Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2014 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
edited April 2014 in World of Motorsport

Mercedes will be hoping to take a 4th consecutive win in China, as we head into the 11th running of the Chinese Grand Prix at Shanghai. A win for Hamilton will see him close the gap to team mate Rosberg to a minimum of 4 points depending on Nico's finishing position, where as a win for the German will extend the gap to at least 18 points.

Race Information:

Track: Shanghai International Circuit

Number of laps: 56 http://

Circuit Length: 3.4 miles (5.5km)

Race Length: 189.6 miles (305.1km)

Fastest Lap: 1:32.238 (Michael Schumacher, Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, 2004)

First Grand Prix: 2004

2013 Pole Position: Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes AMG Petronas, 1:34.484

2013 Race Winner: Fernando Alonso, Scuderia Ferrari

Pirelli Tyre Compounds Available: Option - Soft, Prime - Medium, Intermediate, Wet

Race Preview:

Although he has raced in Formula 1 since 2007, Lewis Hamilton has never taken 3 wins in a row before. He will be hoping to put an end to that record this weekend, however this track heralds bad memories in the Brit's mind, with the pit entry having cost the driver the 2007 world championship. The same cannot be said for his team mate, who took his maiden win at this circuit in 2012 in dominant fashion after his then team mate Michael Schumacher retired with a loose wheel.

Nico Hulkenberg led here last year for Sauber and will be looking to continue Force India's good start to the season - as will his team mate Sergio Perez who claimed his first podium for the team last time out in Bahrain.

Ferrari come into this race with a new team principal in the shape of Marco Mattiacci - the CEO of Ferrari North America - after Stefano Domenicali resigned from the role coming into the race. He will be looking to make an instant impact, as the Scuderia's season so far has been dismal with Ferrari lying 5th in the constructors' championship. Red Bull come into the race knowing that Ricciardo's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix has been upheld. They will be hoping for a good result on the track in which Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber claimed the team's first win - and one two - in 2009.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I'm expecting another Mercedes 1, 2. They are so quick, the only reason they won't get a 1, 2 is if they have reliability issues or crash.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    Ready to watch Mercedes powered cars overtake everyone else on the straight, that's it.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Vettel's finger should get a good warmup during the race haha
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• TheBlackFlagTheBlackFlag Member New Car Smell
    A combination of Lewis' China record and the crushing performance of the Merc's should leave little room for anyone els
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Barring any mechanical issues, I expect Hamilton to take this, though Alonso or Riccardo might squeak in for P2 should Roseberg get a pour start. Vettel *might* be competitive if he doesn't have any issues, but we'll see.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I'm expecting Rosberg to take this one with his China record, though I think it'll be close.

And Maldonado. HAHAHAHAHA!!

On 5 Live, Eric Silverman said Lotus could have good pace this weekend if Maldonado doesn't destroy all the parts. What a lad!

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Maldonado is such a wally.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    Maldonado crashes in the pits haha :D

Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• Tommig1995Tommig1995 Member Pit Crew
    I really can't believe a) He turned right at T9 and b) He did a Hamilton in the pit lane. What a joker. "Best Move Ever!"
    Twitter @tommig1995

Hairpin Motosport Media - Formerly North West Rallying - Amateur motorsport media, rally orientated | Youtube | Twitter
  • Tylerrnty1Tylerrnty1 Member Unleaded
    Good job lotus, great pick! I am predicting Merc to win again, and the Merc powered cars to finish not far behind :D
    TYLERRNTY1 
    Number #16 
    F1 LEAGUE STATS - 27 Wins (AF1 S1 CHAMPION) and (VRL GP1 RUNNER UP)
    And did you hear, Maldonado said that with his collision with Gutierrez it wasn't the tyres that hit, but it was in fact the sidepod.

lolok then. Even though it is CRYSTAL CLEAR that it was the tyres. What a div. He is never wrong in any situation, is he.
  • Tylerrnty1Tylerrnty1 Member Unleaded
    He probably crashed onto something before he raced!! Probably why he is like that :P
    TYLERRNTY1 
    Number #16 
    F1 LEAGUE STATS - 27 Wins (AF1 S1 CHAMPION) and (VRL GP1 RUNNER UP)
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Rosberg lol.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    Ahahahahahahahaha Vettel. Go home, you're nothing special.
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
    Vettel said he has good pace for the race and can challenge haha
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113529 I'd like to leave this article here too.
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    Dan Ricciardo <3
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113529 I'd like to leave this article here too.
    Thumbs up for JB.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    I'd literally pay Seb some money to sign up in here Tom. ;) :P