Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally - Flying Finland Update

It’s time for version 0.8 and we are returning to our rally roots with the mighty Flying Finland pack. We’ve added 12 new stages from Finland, the world’s fastest rally and two iconic cars driven by our local heroes from one of the greatest battles in rally championship history. 

Add to this a new game mode and loads of fixes and features and this pack is almost as big as those Finnish jumps and crests.

Oh, and did we mention mouse support for the menus? You did want that right...?

So here is what’s new:

• 12 new rally stages near Jämsä, Finland
  • All new 2000s vehicle class
  • 2 new cars - Subaru Impreza 2001 and Ford Focus RS Rally 2001
  • Custom Championships – You can now tweak the number of events, stages and AI difficulty. This will mean that you can set up an event that suits the amount of time you have available and get rewarded accordingly.
  • Mouse Support! – Yep you asked for it so here it is. It’s still a work in progress so please give us your feedback on how we can improve it.
  • We’ve reworked the handling on our 60s, 70s, 80s RWD and 2010s classes – these changes have seen improvements to the way we model suspension and tyres, along with engine and aero rework they really make the cars feel a lot more dynamic to drive.
  • We’ve updated the engine audio for the 1995 Subaru Impreza in the Group A class. We’d like to say a massive thank you to Ryan Champion for letting us use his awesome car for the recording!
  • We’ve wrapped our replays so you can rewind from the start of a replay to watch the final section of your run much faster than you could before.
  • We’ve added a new ‘Invite Friends’ option in the lobby to make it easier for you to get the people you want into your PVP races.

Here’s what we’ve fixed:

• The audio FX levels for the surfaces and kick up have been brought back so that you can hear all that gravely goodness.
  • We sent our Rallycross AI drivers to the opticians so that they can now see when they need to avoid other cars when they are approaching the joker entrance.
  • Now that they can see better they are also setting faster laps.
  • We’ve fixed the camera clipping in certain camera angles when you changed the Field of View.
  • We’ve made some Hyper threading fixes that should now prevent those annoying stuttering issues that some of you were having.
  • We’ve stopped the Engineer contract lengths and costs from being affected when competing in league events.
  • Toggling Push to Talk or enabling/disabling voice communications through the pause menu is now actually working.
  • The Reset Timer has now been increased to 15 seconds when attempting to get back on track. I know we said that before but this time it is actually in.
  • Cars will no longer roll over on the start in PVP races, ROFL.
  • We’ve made sure that the cars are visible on the start line even when collisions are turned off in PVP – they will still ghost during the race though.
  • Your PVP opponents won’t be showboating and driving around with the handbrake on anymore.
  • The gear setup will no longer be changing between stages without a service area.
  • We’ve fixed those odd camera angles that were being used in spectate mode. 
  • The miles driven using owned vehicles in PVP now accrue towards unlocking upgrades for that vehicle.
  • When viewing a replay using an interior camera, the speedometers now show the correct speed for all vehicles.
  • We’ve fixed a whole host of other stuff too but they were too boring to call out in this list.

Be sure to let us know how we’re doing, or just stop the forums by to say hello.

Stay mid over BIG jump!

The DiRT Team

<3 

Dnote
Twitter - @Dnote_CM

Comments

• RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    Well, time to get on with the PvP achievements and getting that Martini livery for the Focus :D Shame there's no third car after all.

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • AssiemodisAssiemodis Member Unleaded
    edited September 2015
    Booting up finland now.
    Time to make finland unsafe.  :D
    ....................................................................................................
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
    WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
  • RookieOneRookieOne Member Pit Crew
    • We’ve fixed a whole host of other stuff too but they were too boring to call out in this list.

I want to know that one
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    I am very happy now. Thank you very much Codemasters

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    Outstanding! Out-****-standing! 

• Body is 5 characters too short.

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• warpengagewarpengage Member Race Engineer
    6 left 100 over crest, big jump, V1, rotate, positive rate of climb, gear up...
  • OzoreXSOzoreXS Member Race Steward
    edited September 2015

bad news is I cant get home till 6:00pm xD

RAM: G.Skill TridentX 2400 16GB || CHASSIS: Cooler Master Silencio 650 Pure || CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K 4,8Ghz || GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce OC 4GB || PSU :Cooler Master G750M 750W || MOBO: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer || CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M || SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB || HDD: ...many || Wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT

>>"SEÑOR OZORES" on Steam!<<
  • GroupBFanaticGroupBFanatic Member Wheel Nut
    Great News guys! , finally its here !!  cant wait for testing FINLAND.  YEEEHHHAAA :D
  • ValterFMValterFM Member New Car Smell
    When you gonna put real time multiplayer mode on normal rally stages with ghost cars?? or not...
  • ValterFMValterFM Member New Car Smell
    Its gonna be possible? this mode..........

• Klogg4Klogg4 Member New Car Smell
    Codies I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU
  • ernie2492ernie2492 Member New Car Smell
    I hate to say this, but after watching the video, I think you have a wrong interior for the Impreza (that's 1999-2000 interior). But otherwise, thanks for the update.
  • LedanekLedanek Member Unleaded

Finally

Body is 40 characters too short. 
    I was doing the same when I saw someone posted the update on Facebook.
    Jumped in as soon as update was complete....without any warm up, jumped into Kakaristo and was blown away despite number of trees and other aesthetics how little stuttering on my aging rig.  Wish my experience with Germany was the same.

My heart was pounding all the way.
    With little info how long this stage was, it was hard to anticipate when it will end, give the navigator 100% of my concentration and just have a blast! Sans one spectator kill and "vicious attack" by a lone tree, it was simply breathtaking.

High Five to everyone in the Team.

Win7Pro 64-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro / Intel C2D E8400 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ MSI R7870 AMD 14.501.1003.0/16GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 / CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 / Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ Logitech G27
  • Ha3aPHa3aP Member Unleaded
    Only EXTERNAL cameras pls!!!
  • diegosantos69diegosantos69 Member New Car Smell
    Yeah this is really amazing! I live in Jämsä, so it's nice to drive these roads i know :smiley: brings back good memories!
    BIG THUMBS UP!
    Nothing bad to say about the update, well done! Finnish roads, tough as always!
    Up in the ass of Timo
  • boganibogani Member Champion
    Yeah this is really amazing! I live in Jämsä, so it's nice to drive these roads i know :smiley: brings back good memories!
    BIG THUMBS UP!
    Nothing bad to say about the update, well done! Finnish roads, tough as always!
    What do you think of the design? Some Finns on another forum think the color palette is way off. They don't think the stage layout is that close to reality either. 

"I had the biggest moose problem in my whole life I think"

"Was it on the side of the road?"

"Huh?"

"The moose"

"The mousse in the tire"

• dwkGraveydwkGravey Member Race Engineer
    edited September 2015
    Woo, stage distances and elevations coming! I've been (slowly) working on elevation maps for all DR's stages (with distances and laid over Google Maps screenshots and all that jazz), but it looks like I can shelve that (laborious) project. I'll keep my Google Docs spreadsheet around though. :)
  • TuliRallyTuliRally Member Wheel Nut
    Great update guys!

Already recognized places and sections from Ouninpohja. 
    Other thing that was great was how good Wales felt with 131 and Fiesta WRC.. oh man and you really can feel the difference now between those cars. I already loved Wales stages, but now i'm in love (it is a love triangle with me being love With Finland also) Cant wait to test greece. Monte felt guide good after amping ffb up a little bit.
  • Klogg4Klogg4 Member New Car Smell
    I tried Finn tracks in Ford Focus, and it felt like RBR with better graphics, sounds and pacenotes, and with a bit more grip, which is good. Great job!