Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Micro Machines is back!

MULTIPLAYER COMBAT RACER BLASTS ITS WAY TO MOBILE & TABLET THIS YEAR

Leading mobile games publisher, Chillingo, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts Inc., today announced its continued partnership with renowned developer and publisher, Codemasters to bring legendary top-down racing game, Micro Machines to mobile devices worldwide later this year. Based on the iconic toy vehicles from Hasbro, Micro Machines games have been thrilling fans for nearly 25 years

“The Micro Machines brand immediately evokes excitement and nostalgia with so many people around the world,” explains Ed Rumley, General Manager, Chillingo. “The original Micro Machines game from the 90’s pioneered the multiplayer, competitive experience and we can’t wait to resurrect those same thrills on today’s mobile devices.”

“Working with Chillingo has been extremely beneficial in developing this much loved game,” states Chris Gray, Executive Producer, Codemasters. “Our teams are collaborating closely to ensure Micro Machines returns as the definitive multiplayer combat racing game, with more games modes and ways of playing to gain new fans around the world.”

Micro Machines will be available later this year on the App Store.  Visit Facebook to learn more about the game.

Dnote
Twitter - @Dnote_CM

Comments

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Co-Driver
    So, is this sort-of the same as Toybox Turbos, but with the official Micro Machines license back in place, for mobiles?
  • SteviePukSteviePuk Member New Car Smell
    will this game make it to steam on the PC?
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Co-Driver
    It is on Steam, as Toybox Turbos I think ;-)
  • JawessomeJawessome Member New Car Smell
    Why is there no sub forum for this game? It is SO much fun!
  • murderror23murderror23 Member New Car Smell
    i remember playing this on the NES back in the day!
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited July 2016
    New trailer released today, game's out for iOS on July 14th:

Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • DriftCMDriftCM Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin
    Check out the web site here:
    http://www.micromachinesgame.com

• DeviantVinsterDeviantVinster Member New Car Smell
    HEY RACE MANIACS...

are you pulling in more than 20,000 club points a week but your club isn't getting anywhere?

Deviant are looking for team players and destroying our league each and every week..

we're a friendly club with a lively chat and like minded race addicts

so message me here or apply in app
  • premier55premier55 Member New Car Smell
    This game has got gradually worse lately. iPhone 6 had zero problems playing but on iPhone 7  it is a nightmare. Lagging constantly. Crashing out of app. Goals not popping up when they should. Hitting people and getting no points. Dying for no reason. Come on codemasters, sort it. Oh wait, I see EA are involved. Never mind. They hate all gamers and care only about lining the pockets of shareholders. 
  • Darius84Darius84 Member New Car Smell
    Why are you doing the job of Developers? You're clearly uncapable of it: this game run like ****, bug, crash, glitch and a matchmaking system that's clearly conceived by some tard 8years old kid.
    Drop this franchise to someone with brain and hands and go farm potatoes: at least you won't do any harm there.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    On the other hand, it still works just fine for me.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • DaifucoDaifuco Member New Car Smell
    Micromachines would be such a great title for the Switch!!! Sorry about the port begging but I think it should at least be considered. 
  • madottermadotter Member New Car Smell
    OMG MY MEGADRIVE MEMORIES ARE COMING BACK!!!!
  • HermanovicHermanovic Member New Car Smell
    My achievements are not updating!!! I have collected 50 banners but stays on 49!