Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Stuff Thread

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    As Dave said, Jeremy Corbyn's attitude towards Brexit is really unsettling. Like it or not, Brexit is without a doubt the number 1 issue facing the country right now, and all he's said about it so far is that they need a 'good deal' from it. He hasn't spoken about it any more than that, and as you could see from the video, he couldn't answer her question at all. He's said nothing about the deficit (because he'd wreck our economy with higher taxes and more debt, as Labour historically do), and he's said nothing about controlling immigration, again, a huge concern right now. No way am I voting for him.

While I wholeheartedly disagree with Tim Farron's vision of holding a 2nd referendum on Brexit (he has made this clear, see link below), at least the dude has made his point clear. I just think it's funny that the leader of the so called Liberal Democrats is unwilling to accept the result of a democratic referendum... hmmmm. But whatever, if that's what the people decide then so be it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/liberal-democrats-tim-farron-second-brexit-referendum-reverse-general-election-maifesto-theresa-may-a7699256.html

Theresa May has also made it very clear with her policy towards Brexit, and I know people take the **** out of her for saying 'strong and stable' all the time, but that is EXACTLY what she needs to do. It's memorable and clear. At the moment, in my view, May is absolutely in the strongest position.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    The only thing strong and stable about May is her and her friends bank accounts... 
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    edited May 11
    Corbyn is actually starting to sway me towards him. His EU policy is sensible and I agree with renationalising railways etc, I just don't like him as a person or leader and Dianne Abbott will be worse as home secretary than May and Rudd.

The Lib Dems single market/FMOP policy is also very persuading though. Over to you Farron!

@RevolvingPrawn Didn't you vote leave because of the E cig regulations? Because staying in the single market would keep them.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion

fIsince08 said:

Corbyn is actually starting to sway me towards him. His EU policy is sensible and I agree with renationalising railways etc, I just don't like him as a person or leader and Dianne Abbott will be worse as home secretary than May and Rudd.

The Lib Dems single market/FMOP policy is also very persuading though. Over to you Farron!

@RevolvingPrawn Didn't you vote leave because of the E cig regulations? Because staying in the single market would keep them.

Seriously?

If that's true then my only options are UKIP or not voting at all. I'd probably not vote at all rather than UKIP I think.

fIsince08 said:

Seriously?

If that's true then my only options are UKIP or not voting at all. I'd probably not vote at all rather than UKIP I think.

I'm fairly sure it would. Being part of the single market means we follow all of the same trading rules and keep fmop like we have now. The whole point of the single market means we all have the same rules.

What it would allow is e cig manufacturers to produce and trade the big bottles within the UK, provided the government actually repeal the rule once we've left. I guess whether we get them in the UK or not depends on if the companies producing them think it is worthwhile just for one country and I can't answer that.

#RIPJules

Theresa May was in South Shields today (kinda half way between Sunderland and Newcastle, also where Sir Frank Williams was born!). She visited a factory where outside of the front door were loads of anti May banners. They took her in the back door so that she could give her speech without meeting the real electorate.

Coward.

#RIPJules

Yep and the other day she was talking to people, one person had a pen in their hand. She asked if they were a journalist, then refused to answer that person. Strong and stable my arse.... 
    edited May 12
    Watch this whole video with the sound on, it's brilliant :joy:

Strong and stable government, with a well funded NHS, oh wait..... 

• Juice29Juice29 Member Wheel Nut
    I finally got Reddit, and it has been one of the best things I have done in a while

#TeamLH

And the award for the least self-aware tweet of 2017 goes to.... 

Hughesy said:

And the award for the least self-aware tweet of 2017 goes to.... 

Their manifesto is bloody terrifying! I'm dreading the result of the election!

#RIPJules

Indeed, sadly it's going to happen, if Conservatives don't win it would be a bigger shock than Trump becoming president. The fact that May was on ITV news talking about why fox hunting should be legal when she pretends to be the leader of "the working class" party says it all... 

The only hope Tories get taken out is if the other parties get enough votes to form a Coalition, I just can't see Labour getting enough votes. My main worry is what Conservatives are doing and will do to disabled people, but there's plenty of other stuff to worry about.  :(

Hughesy said:

Indeed, sadly it's going to happen, if Conservatives don't win it would be a bigger shock than Trump becoming president. The fact that May was on ITV news talking about why fox hunting should be legal when she pretends to be the leader of "the working class" party says it all... 

The only hope Tories get taken out is if the other parties get enough votes to form a Coalition, I just can't see Labour getting enough votes. My main worry is what Conservatives are doing and will do to disabled people, but there's plenty of other stuff to worry about.  :(

I work with disabled people so I worry too, but Brexit is my biggest worry for two reasons. One is that I have made loads of friends from EU countries and some are genuinely worried about whether or not they'll actually be able to finish their degrees.

The other is that as an engineer, the EU provides loads of funding for engineering projects and without the ability to move freely Britain will not only lose new investment, but British engineers will miss out on working on projects abroad.

#RIPJules

****, next week is gonna be a busy one for me. I have job interviews on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... I can see it being a very stressful week.
    edited May 19
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Race Steward

****, next week is gonna be a busy one for me. I have job interviews on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... I can see it being a very stressful week.

Good luck man, one interview on its own is stressful enough for me haha
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    A hahaha she's falling apart, strong and stable, so strong and stable she can't give answers to questions. Christ even Labour have given costings to how they will fund it

Hughesy said:

A hahaha she's falling apart, strong and stable, so strong and stable she can't give answers to questions. Christ even Labour have given costings to how they will fund it

#RIPJules

Lukedfrt said:

Good luck man, one interview on its own is stressful enough for me haha

Cheers buddy, but I'm cancelling the third interview now because the one I interviewed for this morning has just been offered to me! So damn chuffed, got a job I think I'm gonna really enjoy :)