Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• SirPhilMcKrakenSirPhilMcKraken Member Petrol Head
    gfRally said:
    I just noticed that @justbiglee profile pic no longer shows up :confused:

He Moved to EA last year..
    Really??, nobody know that here  :D
    Yep, he does social media and community managing for Battlefield 1 I think
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    There's apparently 300 stages in the career, that would take forever to go through each one and change things. As far as I'm aware they are just purely stages created using the same generator we will have, and as previously said they will probably progress with the career by becoming more technical and longer as you progress

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    gfRally said:
    I just noticed that @justbiglee profile pic no longer shows up :confused:

He Moved to EA last year..
    Really??, nobody know that here  :D
    Yep, he does social media and community managing for Battlefield 1 I think
    It was sarcastic ;)
  • edgenzedgenz Member Co-Driver
    edited March 20
    I was thinking this morning - being realistic about my abilities - the main reason I'm able to beat Master times in DR is because I've driven the same 2 stages per location for ~380 hours. 

Do you all think Master difficulty (or equivalent) is going to be even more challenging for Dirt 4 due to the number of stages we're getting per location?

Dirt Rally Liveries: <60s - 80s> <Group A - F2 Kit - R4> <2000 - 2010>
  • RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    edgenz said:
    Do you all think Master difficulty (or equivalent) is going to be even more challenging for Dirt 4 due to the number of stages we're getting per location?
    Master difficulty in DR was from what was said essentially a times set by the fastest dev in the studio. Then they added some percentage multipliers to adjust for different conditions, difficulty etc.

In DiRT 4 due to the fact that they have infinite amount of tracks, they can't go that way, so the difficulty is most likely going to be something similar to the one in DiRT 3 I would imagine. And to be honest, on some stages the AI in DiRT 3 on the hardest level was stupendously fast.

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    I imagine there is some kind of formula that could be worked out with the complexity and length sliders that will help with ai times. I'm so excited to play the career mode in this game!

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• KickUpKickUp Member, Codemasters Champion
    I imagine there is some kind of formula that could be worked out with the complexity and length sliders that will help with ai times. I'm so excited to play the career mode in this game!
    Yeah, its something along those lines. We actually did a similar thing for our previous games as we needed to account for damage, wear rates, and all other kinds of things.

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.

Twitter kick_up

• DeMoN1111111DeMoN1111111 Member New Car Smell
    in dirt rally I really wondered what happens at the following case:

I changed gear 1 and gear 5 of the renault alpine 110 one step longer, same for final drive and saved the setup.

Now I started the career and of course I dont have the advanced car setup at the moment. Now I loaded the car setup for the alpine
    And the gear slider was one step further right - and now I really wonder:
    What did it load now? Did it apply the 1st and 5th longer gear?? Or are this time all gears changed? But the latter would be strange as well :D I really wonder - what does the game load then? :D
  • Racers24Racers24 Member New Car Smell
    its a very good game announced you must try this game 
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    tbtstt said:
    tbtstt said:
    Azoresst said:
    Road Book is up, about Team management:

https://dirtgame.com/blog/45286
    I had been hoping for more rallycross info but, having read about it now, I'm very keen to see more of the team aspect of the game!
    It's coming! :) We'll in Barcelona at the end of the month, and we're hoping to do loads while we're out there. :)
    You are? Sounds promising, hopefully you won't all blank me if I pass you in the pits again @ChristinaMc! :smiley:
    Are you there?! Promise I won't blank you - I know what you look like now!... :)
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Yeah, I think the 300 stages in the career are pre set stages which have all been created using the your stage tool. So you probably won't be able to change those as it is a set in stone career mode. You can obviously create your own stages in custom events and online/leagues
    Correct - the career stages are generated by Your Stage, but curated by us to make sure it fits the challenge curve. Your Stage track generation is for custom events, freeplay, leagues, clubs, PvP, and that side of things. :)
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    tbtstt said:
    tbtstt said:
    Azoresst said:

I had been hoping for more rallycross info but, having read about it now, I'm very keen to see more of the team aspect of the game!
    It's coming! :) We'll in Barcelona at the end of the month, and we're hoping to do loads while we're out there. :)
    You are? Sounds promising, hopefully you won't all blank me if I pass you in the pits again @ChristinaMc! :smiley:
    Are you there?! Promise I won't blank you - I know what you look like now!... :)
    I am indeed @ChristinaMc! Will definitely be at four World rounds this year (possibly five, though number five is subject to funding at the moment!).
    KickUp said:
    tbtstt said:
    tbtstt said:
    Azoresst said:

I might  B)
    That's cold @KickUp, real cold. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• warpengagewarpengage Member Co-Driver
    Our next screenshots are still pending approval with the relevant parties, alas. Working on them though!
    @ChristinaMc

Will these screens feature rally or rallyx? A mix of both? ;) . If you can share, really curious.
  • zissakos1zissakos1 Member New Car Smell
    Hi Christina, how about a gampleay video in high res, available to download from a COdemasters server? These youtube videos always suffer from bad compression...
    ProjectCars 2 did it too....

• SkyRexSkyRex Member Pit Crew
    Are the car setups in D4 still resetting on location-change in league events with multiple locations, despite not setting a service park @KickUp ?

And is it possible to set multi-class leagues? So like setting two eligible car classes for competition, but showing seperate leaderboards for both together with one overall standing? If not, might be a suggestion for the future, so you could create R5 and R4 Events with different standings for both classes while competing in the same event.