Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Stuff Thread

Comments

• DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    I have never liked the look of this car. When you compare it to the Italians or the Swedes the Devel Sixteen just looks cheaply put together like it was a rookies kit car.
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Banging headache, and add to it the WiFi adapter I use for my sky box has broken and I need it to order the AJ vs Parker fight. So I'll have to drive somewhere to buy one, I hate driving with a headache... :/
    Just slam some Aspirin and drink a... well actually... that wouldn't help with the driving thing so never mind.
    I already take crazy amounts of drugs including tramadol because I suffer from multiple sclerosis. Lol
    Ya, I guess it would be best not to mix those with anything.
    Oh I do, just not when I plan on moving about :joy:
  • McStanleyMcStanley Member Unleaded
    edited April 12
    I feel sorry for you, Hughesy. Your dog looks very cute. May I ask you his / her name?

My dog only recently turned 10. That's 50 in doggy years. I dread to think what I will be like when my dog becomes ill and eventually passes. Currently, she is in tip top health, but that won't last forever, sadly.

By the way, the 'Like' of your post is in general a good thing. It was that or a 'Dislike', which is a bad thing, but will give you bad points. I liked it in the way of the post, not in the way of liking what is happening to your poor little doggy. I hope you understand what I mean.

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    My dog is 10 as well. He still acts young but you can see his age. Sorry about your dog. They really are the best of friends.
    edited April 13
    @McStanley His name is River, he's 12. I didn't name him that, he was 3 when I got him, his previous owners abused him, closed fist punches to the head, only gave him human food and never walked him, so he would have died if the owners kept him. He had every right to hate humans, yet the day I got him he followed me about everywhere, when I got him home he ran upstairs and jumped on my bed and went to sleep even though he'd never been in my house before.

For the rest of my life I will also remember that day, he was the first dog I had ever owned, I didn't even know what a shih tzu was the day I went to meet him. It was my aunt who knew the people that owned him, it didn't take much Persuasion for them to give him away.
    Another day I'll always remember is the first time I took him to my brothers to sleep at. We ordered a curry and whilst it was all out on a coffee table River pinched a onion bhaji and hid under a chair, I haven't  seen him move that fast since.

He has been an expensive dog to own (totally worth it though) as he had many untreated eye infection before I got him, so his tear ducts don't work, so I spend £50 a month on eye drops. He's also completely blind now due to cataracts, which is why his eyes look cloudy.

My youngest shih tzu will miss him just as much as me, he was born by my mum's dog, as soon as I let the 6 puppies out of a huge cage they were in this one pup would follow River around everywhere which is why I kept him, and they've been inseparable ever since. His name is Charlie and is the one poking his tongue out in my profile picture.
    When he's gone I'm actually going to get a small tattoo of his face, as pictures can be lost whereas tats can't (unless I lose my arm)

Don't worry I didn't take the like in the wrong way :)

Damn this was a long post haha.
    Post edited by Hughesy on
    DiRTKING808, my dog is in the same situation. 10 years of age and has the energy of a young puppy. My dog is also showing her age. She has a lot grey and white fur on her now. Not much black fur left on her, anymore! :)

My dog's name is Millie by the way.

Hughesy, same as mine. My dog's previous owners, who are our friends barely ever walked Millie and when they did, it would be mostly around the black. They never trained her properly and gave her lots of nasty habits, which she still has today, sadly. We rescued her in April 2011, when she came to us for a 2 week holiday that she never went home from. They noticed she was happier with us and they told us to keep her and that we can keep her if we wanted to, so, we did! :)

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    edited April 15
    I got my dog from the humian society. They collected a bunch of mixed puppy’s from Walmart. We named him Spike.
    edited April 15
    I think I'll get my next dog from a rescue centre, even though mine wasn't directly from one it was so rewarding seeing my dog improve. When I first got him he didn't like being picked up and cuddled, now he begs for it. I haven't got a picture directly of him doing it, but I do have a picture of him begging for a cuddle, he goes up on two legs like a meerkat lol. This picture was from quite a few years ago.

Post edited by Hughesy on
    He looks like a good boy. Glad you could save that little guy.
    I agree with DiRTKING808, in the way that Hughesy's dog River, is very cute. :)

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    edited April 16
    @Lukedfrt from what I saw from the Comm Games closing ceremony, everyone in Birmingham talks like they're in a poetry slam competition and your mayor is literally Captain Feathersword. Can you confirm or deny this observation?
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    I can confirm it haha, full marks for them using Mr Blue Sky though!
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
     Kind of put my foot in it just now. My bro was round with this girlfriend and her little daughter. A storm brew up with lots of thunder and lightning, I said don't get struck on the way out, little did I know that her daughter is terrified of thunder and lightning.... :joy:
    What are friends for, am I right?  :D Someone has to say those things.  ;)