Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

[PC] Corrupt Save File

QuozPowaQuozPowa Member New Car Smell

Hi Codemasters,

I played on GRID Autosport (on PC/Steam). My game is updated and I still have a problem with my savegame. The game says my savegame is corrupted. I tried to desactivate the Steam Cloud and play offline but it changed nothing.

I would like to get back my online progress ! I feel conned.

Thanks.

Comments

• likewiselikewise Member Pit Crew

Contact everyone you can (Sony/MS/Steam) to let them know about your dis-satisfaction.... it's worthless complaining to CM as they don't care...

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/39706/#Comment_39706

Aug. 14, 2014:

Loore said:

Update on the console patches.

Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one, we would have fixed one thing only for another to take its place. Despite the PlayStation patch passing we've also pulled it from submission due to the bug also being present in it.

We are currently in the process of creating a fix for this issue and the patches will once again go back into submission later today / tomorrow. We expect these patches to speed through the early stages of submission and pick up where they left off, as a result we're expecting them to go live by the end of next week.

Appreciate this isn't the news you want to see, and it's not the news you deserve to read, for that I can only apologise. Given the nature of the issues that were found the last thing we want to do was make matters worse. The issue at hand was incredibly difficult to spot (hence why neither us or Sony saw it) but we have no option other than to fix it.

This fix will also go into an upcoming PC patch which is currently being tested by our own QA team and will be released as soon as it has passed all internal checks.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• QuozPowaQuozPowa Member New Car Smell
    My save file is still corrupted today... Thanks Codemasters. I had to start the game at new.