Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Rally in real time (like PVP in rallycross), not leagues, events etc.

At a time when online gaming is at the top, you offer rally game with only offline option (leagues, events, etc.). It seems to me that a lot of people will be disappointed as I am.

Despite the fact that WRC5 I like less, I play it often with friends because that game have an option online (in real time).

What is your opinion? Codemasters? Players?

Comments

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    Leagues and Events are online                                           
  • amigoPLamigoPL Member New Car Smell
    seriously? only results it's online, NOT A GAME...

• atonium83atonium83 Member New Car Smell
    Yeah, I agree with you, the more realistic it's a MP mode where players start eveyr 1 or 2 minutes like in real, but for this, we need longer stages... 
    dirt rally has enough long stages, start every 15-30 seconds it's be ok or start at the same time with ghost car is very good solution

• OzoreXSOzoreXS Member Race Steward
    edited November 2015
    This is the 1.000.0000XXX comment about this:

Dirt Rally cant manage more than 1 car in rally mode due technical limitations of the EGO engine.

(RX mode is different, cars are modeled in a simplier way and track are lower level detailed and shorter)
    RAM: G.Skill TridentX 2400 16GB || CHASSIS: Cooler Master Silencio 650 Pure || CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K 4,8Ghz || GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce OC 4GB || PSU :Cooler Master G750M 750W || MOBO: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer || CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M || SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB || HDD: ...many || Wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT

>>"SEÑOR OZORES" on Steam!<<
    yeah, sure... NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

where is that official info OzoreXS ?

it's sounds like a joke
  • OzoreXSOzoreXS Member Race Steward
    like everywhere

But you need to take the hassle of read the most active threads in the forum.

Absolute no joke :neutral: 
    RAM: G.Skill TridentX 2400 16GB || CHASSIS: Cooler Master Silencio 650 Pure || CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K 4,8Ghz || GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 WindForce OC 4GB || PSU :Cooler Master G750M 750W || MOBO: Asus Z97 Pro Gamer || CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M || SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB || HDD: ...many || Wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT

>>"SEÑOR OZORES" on Steam!<<
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    edited November 2015
    amigoPL said:

it's sounds like a joke
    If you paid attention to the dev process then you'd know that the stages weren't designed to hold more than one car on them. 

If you don't know how to code, or how difficult (infuriating) coding can be (especially when you have more important targets), then I wouldn't bother debating about this subject :] 

With the details on these stages, you can't just click your fingers and implement some easy work-around. 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    edited November 2015
    amigoPL said:

it's sounds like a joke
    Do you speak English?

They say it during this weeks show

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

At which moment he talks about it? I don't speak English, but understand a bit
    I'm just thinking... Battlefield 4 works with 64 players, vehicles, tanks, aircrafts.... if you know what i'm talking about....

I know how to code, I'm an IT worker and I know: NOTHING IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    It is if your game engine is already maxed out.
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    amigoPL said:
    I know how to code, I'm an IT worker and I know: NOTHING IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.
    You are forgetting the last part of that saying. "Nothing is impossible with enough time and money." :smile: 
  • franklyshanklyfranklyshankly Member Unleaded
    How do you imagine that? 20-50 players at the same place in the same time? 

enamel possible that's a point...
    franklyshankly seriously?!? mayby like Colin McRae: Dirt 2/3?! (older/this same engine) or better like WRC4?

• franklyshanklyfranklyshankly Member Unleaded
    amigoPL said:
    enamel possible that's a point...
    franklyshankly seriously?!? mayby like Colin McRae: Dirt 2/3?! (older/this same engine) or better like WRC4?

Tell me how do you imagine 20-50 peoples on server with ECO engine. Dirt 3? Up to 8 peoples for an RALLY event? Really?

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    go easy on him. rally mp is what many want,me included. doesn't mean people don't like the game but playing with friends is fun.

competing staggered starts would change what is good game into a legendary game.
    franklyshankly who tell you 50 peopels meeeeeeeeeen? You don't understend what i'm saying...! For me, max 8 players on the stage it's all I want :) I want play with my firends, not with all players.
  • ProcverProcver Member Wheel Nut
    It is already stated that it's too complex for the game engine with the rally cars, even if it only two cars. 
    The only way I see it possible would be real time time-attacks, no other cars, no ghosts or nothing of sorts.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    I cant believe this is still going................................................
  • maimusmaimus Member New Car Smell
    I like the idea of a true MP rally with stagared starts, it would add to the experience. 

It could be friends only or maybe even matchmaking with a ajustable limit of howmany can Join for matchmaking. 

I know it could be tecanacally chalaging to do but something that could be looked at/added to a whish list for development later down the line. 

P.s. OP I feel this sugestion belongs here: http://forums.codemasters.com/categories/suggestion-box
    Today is going to be AWESOME! Why? Why not!!!
    Steam | T500RS | PC specs to follow soon |