Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Think the annoucement is for the F1 2013 game being released for Mac?
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• AzoresstAzoresst Member Race Steward
    edited April 2014
    Don't think so... This was announced on March 6th and the blog was wrote on April 11th!
    Creator of: ""Next" DiRT game wishlist!" (aka DiRT Rally) && "DiRT Rally feedback list"

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Team Principal
     No GRID announcement 'THiS' week
    Quick check of the GRID pages, shows it's being spelt as GRID, a quick scan of the DiRT pages has a certain Community Manager specifying that DiRT is spelt DiRT and they get upset if someone incorrectly spells it as Dirt, because the brand name is DiRT. I haven't read any of the other forums on the new site, so I don't know how much leaking and winding up of forum members is going on over the release of other titles, but...

"THiS" and...
    So don't focus on when we're saying something,  take a LOOK AT WHAT WE'RE ACTUALLY SAYING and talk about that.

You've found most of the right pieces you just need to put them together now :)
    To me, implies DiRT 4 announcement next week.

Now gimme a cookie
    :D

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Azoresst said:
    Don't think so... This was announced on March 6th and the blog was wrote on April 11th!
    I got a email from Codemaster's today about the Game being released on Mac.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• WinniePWinnieP Member New Car Smell
    WinnieP said:

(I won’t linky in case that’s not the ‘done thing’ round here)

link away - thats what the button is for :)

I was thinking more on the lines of people thinking I was poaching users for another forum ;-p http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-General/DiRT-4/m-p/21097953#M106019

Had a quick look last night but couldn’t find the notes I’d deliberately left out (for fear of bogging it down) From what I remember MastaVonBlasta has already got them in their OP or they were really old bits from the pre/post Showdown stuff about it heading back to its rally routes (roots), I’m sure there was another that grabbed my attention from the Codies blog..? 

Work and now the bank holiday may slow me down, but I'll keep looking  ;-)

• MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
     No GRID announcement 'THiS' week
    Quick check of the GRID pages, shows it's being spelt as GRID, a quick scan of the DiRT pages has a certain Community Manager specifying that DiRT is spelt DiRT and they get upset if someone incorrectly spells it as Dirt, because the brand name is DiRT. I haven't read any of the other forums on the new site, so I don't know how much leaking and winding up of forum members is going on over the release of other titles, but...

"THiS" and...
    So don't focus on when we're saying something,  take a LOOK AT WHAT WE'RE ACTUALLY SAYING and talk about that.

You've found most of the right pieces you just need to put them together now :)

Now gimme a cookie
    Whoa!

Now it gets really interesting!

I wrote my post using a phone - you can see that it's not as pretty as I usually make them :P

@Loore 's post was actually:
    No announcements this week.

It is possible that when typing in THIS I have typed in THiS...
    Or maybe someone with appropriate forum powers changed that to be THiS... When someone edits their own post there's red line 'edited by xxx on xxx'. Would that show if a forum BOSS (e.g. @justbiglee ...) edited a post by a normal forum user?

This situation is either some spy work or coincidence that I did not write i in capitals...

Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
  • justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion

Now gimme a cookie

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

• justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    @MastaVonBlasta - As tempting as it is to mess with peoples post's sometimes, its something we wont do unless its to remove something offensive but in most cases we just remove the whole post.

With great power comes great responsibility. 

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion

'Getting builds ready' would suggest that they are getting something ready to show, either to press or for play testing. It seems a bit too soon for a Grid announcement for me, as codemasters tend to have games in development for much longer than a year before they make any announcements.

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion

'Getting builds ready' would suggest that they are getting something ready to show, either to press or for play testing. It seems a bit too soon for a Grid announcement for me, as codemasters tend to have games in development for much longer than a year before they make any announcements.

Yeah, I think there would be a lynching if they would announce another GRID this soon before DiRT4.

twitter: gflinch

gfRally said:

Yeah, I think there would be a lynching if they would announce another GRID this soon before DiRT4.
    I would like to think so too :) However, Codemasters had both rally and touring car drivers come in for playtests and hints on CMR or TOCA inspired direction are coming through from both DiRT and GRID camps.

I can't call it anymore... :)
  • dotmartindotmartin Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2014
    I would like to think so too :) However, Codemasters had both rally and touring car drivers come in for playtests and hints on CMR or TOCA inspired direction are coming through from both DiRT and GRID camps.

This might suggest... 

What if they have merged the two series. One big useless World Series of Racing with gymkhana, rally, touring cars, touge, le mans, horseback riding and (god forbid) drift. All vehicles mixed up into one big stinkin stew called GRiT..
    We had to stop because there came some stone through Timo's seat. Up in the --- of Timo!
  • AzoresstAzoresst Member Race Steward
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Because they'll be doing donuts on the next DiRT game!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
    dotmartin said:

This might suggest... 

What if they have merged the two series. One big useless World Series of Racing with gymkhana, rally, touring cars, touge, le mans, horseback riding and (god forbid) drift. All vehicles mixed up into one big stinkin stew called GRiT..
    Stop it. You've got an impressive imagination :)

Azoresst said:
    Maybe they're brewing up some big news next week and they need the brain fuel?
    Poor @justbiglee can only watch them stuff their faces with doughnuts...

We will have to see what the next weekly update brings, but from the last one it would seem like something is definitely around the corner.

They have had professionals coming in and testing for a long time, but it seems that they've had rally drivers in a long time before the touring car drivers.

Michael

Okay so this one may be a bit of a stretch in interpretation, but... this tweet to me suggests that the DiRT team just got approval or licence for VW Polo WRC. Too hopeful?

Very interesting! Possibly a private joke, but Lee responds with 'its the best kind of news'. There's always hope, but I would have thought they would have secured this earlier in development. But still, I don't know much about game development and licensing, so I could be wrong!

Michael

Very interesting! Possibly a private joke, but Lee responds with 'its the best kind of news'. There's always hope, but I would have thought they would have secured this earlier in development. But still, I don't know much about game development and licensing, so I could be wrong!
    I remember from some old @KickUp interview that often the team models and develops cars for the game with hope that the approval will come through later. Because it takes a long time to 3D model the car and then tweak its handling they have to start before they get the manufacturer/livery approval.

Maybe in the past the DiRT team modelled and developed cars, which they couldn't put into the final game because of licencing issues. 

That tweet may be a joke between work buds or a deliberate hint? :D
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    dotmartin said:

This might suggest... 

The name actually sounds really cool there. I wonder what kind of game would be appropriate to slap that label on. Drag racing on the salt flats maybe? 
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.