Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited May 2014

Looks like DiRT 1?

(Though I see a CMR04 box on the desk)(and what looks like a model of McRae's Legacy at the end of the desk!)

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Team Principal
    CM4 I think

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited May 2014

Haha! I just noticed the little note in the top right corner. You sods Codemasters! :D

EDIT: Zoom in on the top right:

Above the McRae poster:

"lol we shopped it out. nice try though"

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
    tbtstt said:

Haha! I just noticed the little note in the top right corner. You sods Codemasters! :D

I've got really poor eyesight! What does the note say?
    Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    it says 'lol we shopped it out, nice try though'
    AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 1060 FTW/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• AzoresstAzoresst Member Petrol Head
    edited May 2014
    I see a CMR 04 copy on desk and a red hat with "04" on it. I need a bigger screen to see more details! I saw a Codemasters logo on the right too! :P
    Post edited by Azoresst on
    Creator of: ""Next" DiRT game wishlist!" (aka DiRT Rally) && "DiRT Rally feedback list"

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    There is a picture of what looks like Sebastian Ogier there though, hint?
  • KickUpKickUp Member, Codemasters Champion
    If I'd known @justbiglee‌ was going to sneak up on me and take a picture I'd have left more clues around. It is CMR04 and I was indeed carrying out some research. I'm guessing he shopped the Postit note on my monitor too :P

DiRT Chief Game Designer & Co Driver.

Twitter kick_up

• justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    KickUp said:
    If I'd known @justbiglee‌ was going to sneak up on me and take a picture I'd have left more clues around. It is CMR04 and I was indeed carrying out some research. I'm guessing he shopped the Postit note on my monitor too :P
    Can't give away all our secrets :P

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

KickUp said:
    Can't give away all our secrets :P
    You should :D
  • dotmartindotmartin Member Wheel Nut
    I saw the picture on twitter and immediately rushed over to the forums with hopes for a nice cup of good ol gossip! Great success! :)

@justbiglee: It must be fun to be on the other side? Couldn't you throw us just a little bone of hard fact to get excited about?
    We had to stop because there came some stone through Timo's seat. Up in the --- of Timo!
  • justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    dotmartin said:
    I saw the picture on twitter and immediately rushed over to the forums with hopes for a nice cup of good ol gossip! Great success! :)

@justbiglee: It must be fun to be on the other side? Couldn't you throw us just a little bone of hard fact to get excited about?
    There are a few number 4's in that pic what more do you want?

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

• RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    edited May 2014
    For some reason it's not letting me quote and then post.

Anyway, my reply is in response to @RallyDriven ;

If they let us know all their secrets, there wouldn't be much point in this thread. It's much more fun and frustrating trying to guess, assume, speculate what the posts could mean/refer to. Just have to keep our eyes on twitter for some clues!
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
    edited May 2014

I'm just too impatient :P

on another wild speculation note, I recently did the fan survey on the WRC page, and one question which caught my eye asked whether I play video games and how often. It didn't go any further than that unfortunately, but I guess they are looking into the future of the licence

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    With all these hints and rumors and all, I think we've been playing DiRT4/Codies next Rally game for a while now.

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• GinginhoGinginho Member Unleaded
    This is a fantastic thread! :)
  • dotmartindotmartin Member Wheel Nut
    edited May 2014
    Once I finally got the message (yeah I'm a bit slow), I ran it through my sci-fi grade filters to try to clean it up and recreate the original. Ended up with this, seriously guys they are trolling us! :)

Codies has a sense of humour that's for sure. Bring on the gossip! 
    We had to stop because there came some stone through Timo's seat. Up in the --- of Timo!
  • MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
    @dotmartin   -  have you really ran the "research" photo through some fancy software and was there really a 'karate chopped it out' sticker in the original? Now I'm confused more than usual.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to spot any tweets/hints strong enough to deploy wild speculation.

However, DiRT twitter account revealed something rather important:

When @WorldRallyBlog kindly asked for one more key reveal: will the game have stages? DiRTy Twitter stopped being nice:

Hurt by such a cold reception WorldRallyBlog went on a speculation rampage: Classic Colin McRae stages in new DiRT game?

OK, you read/heard it here first – new DiRT game, which I presume will use the name DiRT 4, will use some of the classic stages, first seen in the original Colin McRae Rally series of games.

Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
  • TURBODEVIN19TURBODEVIN19 Member Race Engineer
    I would definetly like to see those locations back, and as long as the stages are graphicly up to date I wouldn't mind them using these stages, but else I'd rather have new, narrow, stages at Corsica etc. I'd love to see some more european locations like Wales and Greece, Corsica etc. we've had a lot of USA Africa and Asia based tracks in DiRT 2 & 3 already.

Steam
    : turbodevin | GFWL: TURBODEVIN19 | Twitter: turbodevin

DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally VR | DiRT 4 | DTM Race Driver 3 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport LBE | F1 2013 CE | Toybox Turbos

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Leather Edition
  • RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion

Hurt by such a cold reception WorldRallyBlog went on a speculation rampage: Classic Colin McRae stages in new DiRT game?

OK, you read/heard it here first – new DiRT game, which I presume will use the name DiRT 4, will use some of the classic stages, first seen in the original Colin McRae Rally series of games.

hahaha how on earth did they come to that conclusion from the DiRT game twitter reply?!
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/