Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Stuff Thread

1345346348350351354

Comments

  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    RIP Doctor Who

    1963-1989-1996-2005-2017  

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    I had my money on Olivia Colman, she would have been good.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    fIsince08 said:
    RIP Doctor Who

    1963-1989-1996-2005-2017  
    Bit of an overreaction. The Dr changes to different people all the time, so changing sex isn't really a big deal. I don't watch it, but I'm enjoying the reaction on Twitter.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Hughesy said:
    fIsince08 said:
    RIP Doctor Who

    1963-1989-1996-2005-2017  
    Bit of an overreaction. The Dr changes to different people all the time, so changing sex isn't really a big deal. I don't watch it, but I'm enjoying the reaction on Twitter.
    IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    edited July 16
    fIsince08 said:
    IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
    Very big difference between Doctor Who and James Bond. And how on earth does this have anything to do with political correctness? People need to stop throwing that phrase around, it doesn't mean anything anymore.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited July 16
    Mexicola said:
    fIsince08 said:
    IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
    Very big difference between Doctor Who and James Bond. And how on earth does this have anything to do with political correctness? People need to stop throwing that phrase around, it doesn't mean anything anymore.
    Exactly. James Bond is the same character, just with different people playing him. Doctor Who is a character that morphs into different people, big difference. I'm not sure either what it has to do with political correctness, have you been reading The Daily Mail a lot later Chris?  ;)

    Onto something more exciting, did you know there's a lightbulb that has been lit since 1901, it's the old style bulb (obviously) which lasted like 5 minutes when I used them in my house.....
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    edited July 16
    fIsince08 said:
    IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
    Did you just assume their gender?! :open_mouth:
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    MBKF1 said:
    fIsince08 said:
    IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
    Did you just assume their gender?! :open_mouth:
    Nope, described in show as "lady version" :p 

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Got the long drive down to Silverstone today for Formula Student! Been working on the car since October so I can't wait to finally get the result of our work!

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Awesome, have a fun day mate!                
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Hughesy said:
    Awesome, have a fun day mate!                
    Day? I'm going for a week :p 

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Well have a awesome week then :p.             
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Nice one man, I would've genuinely come along as Silverstone is quite near me, but I'm going on holiday! Have fun. 
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    MBKF1 said:
    Nice one man, I would've genuinely come along as Silverstone is quite near me, but I'm going on holiday! Have fun. 
    Aw man that's a shame, I think you've chosen a good time to go though as the forecast is thunder storms

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    @fIsince08 I see Mercedes are visiting, I bet Hamilton didn't show up though :joy:


  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    edited July 19
    Hughesy said:
    @fIsince08 I see Mercedes are visiting, I bet Hamilton didn't show up though :joy:


    It's been amazing, Merc had a show car here and gave me a business card for placements next year and James Allison and Andrew Shovlin have been doing the rounds, gutted I didn't get to talk to them!

    Turns out Lance Stroll has also been testing the Williams today, they also had a show car.

    EDIT: It was a bit weird with James Allison, I did a double take and he noticed so it was just sort of a knowing smile between the two of us.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Can't believe the singer Chester Bennington from Linkin Park has killed himself, loved that band back in the day.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    fIsince08 said:
    Hughesy said:
    fIsince08 said:
    RIP Doctor Who

    1963-1989-1996-2005-2017  
    Bit of an overreaction. The Dr changes to different people all the time, so changing sex isn't really a big deal. I don't watch it, but I'm enjoying the reaction on Twitter.
    IMO it should always be a male character though. You aren't going to get Emma Watson playing Jamie Bond, are you? I'll give her a chance but I disagree with the decision. It's come too soon if they were going to do it as we just had a female Master, but it's just been done for political correctness anyway.
    Maybe not but I read not that long ago that the creators of the James Bond Films are considering doing a female version. It won't be James Bond but a female James Bond type character

    In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    First day driving the racing car today. Did a 75 metre acceleration run from a standing start on the national start finish straight followed by a figure of eight on one of the old runways. Such a good experience and it's the first time Sunderland has competed on a Saturday for a decade!

    GKN are one of the sponsors of the event and are running a live stream on their YouTube page. As a result, our team has been interviewed 4 times by them.

    I was interviewed before I did my first run and the interviewer was Andy Jaye! I don't realise it until afterwards. I'll post the video when I get home.

    I am not a Codemasters employee.

    #RIPJules

    ---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Nice one mate! I've grown to quite like Andy Jaye's broadcasting, he has quite a soft tone to his voice, but he's clearly passionate about everything to do with motorsport! Looking forward to seeing the video. 
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
Sign In or Register to comment.