Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

SPAM - The endless annoyance

Comments

• YiscYisc Member New Car Smell
    versedi said:
    Did you thought about making a regex with all chinese/korean whatever else BS this is - which would prohibit making new threads? You don't have chinese section so it would work I think...
    The amount of spam seems a lot worse today. It's impossible to keep reporting them all. So again I am asking if someone who runs the forum, can do something to stop this.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Yisc said:
    versedi said:
    Did you thought about making a regex with all chinese/korean whatever else BS this is - which would prohibit making new threads? You don't have chinese section so it would work I think...
    The amount of spam seems a lot worse today. It's impossible to keep reporting them all. So again I am asking if someone who runs the forum, can do something to stop this.
    They are trying to stop it but they seem to come back.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

They are trying to stop it but they seem to come back.
    I know they delete the messages and ban the accounts, but they really should stop creating accounts this easily or stop freshly made accounts from starting new topics, until they earned the right to do so. The way it is now, is undoable for the mods of this forum and also for those who like to help them, by reporting these messages. I don't mind reporting them, but in the amount they are coming now, it's just too much.

By the looks of it *knocks on wood* the flood of spam has been stopped.

So a big thanks for that achievement and the efforts put into it.

• versediversedi Member Champion
    Back again.
    They have weird methodology: they first create a topic named "asdasdasd" with content "asdasfasfasdfa" and then after few minutes change it into asian crap.
    It seems that the spam is back, now that F1 2016 has gone live.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Pit Crew
    Yisc said:
    It seems that the spam is back, now that F1 2016 has gone live.
    +1. So much fun reading the forums with all this flying around in between legit threads.
  • LariosoDogLariosoDog Member New Car Smell
    How about sending an email to confirm not a spammer - I wonder if spamrobots fix that.
    Maybe even having the "I am not a robot" - much better than having to wait rediculous timespan to post.

I waited now 45 minutes to make second post, since I did not realize each attempt adds 10 minutes to post again.
    Dirt 2 | Dirt 3 | F1 2011 | Dirt Rally Legend | Xbox
  • MrDeapMrDeap Member Wheel Nut
    Wouldn't banning certain gambling "keyword" would fix the issue?

Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
  • LGS469LGS469 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    the spam is back big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    edited February 28
    It appears we have had a bit of a spam attack recently - I've deleted/banned as many as I can find, but if there's anything else, let me know!

This sure make me hungry. It's love at a first bite.
    Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|x-fi titanium hd|Silent Pro M1000W|Corsair 800D
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    It appears to have returned with a vengeance over the past day - I've now gone through and banned the naughty IPs/deleted the content associated with these banned users. 
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    He was here last night until about 2:00am, I banned 15 accounts before he got bored and called it a night

AMD FX-8350@4.5Ghz/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

• BusterbviBusterbvi Member Wheel Nut
    There is no such thing as "Idiot Proof" a good idiot will get around it everytime
    Logitec G25. Asus Z87 Pro. HX750 PSU. Win7/64. i7-4770k (stock) + True 120 cooler. 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866mhz. 120 GB Force SSD. 1 TB Evo SSD. EVGA GTX 980ti SC.  Asus 32 inch 4K Monitor. 2.1 Sound.  Serving wench & lap dancing facilities.
    It came back with more 스팸.

I've seen other forum where you can't post if you use banned word.
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    MrDeap said:
    It came back with more 스팸.

I've seen other forum where you can't post if you use banned word.
    It really has come back with a vengeamce. We're looking into ways we can solve it with our forum provider. 
  • fl0wf1r3fl0wf1r3 Member New Car Smell
    edited March 22
    at least the forum is still working, the codemasters website is dead since weeks? perhaps the website can not be loaded from Europe any longer ^^ImgLandnet image
    PS4 | Fanatec CSW V2 | CSP V3 | CSH | GT RACING STANDS.co.uk
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    fl0wf1r3 said:
    at least the forum is still working, the codemasters website is dead since weeks? perhaps the website can not be loaded from Europe any longer ^^ImgLandnet image
    It's working fine for me in the UK, maybe it's a side effect of Brexit?

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• spaundanspaundan Member New Car Smell
    hi everebody. I'm from Russia, live in St.-Petersburg. Play in all dirt series games. and don't understand why in DIRT 4 no uses flashback system, - because this is intresting element if play arcade mode. Please, answer me to pm or here, thanks for reading dr. Codemasters