Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• Tark9mTark9m Unleaded
    Tark9m said:
    Has it OccUrred tO anYone thaT multiple titles and timing mAy bE announcEd?
    OUOYTAE

YOUTUBE

what?
    LOL. I was just playing off the DiRT v GRID think posted earlier. I have hidden no super-secret message in CAPS...   or....... did I?
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae
  • gfRallygfRally Champion
    edited April 2014

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Big news coming tomorrow, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=#RedBullGRC&amp;amp;src=hash">#RedBullGRC</a> fans... we&#39;ll have another HUGE team announcement! Any guesses on who it might be?</p>&mdash; Red Bull GRC (@RedBullGRC) <a href="

">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

HMMM ?? ?   Codemasters the new team?  Curious its the same day as the OTHER announcement... ok go ahead and crush me..

twitter: gflinch

• tbtstttbtstt Champion
    Petter Solberg will show off his 2014 car and judging by teasers it will have a black/red/gold livery. I actually loved his bare black carbon fibre with stickers approach from 2013.
    I saw the teaser picture of his 2014 car and was actually a bit disappointed. His 2013 car was easily my fave livery in the rallycross paddock last year, I was hoping it would be back for 2014!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• It went awfully quiet on the DiRTi Gossip front...

I guess Codies are busy cooking up the GRID PR storm for tomorrow 22/414.

Perhaps we'll find out the release date of the next GRID game tomorrow. That date being in 2014 pretty much means that DiRT is unlikely to come out this year, due to over-crowding of Codies racing game market.

There's also a big World RX media event in Italy later this week. I think there'll be plenty of great news, but a tie-up with Codemasters is unlikely to be announced... (prove me wrong please!)

Petter Solberg will show off his 2014 car and judging by teasers it will have a black/red/gold livery. I actually loved his bare black carbon fibre with stickers approach from 2013.
    So with GRID: Autosport being released in late June, it still leaves plenty of hope for a DiRT3 successor to be announced (and released) in 2014. I just hope that unlike GRID it'll be available for next gen too.
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
  • Tark9mTark9m Unleaded
    edited April 2014
    Autosport, DiRT 4 and a new F1 by years ends.. that would be epic.
    I am both holding my breath and rolling my pennies.
    I am serious, I am holding my breath right now!................ Look at me codies.. I am doing it...  Holding my breath until the new DiRT is announced...  I'm turning red... I'll do it.
    Ah.. nevermind I'll just wait patiently and stay tuned to the forum.
  • North3rnstarNorth3rnstar New Car Smell
    @Tark9m when i first glimpsed at your post , I thought it said "I am holding my breathe and rolling my ****"
    This would explain why you were holding your breath LMAO

OMG i need to go to specsavers
    8-}
  • Tark9mTark9m Unleaded
    @Tark9m when i first glimpsed at your post , I thought it said "I am holding my breathe and rolling my ****"
    This would explain why you were holding your breath LMAO

OMG i need to go to specsavers
    8-} 

It says the PEN IS MIGHTIER than the sword.  The spaces in there are kind of important.

• GinginhoGinginho Unleaded
    It went awfully quiet on the DiRTi Gossip front...

I guess Codies are busy cooking up the GRID PR storm for tomorrow 22/414.

Perhaps we'll find out the release date of the next GRID game tomorrow. That date being in 2014 pretty much means that DiRT is unlikely to come out this year, due to over-crowding of Codies racing game market.
    I was hopeful for this year but would have expected the teasers to have started in earnest by now and, with GRID and F1 2014 in the pipeline for this year, it seems unlikely that the other big Codies series will also get a game in 2014.

It's also worth noting that following the very well received D3 playtest Codies have done something for similar for quite a few of their more recent titles. The D3 playtest was only 3 months ahead of the release so I won't be getting to excited just yet - at some point, Paul, Lee and JT are going to have to start ramping things up on Twitter. Then it will be time! :)
  • TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Petrol Head
    So with GRID: Autosport being released in late June, it still leaves plenty of hope for a DiRT3 successor to be announced (and released) in 2014. I just hope that unlike GRID it'll be available for next gen too.
    For those who missed it, this went on earlier today in the forums:
    We won't hear anything until 2015 now because of the announcement of Grid Autosport.
    ... don't be so sure.

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • I was very hopeful when I saw that it was only two months until GRID's release, meaning that there is still plenty of time for a DiRT announcement this year!

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Team Principal
    I was very hopeful when I saw that it was only two months until GRID's release, meaning that there is still plenty of time for a DiRT announcement this year!
    In my view the release in June means that DiRT is unlikely to release in 2014..
    I suspect that Codemasters do not expect their core player base and newcomers to buy more than two titles, even if they are 3 months apart.

On a more positive note I think that once GRID Autosport releases in June the development team would be moved onto the next DiRT. Seemingly a smaller team has been working on the rally game for some time, but with a significant expansion in team size development would accelerate (more stages please! :) ) and maybe we'll be looking at March-May 2015 release. 

(I'm enjoying making up these theories and gossip - we have no idea what we're talking about! :D :D That's why it's quite fun... :) )

The World RX event in Italy so far did not produce a game licence announcement... However, Mattias Ekstrom and Pontus Tidemand announced that they will compete in selected round in 2014 using an Audi A1 supercar:

Petter Solberg RX team showed their livery and I have to say I'm not a fan... :(

Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
  • Probably not a release, but there is plenty of time for an announcement ;)

and I agree, I'm really not a fan of the new livery, it looks almost amateur.

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• tbtstttbtstt Champion

Petter Solberg RX team showed their livery and I have to say I'm not a fan... :(

Me neither! Much preferred last years livery: and where is Bruce Lee?!

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• AzoresstAzoresst Petrol Head
    edited April 2014
    Creator of: ""Next" DiRT game wishlist!" (aka DiRT Rally) && "DiRT Rally feedback list"

• couger1981couger1981 Race Engineer
    Does Jamie lowes still work for Codemasters, looks like he is a Indie designer now?
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• AzoresstAzoresst Petrol Head
    @couger1981 I really dunno, @justbiglee post a list with DiRT dev's in twitter, so I suppose that he is in the team! :)
    Creator of: ""Next" DiRT game wishlist!" (aka DiRT Rally) && "DiRT Rally feedback list"

• couger1981couger1981 Race Engineer
    Azoresst said:
    @couger1981 I really dunno, @justbiglee post a list with DiRT dev's in twitter, so I suppose that he is in the team! :)
    Yeah i looked at his profile and said that Codemasters was one of his workplaces but @justbiglee must have a good reason to tweet it :D
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• Does Jamie lowes still work for Codemasters, looks like he is a Indie designer now?
    Yeah Jamie does, in his spare time he's making this awesome game called super something squad. 

I can also confirm he is super fly.

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

• MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Team Principal
    Quiet on the DiRTy gossip front I'm afraid.

With the release of GRID Autosport blog entries and Codies communications will be focused on releasing more info about the next game.

I'll be on the lookout for hints in tweets and interviews, but like I said in previous posts here's how I read the situation:

April - June - PR offensive for GRID Autosport
    July - September - announcement and PR offensive for next-gen (current-gen by then?) F1 2014
    October 2014 - F1 2014 release
    November - December 2014 - hopefully time for next DiRT game announcement
    some time in 2015 - next DiRT game release
    Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
  • Well I still think we will see some hints from @KickUp‌ as he's not working on GRID at all. I'm sure @justbiglee‌ will still be providing various hints too. Just have to keep an eye out.
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/