Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Stuff Thread

Comments

• fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator

Hughesy said:

Lib Dems heart land was Yeovil, but Conservatives won it in the last election. Will be interesting to see what happens, I could never vote for the blues, but the leader here is a nice guy and will always take time to answer questions/issues from people on Twitter 

He's an MP, that's his job :P 
    I'll feel bad not voting for our Labour candidate as he has done a lot, but I cannot vote for Corybn and absolutely want us to go down the soft Brexit path, so don't have much choice.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I fully expect I'll be voting for the Conservatives.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Just because he's an MP doesn't mean he/she will take time to respond. When the lib Dems were in charge I never got any responses to my questions. 

Hughesy said:

Just because he's an MP doesn't mean he/she will take time to respond. When the lib Dems were in charge I never got any responses to my questions. 

That's a shame. Kevan Jones came to my school in the build up to the EU referendum and took time to talk to a group of us/answer questions.

#RIPJules

• AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    edited April 19
    I would have voted tory in 2015 (Lib Dems were down and out, I don't like Ed Miliband, UKIP lol), but after the last couple of years I've really learnt what utter, utter scumbags they are. Especially on their stance when it comes to selling arms to Saudi Arabia. I mean they were all for a British company selling Nerve Gas to Syria as well. I refuse to vote for a government that is going to gas kids once we leave the EU, which is all that is stopping us being the no.1 dealer to tinpot dictators and Arab warlords, it seems.

Not to mention the personal record of Theresa May, who I detest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the conservatives also not too keen on Renewable Energy? Or at least not as keen as they should be? It might be to do with tidal power what I am thinking of. That is a big one. And then you look at their stance on the NHS, and the mentally ill. Heck, add the disabled to that as well. And the poor.

But now there is a Lib Dem party, which although is not perfect by any means, agrees with a lot of my views. I don't know how much I like Tim Farron but the policies are something I can get behind for the most part, mainly on their Brexit ones. 

You know what really sucks though, my local MP is pretty much nailed on to be a tory. It pains me to see how much of Norfolk (And England at large really) is painted blue :/

| 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• Juice29Juice29 Member Wheel Nut
    The motion to have an early election on the 8th of June has passed in the commons 533 to 13

#TeamLH

The Lib Dems are the only party I feel as though I can vote for at the moment. I will never vote Conservative, they destroyed the north of England, they're for the rich and have abhorrent records on human rights, the NHS, the disabled and the poor. And the hard brexit Thatcher reincarnate seems determined to take us down will destroy the country.

Corbyn hasn't got a clue how to run a party, never mind the country and there's no way I could trust John McDonnell as chancellor. And he's as inspiring as a potato, has views that are straight out of the 50s and did absolutely nothing to oppose hard brexit.

I guess it has to be the Lib Dems then!

#RIPJules

• MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    edited April 20
    Westminster doesn't give a damn about Northern Ireland so I don't have that much reason to vote in this election other than for the craic and slabber to Sinn Fein voters at the polling stations.

I will say though that the idea that Lib Dems are a strong opposition to the Tories is absolutely laughable. Might as well be voting the Blairites back in again, and we all know how "great" Blair was. There's a lot wrong with the world. Voting people cut from same the neo-liberal (read; Farron and May) or same the right-wing populist/fascist cloth (read: Trump and Farage) is not going to change that.

As long as people vote anyway, I suppose. I firmly believe anyone who doesn't vote is scum of the earth.

Edit: Funny story about Miliband actually, he came into my school a couple of years ago and we got to interview him as media students. Was snubbed for a handshake and had the look on his face like a horse being told he's no good.

Got to shake his hand. Got to wash mine too.
    I finish uni for the year in just under a month's time, and I've got 4 months of holiday to kill.

Sooooo, do any of you have any good TV shows you can recommend? Anything on Netflix / Amazon Prime, let me know.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

MBKF1 said:

I finish uni for the year in just under a month's time, and I've got 4 months of holiday to kill.

Sooooo, do any of you have any good TV shows you can recommend? Anything on Netflix / Amazon Prime, let me know.

Have you been watching Gotham? I'd really recommend it if you haven't, it's the backstory of Bruce Wayne becoming Batman but slightly differs from the comics to make better TV.

#RIPJules

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion

MBKF1 said:

Take a look at House of Cards. It's a bit of a slow starter, but by the end of series 1 you'll be hooked. And Kevin Spacey is amazing as the bad guy that you actually want to win :p
    Yeeeesss, House of Cards is at the top of my list at the moment! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion

MBKF1 said:

Yeeeesss, House of Cards is at the top of my list at the moment! Thanks for the suggestions!

Also have you watched Stranger Things? If not that should be at the top of your list :p And Better Call Saul is a good one too. It's more light-hearted than Breaking Bad was but that's not a bad thing!
    The new new Top Gear was going so well until twice in one episode Eddie Jordan appeared... 
  • Juice29Juice29 Member Wheel Nut
    SsayangYacht :joy: ........................   

#TeamLH

Random funny video to forget it's Monday 

(warning, may contain bad words, so if you're under 12 hold your hands over your ears) lol

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward
    What a geezer :lol:                                             
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Once when I was walking my dog, a car drove past and there was an actual Monkey running about in the back seats. Not joking, I wasn't on any drugs that day, I couldn't stop laughing. 
    I guess this is why Theresa May is going to chicken out of TV debates:

#RIPJules

edited April 25
    All she really wants to do is steal all the puppies to make a nice coat. 

Bloody tourists, coming over here and spending money at tourist destinations, how dare they!