Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Can't connect to RaceNet? *POST HERE!*

HatwardHatward Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
Hi all,

We've been working hard on RaceNet connectivity issues recently. While we've fixed the problem for a lot of you, it seems that some of you are still having problems. This is stopping you connecting to Online Events and Leagues. This is obviously bad. 

We're implementing some code right now, to detect anyone that might be having connection issues. 

Just in case we don't catch everyone, and partly to verify our checks are working correctly...

*Please post in this thread if you are still unable to connect to RaceNet*

It would also be interesting to know if you actively participate in Online Events and Leagues.

Rest assured that it's very important to us that we get you all online and playing together. If only so that Porkhammer can demolish your times.

Thanks in advance for you help!

The DiRT Team.
<3

Twitter - @Hatward

Comments

• BarssraB013BarssraB013 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2015
    Hi! Still not working, even after the last update. I did not participated in any Online Events and Leagues. Simply no connection.

CPU: AMD FX-8370;
    RAM: 16GB 1600 Kingmax;
    VGA: R9-280X;

Network Configuration: pfSense router with UPnP enabled. (I also have DiRT3, Racenet works fine.)
  • kocur751kocur751 Member New Car Smell
    Hi! Still not working, even after the last update. :-(
  • MestarnMestarn Member New Car Smell
    Cant connect since friday. All other games works.
  • chrispr27chrispr27 Member New Car Smell
    Not sure if this is the same problem but I'll try it. I can connect fine to Racenet, logs in as usual and lets me start the dailies. However on the delta dailies it doesn't bring up any split times. Fair enough, complete the stage and upload my result. I appear on the leaderboard yet the following day, no reward. Must have happened 3 times now, frustrating to miss out on credits when I know I've completed the event.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Intel Core i5-2500 / Corsair DDR3-667 8GB RAM / XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB / Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 / Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD / Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HDD / Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
  • dexaspidexaspi Member New Car Smell
    Cant connect to any online events in Racenet, can log in but wont start any event.
  • CounterdocCounterdoc Member New Car Smell
    Can't connect to racenet since weeks... i participated in some dirt league events before. :( 
  • SanderToonikusSanderToonikus Member New Car Smell
    I'm having troubles with leagues. I can race in online events but not in leagues. It's been over a month now.
  • elbradipoelbradipo Member New Car Smell
    Also for me. The game and steam disconnect automatically (i have wifi line) after a lot of minutes. Sorry for english
  • van73410van73410 Member New Car Smell
    hello everybody, three weeks without racenet leagues ,bad days :'(
    i know a father and his son play dirt rally in the same house with the same connexion but with differents computers,the son can join racenet but the father can't join...
    Maybe windows or internet security are wrong.
    van73410 said:
    i know a father and his son play dirt rally in the same house with the same connexion but with differents computers,the son can join racenet but the father can't join...
    Maybe windows or internet security are wrong.i find the solution for my computer, the problem was the league joined before the v0.8 update , i stop my participation then leagues work again.

hello everybody try to leave  every old league  you join before the update,maybe the solution
  • porksword83porksword83 Member New Car Smell
    Just purchaased the game a few days ago and cannot connect to racenet. I am very frustrated as I bought this for the sole purpose of playing with friends. For a $50 purchase this is completely unacceptable.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    Mine logs me out mid-event quite often, I have to re-connect to Steam & then continue?  Im on a fibre connection so its not line drop
  • porksword83porksword83 Member New Car Smell
    I was told to update my internet explorer and it may solve my issue it did not work. When I log in it will not connect and also for online events. I can create my own pvp event and play with other players though. I  am unable to do the daily weekly, and monthly still. I am patiently waiting a response
    van73410 said:
    hello everybody try to leave  every old league  you join before the update,maybe the solution
    @ALL: THIS WORKS OUT!!! I can join racenet now!

Thanks van73410!
  • HatwardHatward Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    van73410 said:
    @ALL: THIS WORKS OUT!!! I can join racenet now!

Thanks van73410!
    Very interesting! Do you remember which Leagues you member of? We've fixed a few things in the mean time, but if it was that we could take a look at the cause and maybe fix it for others.
    Twitter - @Hatward
    One of the leagues was called "rallye-forum" or "rallye-forum.de"... i created it some months ago, but deleted it when i left the league. 
    This was the old link to the league: https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/15503/rallye-forum-de

I don't know if that would help you out.

edited November 2015
    the leagues were called tartanpions and eracingfr.
    i created another league called test y cul and when the stage was finished,same bug , every driver can't access to the racenet servers in the game,the bug is always running :(
    Hmm... I joined only two new leagues after leaving all the others. And I can play without any problems since then. But I didn't create a new league by myself. Maybe here is the problem.