Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Rally, Rallycross and Offroad Twitter accounts to follow

MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
Hello everyone,

(I'm not sure if here is the best forum category to post this)

In recent years Twitter allowed fans to get a much better insight into work of pro drivers, journalists, teams, game developers and TV crew in motorsport.

I thought I'd share the ones I have found worth following due to how interesting, up-to-date or funny they are.

Drivers:
Sebastian Loeb - Le Mestro. The best driver in the world. Now racing touring cars with Citroen.
Sebastian Ogier - WRC champ. Nuff said. Follow Seb.
Petter Solberg - Mr Hollywood - absolute legend. WRC champion currently one of front runners in Supercars in World RX
Mads Ostberg - sporting trendy haircuts, back on form with Citroen this year
Ken Block - love him or dislike him he's pretty good at social media and promoting his sponsors
Kris Meeke - DiRT consultant, current WRC driver and an all-round good guy, posts great photos from Citroen library. Was once beaten by at a rally game by me.
Chris Atkinson - definitely worth a follow, positive personality in WRC
Jari-Mati Latvala - the one with deep mood swings, active on social media, a must follow
Crazy Leo - a phenomenon among rally drivers on Twitter, he's only just coming into WRC (DMack Fiesta Trophy) but he's amassed an impressive following! Very positive personality, passionate about rally
Craig Breen - a down to earth rally driver currently impressing in ERC with Peugeot, if you're a Brit you must follow Craig
Pontus Tidemand - Junior WRC champion, a huge rally talent from Sweden, coming through the ranks in WRC2
David Higgins - British driver ruling rally in US, I really want to go for tuition at his rally school in Wales!
Andreas Mikkelsen - nicknamed The Handsome One by Colin Clark, and he can drive
Esapekka Lappi - some say he is faster than God, big talent from Finland, Skoda factory driver in ERC
Robert Barrable - if you're a fan of Caramel Log from Tunnocks you should follow Bob, very likable character and a please to listen with his accent
Hayden Paddon - hugely determined Kiwi driver, about to impress in WRC driving a Hyundai
Thierry Neuvile - Mr Orange Specs, one of the few potential challengers to Mr Ogier in the next couple of years
Mikko Hirvonen - providing great insight into life of a rally driver, symbol for established consistency in WRC for years
Matthew Wilson - some time ago a WRC regular, now he's the man behind development of Fiesta R5
Tom Cave - on a mission to impress in DMACK Fiesta Trophy, visited the Codies HQ to try the game out so well worth a follow!
Kajetan Kajetanowicz - nicknamed Kajto - a ray of sunshine in rally. 4-time Polish champion currently embarking on a quest to win ERC
Liam Doran - British bomb driving a rather mean looking vehicle in World RX. Consultant on DiRT games so follow Liam!
David Binks - competed in GRC alongside Marcus Gronholm, recently helping Codies develop the next DiRT game and aiming to return to Rallycross main stage

Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.

Comments

• MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited May 2014
    Journalists/Blogs/Feeds
    Autosport - home for the most reliable motorsport news
    OfficialWRC - a rather poorly ran account for the WRC, but it's still worth following
    Colin Clark - the voice of rally, stage end report at WRC Live. An absolute must to follow for best insight in WRC
    Julian Porter - a must follow! The man behind TV coverage, stage end reporting and knowing everything there is to rally
    Becs Williams - very familiar voice from WRC live, she knows everyone, she's got the WRC paddock gossip, a must follow
    George Donaldson - stage end report for WRC Live, ex-WRC Toyota team boss, excellent technical and rally weather insight!
    MAXRALLY - my favourite rally website! many fantastic writers, a good dose of humor, exclusives. MVB's stamp of highest approval.
    David Evans - one of the best if not the best rally journo, yet another must follow
    WorldRallySport - great blog following rally in US and around the world
    World-of-Rally - tweeting worthwhile rally info
    Motorsport News - up to date news from various motorsports, lots of exclusives and previews of content of Motorsport News
    FIA ERC - perhaps an example for WRC on how an official account should be ran, live tweets, links to articles, good job!
    eWRC-results - re-tweeting quite a bit so may not be to everyone's liking, but as results archive sites go there's no equal
    Andrew Coley - commentator and presenter for World RX, very passionate for rally and rallycross. Very worthwhile following!
    Rallying UK - a fantastic Twitter rally account. Structured and concise tweets covering rally around the world
    Paul Evans - Sun Online rally editor, good account to follow for extra info
    Best-of-Rallye-Live - making best rally highlights, providing useful information during rallies. Click follow please.
    Colin McMaster - a leading WRC photographer
    iRally - very good account for various rally news. They've also got a mobile app with exclusive podcasts
    World Rally Blog - great blog with unique and original write ups
    FIA World RX - a must follow if you're excited by the inaugural season of World RX!
    Rallycross360 - full of updates from the world of rallycross

I hope someone will find the above lists useful. I'll try to add more sections and if you've got some good Twitter accounts you follow please share!

Post edited by MastaVonBlasta on
  • justbigleejustbiglee Member Champion
    Awesome list @MastaVonBlasta - good work.

Just out of interest what do you guys think of the DiRT twitter account? What kind of things would you like to see it do and what don't you like about it?

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

Twitter: justbiglee

Just out of interest what do you guys think of the DiRT twitter account? What kind of things would you like to see it do and what don't you like about it?
    Thanks Lee - I'll add more in the future.

I think DiRT twitter account is ran very nicely. I enjoy the Monday pics, tbts, trivia and others.
    I think the graphics/visuals style which was introduced not so long ago is very sleek and modern.

I remember that in the past Twitter allowed someone viewing the profile to hide replies. For example if I wanted to only see announcement tweets it's a long scrolling effort. Can that 'hide replies' be enabled somehow?

I think DiRT twitter account is ran very nicely. I enjoy the Monday pics, tbts, trivia and others.
    I think the graphics/visuals style which was introduced not so long ago is very sleek and modern.

I remember that in the past Twitter allowed someone viewing the profile to hide replies. For example if I wanted to only see announcement tweets it's a long scrolling effort. Can that 'hide replies' be enabled somehow?
    You can only do it on verified accounts like the GRID and Codemasters accounts which either means you need to drop a large amount of $$$ or be a celeb. Personally I prefer having it open on the profile page, it gives people a chance to see everything DiRT is talking about and who too.

Glad you like the new visual style, it's a slightly evolved version of the one that was used on the DiRT fan Wallpapers which are based on 

*cough cough* 

Sorry excuse me, where was I? Oh yeah, the style comes from the guys on the art team and was put together by Harvey and Tom (who I don't think is on Twitter). I'll put you a list together of al the DiRTi Devs if you'd like? 

Former DiRT Community Manager, owner of the most bitchin community in the company

You can only do it on verified accounts like the GRID and Codemasters accounts which either means you need to drop a large amount of $$$ or be a celeb. Personally I prefer having it open on the profile page, it gives people a chance to see everything DiRT is talking about and who too.

Glad you like the new visual style, it's a slightly evolved version of the one that was used on the DiRT fan Wallpapers which are based on 

*cough cough* 

Sorry excuse me, where was I? Oh yeah, the style comes from the guys on the art team and was put together by Harvey and Tom (who I don't think is on Twitter). I'll put you a list together of al the DiRTi Devs if you'd like? 
    If the next game's visual style is similar to what's been appearing lately then I'll really like it :)

I was going to put together a list of DiRTi devs myself, but since you're offering it'd be great and I'm sure you'll find more than I can.

Sometimes I feel like I'm spying on private work conversations between DiRTi devs but oh well. It's all for the important gossip so I'll continue :)
    edited April 2014
    Sorry I didn't get to this at the weekend,

Here's a list of some of the DiRT dev accounts for anybody who wants to follow us. Just keep in mind that these are peoples personal accounts so don't go harassing them about the next game or getting angry at them over past ones - not that I think you would I just know how the the internet can be sometimes. Direct all that at me or the DiRT account ;)

dirtgame - The main DiRT account
    Kick_up - Paul Coleman Chief Game Designer on DiRT and DiRT Rally Team Co-driver
    JonTucker - Senior Project Manager and driver of the DiRT Rally Team Subaru
    Hatward - Game Designer on DiRT
    MrHarveyParker - Art Director on DiRT
    doc_griffiths - DiRT Lead Programmer
    alijungbe - Programmer on DiRT
    jamielowesdevs - Programmer who is surprisingly youthful looking considering he worked on the original Colin McRae Rally games
    justbiglee - That's me, Community Manager at Codemasters mostly working on DiRT

I'll keep this list updated as more crop up and if you want one nice easy way of following any of the above I've added them all to twitter lists on the DiRT account here 
    Post edited by justbiglee on

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion

Great work @MastaVonBlasta!

I would highly recommend ERC24 (http://erc24.com/) for that list, by far the best rallycross news website/Facebook of the lot.  

Most of the content on Rallycross360 is copy/pasted from other rallycross websites and there are often mistakes in their Facebook stream: its generally the last rallycross website I look at! 

Rallycross World (http://www.rallycrossworld.com/) isn't updated as regularly, but has some good articles on it. Rallycross Online (http://rallycross.com/) is excellent for results and quickly checking Championship standings.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    I can highly recommend @Rallycameraman‌ >:D< I've even got Mikko Hirvonen following me!
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/