Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Race Engineer

Don't recognise it from dirt3 or 2...

But it does look like fun

:)

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    Azoresst said:
    Looks like is not today that we have a DiRT game announced!  :P
    There is probably a press event this week or was today, however some companies impose and embargo on information to be released.  Apple allows the press to preview hardware all the time a couple of weeks (sometimes) prior to an announcement, after the official announcement, the embargo is lifted and the press can go nuts.  I think its a little bit of a control, and fairness to those in the press that may be 'in the back of the line' to see the product.  Can't have the first guy to sit down a take his turn to play, or even to get through the door and twitter about it, so he can be first to break the news.

Codies are pretty secretive, and may even as to have people check their phones, etc in at a desk so no one can leak info at that moment

Probably looks like this there:

Press can be brutal at times, hahah

twitter: gflinch

• MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited April 2014
    Azoresst said:
    Looks like it, but based on @dirtgame Monday tweets Codies are not the biggest Monday fans..

I'm actually very intrigued by PR in video games industry. Why are developers sometimes quite secretive? Is it the obvious reason of being concerned that a competitor would use the ideas/technology to release a game earlier and take market share? Or is there more to it?

I guess wherever big sums of money are involved IP needs to be protected.

Is there a perfect time of a week to release gaming news? Kind of the opposite of politicians looking for a big event to hide their bad news? :P 

In any case I'm quietly hoping this Gossip thread will become a bit obsolete pretty soon :)
    Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
    edited April 2014
    There's a media event at Lydden Hill today where Liam Doran will show off his car:

I think also Andrew Jordan will show his vehicle for his World RX apperance: 

New pics:

On April 23rd World RX is having a big media day in Italy so if RX was to be officially licensed in the next game maybe it would be announced there.

Maybe I should stop getting my hopes up... This Blog tease could be for Grid/TOCA game

Post edited by MastaVonBlasta on
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    There's a media event at Lydden Hill today where Liam Doran will show off his car:

I think also Andrew Jordan will show his vehicle for his World RX apperance: 

On April 23rd World RX is having a big media day in Italy so if RX was to be officially licensed in the next game maybe it would be announced there.

Maybe I should stop getting my hopes up... This Blog tease could be for Grid/TOCA game

Would be cool if he had his RS200 there aswell :D
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    Azoresst said:
    No not today :P,

Just keep in mind that the have 3 big titles that we produce and I never hinted that it could be DiRT, I'll fess up to totally dropping hints all over the place as to what we're up to and unless you want me to stop that I'll carry on. 

I'd hate for you guys to feel like we've (I've) let you down. Just try to feel assured that me @JonTucker, @KickUp and loads of other people have jobs still :)

Also you're still missing loads of clues :P

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

Just keep in mind that the have 3 big titles that we produce and I never hinted that it could be DiRT, I'll fess up to totally dropping hints all over the place as to what we're up to and unless you want me to stop that I'll carry on. 

I'd hate for you guys to feel like we've (I've) let you down. Just try to feel assured that me @JonTucker, @KickUp and loads of other people have jobs still :)

I see :) Then this week we'll not see DiRT news - I suspect that it will have something to do with the GRID series (that's based on @Loore doing a final countdown to something :) )

Last night I went back 12 months through @dirtgame and @KickUp timelines and while I have spotted some little hints the forum prevented me from adding them to the original post because number of characters in 'un-urled' links was too much.

If there are loads of clues then I need help @justbiglee :)

I see :) Then this week we'll not see DiRT news - I suspect that it will have something to do with the GRID series (that's based on @Loore doing a final countdown to something :) )

Last night I went back 12 months through @dirtgame and @KickUp timelines and while I have spotted some little hints the forum prevented me from adding them to the original post because number of characters in 'un-urled' links was too much.

If there are loads of clues then I need help @justbiglee :)

I'll look into that forum thing, didn't know it even had a limit on that :/ You should be able to add them as a new post though.

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    couger1981 said: Would be cool if he had his RS200 there aswell :D

Both the Doran RS200's belong to Pat (Liams Dad!).

Been looking at the news from Lydden today, but nothing major so far. I have just been told that rallycross will be getting a feature on tonights local news: doubt they will launch a new game there!   

Still some major unknowns with regards to Liam's World Rallycross team, which I guess we'll hear more on when the World Championship is officially launched on the 23rd.

In Rallycross related news I just spotted this article over on Racingist:

http://racingist.com/2014/04/15/inside-line-david-binks/

Its an interview with David Binks and contains a few interesting lines mid-interview, specifically:

"...we are working with some great people throughout the year in WRX and with Codemasters on some exciting stuff"

Surely that must be DiRT 4?

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    edited April 2014
    I've seen a few hints from @kickup on twitter, but obviously nothing is confirmed yet. It's clearly something very exciting that they're working on. Just wonder when I'll get to have a go, hopefully very soon...  :-bd
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
  • RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    edited April 2014
    This was one of Pauls tweets I wanted to find (and just have). I asked about the possibility of implementing launch control in the game for certain cars, such as WRC, R5 etc...

and this was the reply

Could've been on the wind up, but would be a cool little feature.

This was another tweet, when I asked if anything HADN'T been included

and in reference to 'joker' laps in Rallycross

So there's some more hints, to get your minds going! 
    #:-S
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
  • WinniePWinnieP Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2014

Great stuff in here! Looking forward to reading all these interviews, and loving that Tom Cave video (Especially after watching the DMACK Cup the other day)

The only bit of ‘gossip’ I have to add right this moment is a re-tweet from (I think, BigLee..? Sorry I’m new round here :-) )

“We’re also a huge fan of Benjaminaward this week that tweeted us a link to the awesome photos he took at this year’s Rally Sweden. We’ve already put them in a special folder marked “Reference Photos”, (don’t know why, DiRT Team must be up to something too). If you’d like to check out Benjamin’s photos you can here

I’m sure I have more somewhere in my notes from a similar thread I made a few weeks back on a different site (I won’t linky in case that’s not the ‘done thing’ round here)

WinnieP said:

(I won’t linky in case that’s not the ‘done thing’ round here)

link away - thats what the button is for :)

• AzoresstAzoresst Member Race Steward
    Azoresst said:

@justbiglee Well, what about new hints? :P

Creator of: ""Next" DiRT game wishlist!" (aka DiRT Rally) && "DiRT Rally feedback list"

edited April 2014
    tbtstt said:

Been looking at the news from Lydden today, but nothing major so far. I have just been told that rallycross will be getting a feature on tonights local news: doubt they will launch a new game there!   

Still some major unknowns with regards to Liam's World Rallycross team, which I guess we'll hear more on when the World Championship is officially launched on the 23rd.

Its an interview with David Binks and contains a few interesting lines mid-interview, specifically:

"...we are working with some great people throughout the year in WRX and with Codemasters on some exciting stuff"

Should say his R200 Pikes peak

Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

tbtstt said:

Yeah, thats the ex-Dieter Knuttel shell Pat bought a couple of years back, such a mean looking car! Liam "borrowed" it from Pat to use at Pikes Peak, but then couldn't make it due to a scheduling conflict so Pat ended up running. Pat is to return to Pikes Peak with the RS200 again this year.  

Pats original rallycross RS200 is currently undergoing a rebuild and will run in the Retro Rallycross Challenge here in the UK later this year.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

tbtstt said:
    tbtstt said:

Yeah, thats the ex-Dieter Knuttel shell Pat bought a couple of years back, such a mean looking car! Liam "borrowed" it from Pat to use at Pikes Peak, but then couldn't make it due to a scheduling conflict so Pat ended up running. Pat is to return to Pikes Peak with the RS200 again this year.  

Pats original rallycross RS200 is currently undergoing a rebuild and will run in the Retro Rallycross Challenge here in the UK later this year.

It does look like a beast :D
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

tbtstt said:
    tbtstt said:

It does look like a beast :D

It ran at Lydden once before they heavily modified it...

...and I've seen it on display a few times, but never seen it running in its full Monster configuration: apparently its too loud to be taken on track!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Dear fellow DiRTy Gossipers, Based on: - justbiglee's post about devs 'not wanting to disappoint' us - @Loore‌ tweet with 'Final countdown - @Loore‌ 's post: No GRID announcement 'THiS' week (in italics!) which to me suggests next week - a number of @‌gridgame tweets about TOCA today I'm concluding my gossip prediction that there will be no DiRT related announcements this week or next or maybe even any time soon... :(
    edited April 2014
    Pay no attention to Ben he's a bigger troll than I am :P

You're on to some good stuff here in this thread guys and it sounds weird but watching you pull out different bits of info and how you interpret it is really useful to me and us as a whole, it lets us know that we're doing the right or wrong things.

So don't focus on when we're saying something, take a look at what we're actually saying and talk about that.

You've found most of the right pieces you just need to put them together now :)