Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt Series Remastered for Next Gen Consoles

It would be cool if the entire Dirt series is remade just for PlayStation 4 and XBOX One consoles (updating graphics).  What do you think?

Comments

• Avenga76Avenga76 Member Wheel Nut
    It would be cool if the entire Dirt series is remade just for PlayStation 4 and XBOX One consoles (updating graphics).  What do you think?

I would want them to do it for PC also since PC's are way more powerful than the consoles.

• MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal

Maybe in a distant future. I reckon the guys at Codemasters feel the resources are best spend creating the next game, which from we've heard so far has the potential to be rather awesome.

I guess it depends how much effort it would be to remaster. Then again on PC there's no issue with playing DiRT games in full HD or higher. 

Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.

I guess it depends how much effort it would be to remaster. Then again on PC there's no issue with playing DiRT games in full HD or higher. 

Yeah, I play Dirt 2 & 3 at 5898x1080p on my triple monitors at around 90 fps. Still looks pretty sweet. On the console it is only 720p 30 FPS upscaled to 1080p so it is pretty bad on console.

• eyeball002eyeball002 Member New Car Smell
    I think DiRT series still looks quite alright, but it's just my opinion. I'd much rather see new DiRT game than just remastered version of existing games.
  • DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    edited August 2014
    all we need is a proper DiRT rally game!
    please quit claiming for remastering the older titles! 
    Darhour said:
    all we need is a proper DiRT rally game!
    please quit claiming for remastering the older titles! 

Yup, The old ones are still very playable and don't need a remake yet.

• dotmartindotmartin Member Wheel Nut
    I'd go with you guys, don't spend too much time developing remakes. Nostalgia for old video games is great and my memories of the old titles are awesome, but lets keep them that way, shrouded in the romantic glimmer of past times. 

By all means, use the locations or parts of the stages or whatever, but do a proper re-creation and not some remake with more motion blur to cover up the spots. 

But that's my two cents!
    We had to stop because there came some stone through Timo's seat. Up in the --- of Timo!