Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

GULF Air Bahrain GP - 2014

KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
edited April 2014 in World of Motorsport

Staged in the desert somewhere there will be a race with loads of fast cars, Chris and Matt will be delighted by my quick thinking..

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I am very pleased indeed!

So what do you reckon will happen this weekend, in the first night race of the season :O

I'm expecting another Mercedes win. Not sure who, but it will be a Merc I'm sure.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    Yeah, the Mercedes will dominate the season, maybe Red Bull can pull something back in the late Asian races. Just cheering on Bottas, normally makes things interesting cutting through the field.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Red Bull always seem to come really good at the end of the season with the Asian races. I don't know why, they always seem to up their game when everyone else seems to calm it down.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • Ron666Ron666 Member Wheel Nut
    Don't take anything away from Red Bull yet, there is still over 15 races to go and there's always time to turn the tables. About the race itself, I think Mercedes will win. 
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Red Bull always seem to come really good at the end of the season with the Asian races. I don't know why, they always seem to up their game when everyone else seems to calm it down.
    A combination of having the most resources (most significant when it comes to in-season development), and factors such as Newey getting his head around the EBDs (2012) and one-off changes in regulations (tyres, 2013).
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I think it'll be a Vettel win with one Mercedes on the podium. I think Hulkenberg will get 3rd.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• Chadwick8505Chadwick8505 Member Wheel Nut
    Merc will probably win. I'm hoping Ferrari are able to fight up front. Red Bull of course will be strong but maybe more reliability niggles?
  • OctobossOctoboss Member Codemasters Employee
    fIsince08 said:
    I think it'll be a Vettel win with one Mercedes on the podium. I think Hulkenberg will get 3rd.
    Crazy-talk.

Mercedes one-two again, Vettel likely third.
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    I'm surprised at how late a lot of you guys think Red Bull will catch up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them winning in Spain or Monaco.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • blackMamba99blackMamba99 Member New Car Smell
    I don't think its Red Bull that need to catch up its Renault and that could take a long time. I think there is pace in the Ferrari you can see in small bursts that they have the pace but again I think there engine is not as good as the Mercedes and the engine will play a massive part this year compared to the last decade where it was the aerodynamics. once the engines are developed to an almost equal measure then the downforce will again play the major role. Once they have more races we will have a better idea about who is extracting the most out of their package.
    trolled everyday by REVOLVINGPRAWN/GOLDENCOLT/PETETHEDUCK/MIKE96/IMRITEURRONG74
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    I think Hamilton will still be the class of the field. Not enough time has passed for Red Bull to make any significant changes, IMO.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • breezyskells22breezyskells22 Member Unleaded
    i agree with syngamer as this race is the 2nd part of a back to back race weekends. 
    @SynGamer Yeah, the European season will be where the major changes come.
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    I should correct my earlier post and say Mercedes will be the class of the field for a few more races, IMO.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    I'm expecting a good battle between RB and Merc in the 2nd half of the season. Ferrari and McLaren can play huge parts in the season too if they start to shape up (also expecting a good battle between them throughout the season). Lotus is a laughing stock, and Hulk and Ricciardo look speedy. 
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

I'm not too bothered about Lotus, they dumped talent for money, social media was harsh to slower teams on Twitter, great to see them at the back.
    I'm not too bothered about Lotus... social media was harsh to slower teams on Twitter
    Where did you get that from? They're generally a pretty candid team, and often make fun of themselves too.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
    Their social media guy got fired anyway I think. 
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    I'm not surprised at how late a lot of you guys think Red Bull will catch up. I wouldn't be surprised to see them whining in Spain or Monaco about it.
    That's how I read your post SA ;)
    edited April 2014
    Their social media guy got fired anyway I think. 
    I loved their PR guy :(

The link in your signature doesn't seem to work, by the way.