Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

GRID 3 - GRID Autosport 2 - Wishlist

I love GRID, I enjoy GRID Autosport, GRID 2 made me agressive.
So I am here to create a topic where everyone can add and discuss their wishes for the next GRID.

- I expect GRID 3 to be a sequel to GRID 1 - not GRID 2. Return to roots of GRID 1! Return to the driving physics of GRID 1!
- I expect GRID Autosport 2 to be either like GRID Autosport with proper cockpits or a sim like DiRT Rally!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tracks:
- Nordschleife
- San Francisco ( GRID 1 )
- San Francisco - 10 Minute Stage
- Desert Raceway - 10 Minute Stage
- London City Track
- Detroit ( GRID 1 )
- Spa Francorchamps
- Monaco
- Adelaide
- Donington Park
- Silverstone
- Le Mans
- Okutama ( GRID 1 )
- Okutama Mountain ( GRID 2 )
- Cote d'Azur ( GRID 2 )
- Paris ( GRID 2 )
- Mirami ( GRID 2 )
- Milan ( GRID 1 )
- Shibuya ( GRID 1 )
- Yokohama ( GRID 1 )
- Mount Haruna ( GRID 1 )
- Yas Marina
- Detroit Derby - and more Derby Tracks

Cars:
- Porsche 911 (1967) - Porsche 930 Turbo - Porsche Carrera RS - Porsche 944 - Porsche 911 GT1 - Porsche 917 - Porsche Carrera GT
- Ferrari F50 - Ferrari Testarossa (1984) - Ferrari 550 - Ferrari 360 Modena
 - Lamborghini Miuara - Lamborghini Diablo
- Jaguar XJ220
- Aston Martin DBR9
- Chevrolet Camaro SS ( 2014 )
- Nissan GT-R
- Dodge Charger (1967) - Dodge Charger (2015)
- Ford GT90 - Ford GT40 - Ford GT
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
- Audi R8
- BMW Z4 GT3
- Bugatti Veyron
- McLarren F1 GTR

GAMEFEATURES:

- Pit-Stop (optional )

- Career Mode like in GRID 1

- Splitsceen with 12+ AI-Drivers
-> Splitscreen should also contain: TEAM-Racing like in DiRT 3, Cups, custom amount of races per cup (not limited to 5)

- Online with 12+ AI-Drivers
-> Online should also contain: COOP-CAREER ( make the career-mode of the next GRID available in Coop, fire your AI-partner and hire your friend ) TEAM-Racing like in DiRT 3, Custom-Cups, custom amount of races per cup (not limited to 5)

- LAN with 12+ AI-Drivers
-> LAN should also contain: COOP-CAREER ( make the career-mode of the next GRID available in Coop, fire your AI-partner and hire your friend ) TEAM-Racing like in DiRT 3, Custom-Cups, custom amount of races per cup (not limited to 5)

Singleplayer with no limitations. Custom-Cups, custom amount of races per cup (not limited to 5)

Any Car on any Track optional for Singleplay, Splitscreen, LAN and Online

- Livery Editor like in GRID 2 with A LOT less loading- and waiting-time
-> Livery-Editor should contain the option to disable Sponsors

That's it for me for now.

What do you guys think, what do you want for the next GRID?

Comments

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• oldmodeltoldmodelt Member Unleaded
    Operator1 said:

Thanks for the article links.  Makes me feel good knowing that I'm usually 6 mos. at least behind the buying curve.  I erred and picked up GAs too soon.  But I'm not a game company's target audience anyway.  I play games until they are really dead.  Like PGR4 & Race Pro that I picked up 4 mos. ago.
  • DarhourDarhour Member Co-Driver
    But the cars you cited require some pretty expensive licensing.
  • JackKeyJackKey Member Wheel Nut
    @Operator1 - Sorry, I didn't notice it.

@Darhour - Yes of course, but most of them are essential for my fun in racing games, some of them are nostalgia. I wish it was easier for studios to license these cars. It's sad to see some of my favourite cars only in crappy games like the recent nfs-ghost-game-garbages.
    Nevertheless I hope, that Codemasters will offer some Porsche or Ferrari in future games. I miss them.

JackKey said:
    @Operator1 - Sorry, I didn't notice it.

I wasn't trying to shut your thread down. I just linked to that old thread because you asked: "What do you guys think, what do you want for the next GRID?" ...and that old thread has some thoughts from myself & others on this subject.

#NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

The more you continue buying faulty games, the more faulty games they'll continue selling.
    How many defective games does it take before people stop believing "it'll be better next time?"
    Why are people more upset at critics than they are at the actual problems being criticized?
    Partially functional games are not worth full retail price.
    If a game is ready to sell, then it should be ready to play.

I totally agree with you Operator1. 

oldmodelt said:

The more you continue buying faulty games, the more faulty games they'll continue selling.
    How many defective games does it take before people stop believing "it'll be better next time?"
    Why are people more upset at critics than they are at the actual problems being criticized?
    Partially functional games are not worth full retail price.
    If a game is ready to sell, then it should be ready to play.

I totally agree with you Operator1. 

Heh, it's a lot of stuff to squeeze into the signature & have it automatically listed at the bottom of every post I make, but I felt like it all needed to be said.  o:)

edited September 2015

I had the chance to read all of the articles.  We would never buy another car, frig, stereo etc. from a manufacturer if this happened.  But many will line up like lemmings to get the next hot game.  More and more I'm happy that I purposely wait the 6-12 mos. until buying.  The latest fiasco I avoided was the Bone One's version of Project Cars.  Which according to my friends (who hate when I wait because I miss all the fun)  is/was basically unplayable. 

I'm always late to the party but I do miss the food poisoning that happens to those who arrive early.

• MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    add this car                                                     
    What car?

It would be nice to create a crew or something like. I always feel guilty for instant-firing my first crew-mate in GRID 1 for being so sh..., erm bad.
    So hiring few different driver you can pick for specific race modes would be cool.
  • MiatakiasGRMiatakiasGR Member Pit Crew
    lol i anytime i try to upload screens i fail , i mean Mazda mx-5 of the first generation.. the upcoming NFS game will include this car.. :D
    Glitch free gaming.........http://youtu.be/rmn12HszN8c?t=44s
    Another thing:
    - Playing with a friend in a private lobby should never ever be part of the collision rating :/ - right now I am red.
    - Liveries you create online should be available in singleplayer, too - both ways.
    - If you finish an online-cup: show the final result of the collected score. There is none.
  • crazehayes1984crazehayes1984 Member Unleaded
    JackKey, you can turn off impact ratings in settings for online cup with buddies.
    JackKey, you can turn off impact ratings in settings for online cup with buddies.
    Yeah, I know - thanks for mentioning it though. But it shouldn't be there to begin with, because there should be a clean cut between private trash parties and professional online multiplayer. If you have a friend who definetely want to be the host and doesn't know **** about this stuff it doesn't matter if you can turn it off if its on per default.

Multiplayer should be split into:
    - SplitScreen
    - LAN
    - Coop Championship
    - Private Lobbies ( maybe not only private )
    - Professional Online Racing with Impact Ratings.
    If you play with friends, players often behave differently. Sometimes we want to drive seriously sometimes we go all out doing stupid stuff.