Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Where is Toca 4?

Toca was the best racer yet and codemasters still haven't brought it up to date with what could only be the best NG racer...why not? Surely there must be a demand for it or am I the only one on this planet????

Comments

• unknown113unknown113 Member Pit Crew
    Toca touring cars: BTCC by codemasters. Summer 2016 release... mmmm
    ------
    Spurs and F1
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Toca was the best racer yet and codemasters still haven't brought it up to date with what could only be the best NG racer...why not? Surely there must be a demand for it or am I the only one on this planet????
    Toca involved into Grid so Grid would be Toca 4.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    It would be interesting to find out what sales a dedicated BTCC game might achieve. Content-wise they could add the support series for more vehicles/challenges. But would it be a world-wide seller? The Race Driver games felt they had to include the DTM and V8 SuperCars to make it sell better, but DTM is now signed up with RaceRoom.

I think just a good fun game based on real-life series might be fun, rather than a lot of fake series (Grid Autosport). ToCA Race Driver 3 was still the crazy pinnacle I think (even though it missed out BTCC).
  • ChromaticChromatic Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    Toca touring cars: BTCC by codemasters. Summer 2016 release... mmmm

One of my 2016 Christmas wishes

How many different racing lines will you take 

Originally Withyman on the old forum's 

My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TBCFormulae 

Manor may be gone but the history they made lives on

• KingOfTheCakesKingOfTheCakes Member Wheel Nut
    I'm hoping that due to the success of Dirt Rally, Codies might consider doing the same kind of formula with their next Grid game. GRID: Touring Cars or something like that. With classes just like in Dirt Rally; 60s, 70s up to the 2010s etc. With other classes like DTM, V8s and the STCC possibly.

That to me, would be brilliant. 
  • LivelyZootmanLivelyZootman Member New Car Smell
    Toca is Toca Grid is Grid if anything Toca DEVOLVED to the Grid series. Toca was a true racer the grid series is just geared up for the kiddies and idiots who have no idea how to race or what true race craft even is!!!! It has mostly street cars and tracks....BORING!!!! and whats the drifting for???? a totally pointless formula that has no place in a true racing game. Make a drifting game for all the drifters out there. Sort it out CM look after those of us who have been with you since the beginning and give us back the amazing games you once made.