Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Stuff Thread

Comments

• ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    edited January 11
    Also, I don't want to start anything or whatever, but "the most prestigious team in Formula One racing".

They heard about Ferrari, right?
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Yes but Ferrari refuse to do any documentaries like this so... ;)
    Got a nice cheque through the post today, once it’s in my account I’m probably buying a PS4 Pro.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Co-Driver
    Also, I don't want to start anything or whatever, but "the most prestigious team in Formula One racing".

They heard about Ferrari, right?
    Ya, you would be right on that one.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
    DiRT 4 Club: https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/60578/team-colin-mcrae
    DiRT 4 RX Club: https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/135735/rx-face-off
    Hughesy said:
    Got a nice cheque through the post today, once it’s in my account I’m probably buying a PS4 Pro.
    I have been wanting the PRO for a while now. My PS4 500 GB are maxed out. Games are huge now. The PRO's 1TB should help with that.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
    My PS4 isn’t, but then it isn’t my main platform, but it is on the edge of not working, plus both my controllers  analogue sticks rubber have torn like a cheap condom :joy: 
    It’s annoying that they are starting to roll out instant cheque cashing, but not for me it seems, so it won’t be until next week I can get it. Game have a nice deal for the pro, but it’s the white version, I’d prefer black, but if the deal is still on next week I’ll get that as I’m not too fussed about the colour.
    I'm pretty sure you can get replacements for the sticks.
    You can, I also bought toppers for them but it made them feel weird. It’s strange as PS3 controllers had the thickest rubber known to man, more than  Pirelli F1 tyres meaning thay last forever. With this controller they have gone the other way.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    edited January 13
    My original controller had that problem Hughsey, I thought it was purely an issue on the launch controllers? I got a second one a couple of years ago (It's the 20th anniversary Grey one) as a result of the rubber wearing off, and that one has been fine! 

As for the hard drive space, I've not had any issues either, but then it isn't my main platform. I probably buy 1 or 2 games a year for it, such as F1 (You can delete that data every year and replace it with the new game) and I only buy that on PS4 because of league racing, if it wasn't for that I'd probably buy it on PC, if I bought it at all.

I couldn't really justify purchasing a PS4 Pro based on those circumstances, as much as I'd like one at some point, I'd rather upgrade my PC's GPU to like a 1060 6GB (or even an 8GB RX 480, I have heard it might be a better long term card). I want to buy Kingdom Come Deliverance on PC, but I'm not sure if my r9 270x will be able to handle it that well, the rest of my PC is good enough.

I was doing a benchmark test the other day and it said something along the lines of, my PC is running at 40% of the benchmark, but putting a 1060 in makes it up to about 80 something % instantly. So that's become a priority, I'm sort of wasting my CPU (i5 4760k, haven't overclocked it yet) on such an average GPU, a bottleneck I suppose. I'm probably making no sense at all to you :p 
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

Maybe mine was still launch stock, although I didn't get it on day of release it wasn't long after I got it.

I can only justify it as I got the money for nothing. I went ahead and bought one and I'm just transferring 200gb of data lol. I won't be playing it today I doubt, as I'm still suffering from an illness. Unless you have a 4k TV it's a bit of a waste, although it improves performance at 1080p. What I didn't realise is how big the pro is, it's the same as an Xbox One, yet the Xbox One X is smaller than both and a lot more powerful. 

Your CPU is being wasted slightly. I did think about putting this money towards a new GPU when the next gen is released, but GPU prices are increasing because of miners and its going to price me out of a high end GPU. I still see my PC as my main platform, but if I can't justify the cost I won't upgrade, whereas before I was upgrading every year or two. When I started PC gaming, high end GPU's were £300-£350, now they are £500+
    Hughesy said:
    Maybe mine was still launch stock, although I didn't get it on day of release it wasn't long after I got it.

I can only justify it as I got the money for nothing. I went ahead and bought one and I'm just transferring 200gb of data lol. I won't be playing it today I doubt, as I'm still suffering from an illness. Unless you have a 4k TV it's a bit of a waste, although it improves performance at 1080p. What I didn't realise is how big the pro is, it's the same as an Xbox One, yet the Xbox One X is smaller than both and a lot more powerful. 

Your CPU is being wasted slightly. I did think about putting this money towards a new GPU when the next gen is released, but GPU prices are increasing because of miners and its going to price me out of a high end GPU. I still see my PC as my main platform, but if I can't justify the cost I won't upgrade, whereas before I was upgrading every year or two. When I started PC gaming, high end GPU's were £300-£350, now they are £500+
    Yeah, I agree, it is a bit of a waste without 4k. I can't afford 3 4k monitors personally, and I'd rather have 3x1080p than the one 4k. For now anyway.

The RX 480/1060 is about 200-300 depending on the version so luckily it's quite affordable and I should be able to run most games on high/ultra again. But you're right, the prices are a bit insane for the top ones. a 1060 is reasonable, then you get the 1070 for 360+  which is stretching the limits for me, and the 1080 at over 500, well that's me priced out. But then I think I'd be better off building an entirely new PC if I was looking at a 1080. 

I got a 4K TV at Best Buy on Black Friday. But no 4K gaming system. I always go with buying a consol because I'm not very smart when it comes to PC. It's like another language.  :D
    Just to reinforce my point about GPU prices on the rise and the reason I bought a PS4 Pro rather than a new GPU, bloody miners ruining PC gaming
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/graphics-card-prices-are-on-the-rise-again.html
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    Happy new year hombres! What's going on?
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    Same old, same old :lol:

Forum's still clinging on to life haha
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    It'll never be like the old days where you'd be offline for a day and come back to 25 threads to read in Off-Topic.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    Only 3 or 4 threads in this section have even had a post in the last month. 

And in the F1 section most the time there is only a new post on race weekends or when a major piece of news comes out. I remember the "good old days" when the F1 section was full of "discussion", even in the depths of winter. 

Oh no I’m turning into my dad. So basically my dad has had a boldspot since he was 25, think of Hulk Hogan and that’s what he looks like, minus the steroids. My bro has got me all self conscious, he said I have a bold spot, I had a look and there’s a small one forming. I’m hoping my beard starts growing better, because then I’ll shave all my hair off and just have a beard :joy: Until then, I’ll just wear a hat as much as possible lol.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    There's a group of 5 of us from FS heading back to the IoM TT this year, can't wait! :smiley:

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Currently watching Bathurst 12 endurance race online, this must be a really punishing track to do endurance racing at.