Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    Rallystu2 said:
    By launch, you'll have the launch car list and the vehicles (and locations) coming with Season 1. :smiley:
    No early Christmas present, @christinaMC?
    'Before launch' gives us some wiggle room! It might be more a Happy New Year present though ;)
    I still have a feeling we'll see at least one new car before Christmas. No insider information, just a hunch
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    Rallystu2 said:
    By launch, you'll have the launch car list and the vehicles (and locations) coming with Season 1. :smiley:
    No early Christmas present, @christinaMC?
    'Before launch' gives us some wiggle room! It might be more a Happy New Year present though ;)
    I still have a feeling we'll see at least one new car before Christmas. No insider information, just a hunch

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited December 6
    JorritVD said:
    Looks like Oliver Solberg got some seat time back in february in the Focus RS RX. It was for filming for Ghymkhana 10. Hope this nice plain livery comes to DR2.0.

The segment with Oliver is featured in episode 6 of The Gymkhana Files. Episodes 7 and 8 (which includes Gymkhana 10) will be available on Amazon tomorrow. 

As for the Focus RS RX I would think it's inclusion might be dependant on an ARX DLC pack: the RS RX didn't run in World RX this year and I wonder if that means it won't be in DR2.0. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

edited December 6
    I don't like to say it, but I think the Focus will be DLC this time around. But we got the Impreza which also wasn't in WRX this year so who knows really. Well except for the codies. They know it all
    -Mario Andretti
  • dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    tbtstt said:
    JorritVD said:
    Looks like Oliver Solberg got some seat time back in february in the Focus RS RX. It was for filming for Ghymkhana 10. Hope this nice plain livery comes to DR2.0.

The segment with Oliver is featured in episode 6 of The Gymkhana Files. Episodes 7 and 8 (which includes Gymkhana 10) will be available on Amazon tomorrow. 

As for the Focus RS RX I would think it's inclusion might be dependant on an ARX DLC pack: the RS RX didn't run in World RX this year and I wonder if that means it won't be in DR2.0. 
    The Subaru wrx STI RX is also not in  FIA WRX 2018, but is in the game, i think Focus RS RX will be in Game, just not sure is it from begining or later per DLC
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited December 6
    I don't like to say it, but I think the Focus will be DLC this time around. But we got the Impreza which also wasn't in WRX this year so who knows really. Well except for the codies. They know it all
    Well we have seen it in the preview build but, if there is an ARX DLC, I do wonder if we won't see the WRX STI until that comes out. 

I see @ChristinaMc has said that the car list and some DLC content will be revealed pre-launch, so we should know well before 26th February! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• gk9147gk9147 Member New Car Smell
    @Rygar86 thanks for you reply :) , but what is replay system ?  , for lengh stages maybe codemasters think the player  is not ready for long  stage, look  dirt 4 in spain you have more 20 km ( and 19 for other country )stage in rally ( in dirt rally 1.0 the more longer  rally   stage have 11km ), wait dirt rally 2.0 maybe the long stage ( 30 km ,maybe 40 or 50 km ) come in to this futur game.  

personally, my only  problem is co-driver error ( example : on dirt 4 , the co driver said the bad  angle of turn  or pin not precise ( you no have info for  close or open note sometimes ).

and for me was good but on dirt rally 1.0 you no have many RX  race because codemaster, before dirt 4 no have RX licence . and the rally stage is limited because after 3 month , you know perfectly the all rally stage . for dirt rally 2.0 i wait normal stage and i wait really more the  generated stage  . and i hope the monthly update (with small dlc) come to this game  ( not all years  but monthly  update during 2 years   should be good  )
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Pit Crew
    would it be real hard to add a feature where by you can "catch" slower car on stage ,whether it'd be dynamic with AI or scripted ,just to add to immersion?

• Rallystu2Rallystu2 Member Pit Crew
    Scripted wouldn't work you'd spot it a mile off like the spin offs in the first grid game. It'd have to be random active dynamic system of some sort
    They should just up the percentage of crashed cars on the roadside. I felt it was too sparse in DiRT4
    -Mario Andretti
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    They should just up the percentage of crashed cars on the roadside. I felt it was too sparse in DiRT4
    Especially with road position. When starting at the back you should see a lot more cars off the road. From experience I’ve been right at the back before on a stage and passed around 5 or six cars off the road
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    How long was the stage though?
    Percentage-wise, it was probably about right in D4.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    edited December 6
    Percentage of competitors too; starting at the back in a national event (in the UK) you can have 100 cars starting in front of you. I thought it was right in D4, rare enough that it still surprised you. Crucially, it reflected the actual standings.
    Post edited by RodgerDavies on
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    edited December 7
    Even on short stages like Porlock Hill in Somerset I’ve passed 4 or 5 cars off the road when running at the back. It’s not uncommon to pass a few cars within a short distance of each other too!

If you haven’t seen Porlock before, here’s a clip of my brother doing it a few years ago:
    https://youtu.be/6MrIS1jtGhc

Its a a really great tarmac stage, I actually prefer it to the Great Orme! He also does a pretty dodgy overtake at 3:40

edit: watching that back, he actually passes about 4 cars on that run