for the cars. not well thought out.
    Yeah, I'm the same. I know some people enjoyed it, but I found constantly having to renew contracts and sponsors every few races quite irritating. 
    I'm not up on it, but why would you as a driver have to constantly make licensing deals and contracts all the time? Aren't their managers for that sort of thing?
    The idea is that you're your own team director. It's not really important, but it gave you something to work towards other than just buying more and more cars.
    Yeah, I can understand the intention, I would have just preferred if you could pick your team and sponsors and have them on an indefinite contract. So if you want to keep looking for better staff/sponsors you can, but if you just want to sort a team and then carry on racing you haven't got to keep going back and picking the same engineers again and changing sponsors. 
    Well, renewing contracts definitely isn't the funniest thing to do. They could remove that entirely.
    Funny how? Like Haha funny? Funny like a clown?
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion

• boganibogani Member Champion
    JZStudios said:
    Oscar97 said:
    tbtstt said:
    Oscar97 said:
    JZStudios said:
    tbtstt said:
    dgeesi0 said:
    Funny how? Like Haha funny? Funny like a clown?
    Yes. Renewing contracts are as funny as a clown. 
  • JorritVDJorritVD Member Co-Driver
    I think a team management can work. But rather work with seasons/championships/tier based

Tier 1
    - Maximum weekends that you can do in one season are 8 weekends. So for example you can do a championship of 5 rounds and choose if you do 1, or 2, or 3 extra guest entries somewhere and if you can find budget for that. 
    Tier 2
    - Maximum weekends that you can do in one season are 10 weekends.
    Tier 3.
    Etc. 

- Team personnel you give a contract for a season or multiple seasons. So not that in the middle of an event is gone. If you do multiple championships you might need to get more personnel, or hire personnal for an event or two if the capacity is not enough. 
    - Based on type of car, championships, reputation you can hire better personal. A top mechanic want to work on a WRC / WRX Supercar, instead of 2wd R2 Fiesta. But if you have a good reputation, good performances on track, maybe a top mechanic want to work with you in the RX S1600. 
    - A sponsor can be for a season or championship. After the season your sponsor is happy and want to invest more or if not happy, could leave. For the guest entry in a other championship you might be able to look for an event sponsor. 
    "If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Anyone else having issues signing into the forum on mobile using Steam login?
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    Yep, me too. Using ANY tipe of login, to be honest...
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • Accro2008Accro2008 Member Pit Crew
    Accro2008 said:
    Little rumor going around on a french rally forum from a well known codriver.

Apparently Luis Moya (Sainz codriver) will be in charge of the notes in spanish.
    And Stephane Prévot (codriver of Atkinson, Duval and a lot of other official drivers) for the notes in french

Looks like the infos were right, Stephane Prévot for french codriver :

JorritVD said:
    I think a team management can work. But rather work with seasons/championships/tier based

Tier 1
    - Maximum weekends that you can do in one season are 8 weekends. So for example you can do a championship of 5 rounds and choose if you do 1, or 2, or 3 extra guest entries somewhere and if you can find budget for that. 
    Tier 2
    Tier 3.
    Etc. 

- Team personnel you give a contract for a season or multiple seasons. So not that in the middle of an event is gone. If you do multiple championships you might need to get more personnel, or hire personnal for an event or two if the capacity is not enough. 
    - Based on type of car, championships, reputation you can hire better personal. A top mechanic want to work on a WRC / WRX Supercar, instead of 2wd R2 Fiesta. But if you have a good reputation, good performances on track, maybe a top mechanic want to work with you in the RX S1600. 
    - A sponsor can be for a season or championship. After the season your sponsor is happy and want to invest more or if not happy, could leave. For the guest entry in a other championship you might be able to look for an event sponsor. 
    What if they made it so if you keep changing the setup of your car or break it too much the mechanic just gets **** and starts shouting, drinking heavily, throwing things around and then walks out mid event?
  • EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Team Principal
    edited October 15
    JZStudios said:
    JorritVD said:

Tier 1
    Tier 2
    Tier 3.
    Etc. 

What if they made it so if you keep changing the setup of your car or break it too much the mechanic just gets **** and starts shouting, drinking heavily, throwing things around and then walks out mid event?
    Well... I've never walked out of an event :D

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

Evilsmurf said:
    JZStudios said:
    JorritVD said:

Tier 1
    Tier 2
    Tier 3.
    Etc. 

Well... I've never walked out of an event :D
    What if they brought you the wrong kind of snacks?
  • JLUOJLUO Member New Car Smell
    carpa said:
    I know this is not the Forum Login Suppor thread, but I had problems with login too for some time, until I realised where I should click after I log in. Here is a screenshot. I just kept clicking the "Sign in" button.

• versediversedi Member Champion
    edited October 16
    I'm staying logged in on my phone but can't login from desktop. Will try that as soon as I can.

PS. I hate writing on phone with all my heart. Quoting is literally impossible
  • jayp666jayp666 Member Pit Crew
    versedi said:
    I'm staying logged in on my phone but can't login from desktop. Will try that as soon as I can.

It's been like that for years... quoting in this forum is a pain in the ass. Why don't they give us simply quotation marks based code like <quote> and </quote> it would be much more easier.
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    jayp666 said:
    versedi said:

It's been like that for years... quoting in this forum is a pain in the ass. Why don't they give us simply quotation marks based code like <quote> and </quote> it would be much more easier.

Ehmm... you know you can press the code button "</>" and you get full tags?
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    JLUO said:
    carpa said:
    I know this is not the Forum Login Suppor thread, but I had problems with login too for some time, until I realised where I should click after I log in. Here is a screenshot. I just kept clicking the "Sign in" button.

This worked on my phone, set Chrome/your browser to view Desktop site and try that link.
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    edited October 16
    JLUO said:
    carpa said:

This worked on my phone, set Chrome/your browser to view Desktop site and try that link.
    Ah thank you, didn’t know you could do that! I’m back on at last!
  • Alf72Alf72 Member Co-Driver
    JLUO said:
    carpa said:

Exactly same thing is happening with me, in the last ~2 weeks, logging through desktop. After signing in, to REALLY get logged in, i need to hit that "Sign in with Accounts".

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | DiRT Rally 2.0 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013 | F1 2015

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

" Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows " - Walter Rohrl