Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WRC 2017 Thread

FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Co-Driver
Well 2016 season started.
VW: Ogier/Latvala/Mikkelsen
Citröen: Not starting in 2016
PH-Sport: Lefebvre/Meeke/Breen/Khalid Al-Qassimi
Hyundai: Paddon/Neuville/Sordo, Abbring at Hyundai R5 programme
M-Sport: Ostberg/Camilli
Fuckmatié WRT: Bertelli
DMack: Tänak

Post edited by Fedemaisonnave on

Comments

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    Neuville is for Citroen.  VW will keep as is if the manufacturer keeps funding the programme 
  • gheeDgheeD Member Co-Driver
    Lappi's Skoda contract will keep him in WRC2 for next year still.. Hope to see him in WRC 2017 tho. 
  • Adrian97fsAdrian97fs Member Unleaded
    Meeke to Hyundai. Neuville to Citroen.  
  • franklyshanklyfranklyshankly Member Unleaded
    I'm not sure if P. Solberg will be driving for a full season. I will be glad if It will be wrong, I am his fan since 2005. But maybe it will be self-titled Rally team and he will be challenging with DS3

Meeke should stay in Citroen...and Ostberg moves to M-Sport, why not. But anyway I think there will not any changings in Citroen WRT

M-Sport: Drop Tanak and Evans from the team will be a wrong decision. But I am as Russian have some hope for Eugeniy Novikov returning lol

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    I'm driving for VW and  @Porkhammer is going to M-Sport in place for Tanak. At least that way i'll have a chance of beating him!

LOL nice lineups
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    edited November 2015
    VW: Same as 2015
    Citroen: Same as 2015, with a potential 3rd car for Lefebvre
    Hyundai: Same as 2015, unless Neuville wants to move on
    M-Sport: Evans & Prokop. (If Neuville does want to leave Hyundai, then I wouldn't be surprised at a return to M-Sport. 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• szektoszekto Member New Car Smell
    edited November 2015
    I will be honest: I don't want to see Lefebvre in the WRC in the following year. He won the WRC3 last year in interesting circumstances (if my informations are correct), and he something very similar happened with in this year in the WRC2 category - just before Citroen put him into the WRC category.

Instead of Lefebvre, I would like to see Sebastien Chardonnet in the WRC! :)

My lineup:
    - VW: Ogier/Latvala/Mikkelsen
    - Citroen: Meeke/Ostberg
    - Hyundai: Neuville/Sordo & Paddon/Abbring
    - M-Sport: Evans/Tänak
    - M-Sport "B": Breen/Lappi or Tidemand
    'If in doubt, flat out' - Colin McRae

My PC: ASRock FM2A55-HD+ | AMD A10-5800K @ 3.8 GHz | 2*4 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 MHz | Gigabyte GTX 960 2 GB DDR5 WF2 | WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD | Samsung SyncMaster 2043 BW @ 1680x1050
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    I thought Neuville was contracted for next year? I've never heard uncertainty from him about next year despite this year not going great for him.

I think VW won't change, although Mikkelson deserves better than second team. But they do have the 3 best drivers in the best car!
    Citroen: I hope they keep Kris and Mads, they both deserve another season
    Hyundai should promote Paddon to first team with Neuville, see how he does next season.
    M-sport is a tricky one, both Evans and Tanak have potential (Poland for tanak and Corsica for Evans) but they aren't title winning material just yet.

There is a huge amount of talent out there right now, it's just a bit of a shame that there is one dominant driver (Ogier) and one dominant team (VW), otherwise it would be extremely close and competitive

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

szekto said:
    I will be honest: I don't want to see Lefebvre in the WRC in the following year. He won the WRC3 last year in interesting circumstances (if my informations are correct), and he something very similar happened with in this year in the WRC2 category - just before Citroen put him into the WRC category.

Instead of Lefebvre, I would like to see Sebastien Chardonnet in the WRC! :)

My lineup:
    - VW: Ogier/Latvala/Mikkelsen
    - Citroen: Meeke/Ostberg
    - Hyundai: Neuville/Sordo & Paddon/Abbring
    - M-Sport: Evans/Tänak
    - M-Sport "B": Breen/Lappi or Tidemand
    I put Lefebvre because he recced all the rallyes and it is tied to Citröen, Evans and Tanak are out also, Tanak could have chances in a DMack team
  • function9function9 Member Wheel Nut
    Evans is out? Was M-Sport just not able to (re)sign either of their drivers or what? He's still fairly young and new at the WRC level, I think a huge amount of potential. Hope he finds a seat somewhere, Toyota maybe?
  • YoMrWhiteYoMrWhite Member Co-Driver

VW is set with Ogier, Latvala and Mikkelsen. No reason to change that.

Citroen skould keep Meeke, as he was the only driver who could sometimes challenge the VW's. Ostberg is slower, but quite dependable, Lefebvre not there yet. 3rd car for him, to prepare for 2017. So I guess no change here, too.

Hyundai should definitely promote Paddon to the first team and rotate the second seat between Neuville and Sordo. Abbring in the second team.

M-Sport: Evans still lacks the last ounce of speed, Tänak crashes too often. Difficult decision. Is there anyone out there who's better? Tidemand? Breen? Lappi will probably stay at Skoda.

So I think we will see only minor changes. Of course, it depends on Citroens decision. If they quit WRC after 2016 (hope not), it might be wise for Meeke and Ostberg to look for another drive now. Ostberg to M-Sport and Meeke to Hyundai perhaps. And maybe Malcolm Wilson loses his patience with Evans and Tänak.

Testing for Monte Carlo begins soon...

Daryl Willcox on Steam and leaderboards
  • RSRallyRSRally Member New Car Smell
    What is the D-Mack WRT rumour about? Could we see them as a privateer team or is it just a wild guess?
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I'm not sure if P. Solberg will be driving for a full season. I will be glad if It will be wrong, I am his fan since 2005. But maybe it will be self-titled Rally team and he will be challenging with DS3
    As far as I'm aware Petter Solberg is doing the World Rallycross Championship again next year. Both his rallycross DS3's are currently up for sale (as is the team trailer) and there have been rumours that another rallycross team will be picking him up... but then I have also heard he is building a new rallycross DS3. Irrespective all the Solberg plans for 2016 I have heard involve rallycross! 

I would love to see Meeke in a VW. He is the only driver who has seemed to be able to consistently challenge the Polos. Admittedly he has binned it a few times; I would like to see him in a Polo to see if those prangs have been the result of him having to push the DS3 too hard in order to keep pace with the VW's...

...of course that seems unlikely to happen, so the next best thing would be for Citroen to pour more money into the WRC program and give Meeke a better car. 

I really like the Fiesta, but it just doesn't seem to be competitive. As others have said Evans and Tanak are both quick, but I wonder if a more experienced hand in the M-Sport car(s) might help push the Fiesta to the fore.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• AudunsAuduns Member New Car Smell
    tbtstt said:
    As far as I'm aware Petter Solberg is doing the World Rallycross Championship again next year. Both his rallycross DS3's are currently up for sale (as is the team trailer) and there have been rumours that another rallycross team will be picking him up... but then I have also heard he is building a new rallycross DS3. Irrespective all the Solberg plans for 2016 I have heard involve rallycross! 

As far as I know Petter bought 3 new team trucks this year, and the one put out for sale is one of his old trucks. As for Petters involvement in WRX nest year I do not know, but he hinted about something WRC related in 2017 on the WRC radio on friday.

Auduns
    AudunS
    Steam ID: Audi75
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Auduns said:

As far as I know Petter bought 3 new team trucks this year, and the one put out for sale is one of his old trucks. As for Petters involvement in WRX nest year I do not know, but he hinted about something WRC related in 2017 on the WRC radio on friday.

Auduns
    Oooh, I hadn't heard that! I'm on the fence with regards to Petter; I'd love to see him back in the WRC again, but he is the best thing to happen to rallycross in the last couple of years, so I'd be gutted not to see him back in rallycross again in 2016.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

edited November 2015
    DMack WRT is what want Dicks Cormack (Owner of DMack) he want RC1's to use his tires and probably own Team, Tanak have a strong relationship with Dicks so that is his only chance, Evans and were telled to push as much as they can at WRGB, and malcolm said it was a shootout and both failed, also is angry with them about RACC, so both out of m-sport IMO. If M-Sport get a big sponsor Meeke maybe will be there, because he said he will put near all the money in a First driver to challenge for podiums in every round, or Neuville if Hyundai dont want him anymore
    Wrote Dicks because his real name is banned LOL ****
  • MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
    edited November 2015
    Well, I'm a bit worried about the WRC for next year. It's a bit like Merc in F1 - there's no team and no driver that will challenge VW for the titles. Unless, the 2016 Hyundai turns out to be decent...

I also wish that Robert Kubica will stay in WRC category. I am a bit of a fanboy, but nevertheless think that he's got the potential to be a WRC star and near the top if given a chance.

So here's my predicted line-up:
    Citroen: Meeke and Lefebvre/Ostberg
    Hyundai: Paddon and Sordo, Abbring in the third car
    M-Sport: Tanak, Neuville and Bertelli (there's a rumour Bertelli will bring lots of $$$ and have a factory seat)

My preferred line-up for 2016:
    Citroen: Meeke and Lefebvre  (Ostberg is nothing special, Citroen will keep the French driver Lefebvre but his pace is average)
    Hyundai: Paddon and Sordo, Kubica in the third car
    M-Sport: Tanak, Neuville and Evans (but this won't happen unless M-Sport find a big sponsor)
    Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    edited November 2015
    The thing with this year is, almost every driver at some point in the season has shown that they can mix it at the top:
    Neuville in Sweden 
    Ostberg in Spain
    Paddon in Sardinia
    Tanak in Poland
    Mikkelson in Sweden/Spain
    Evans in Corsica
    Kubica in most places before he bins it
    Latvala is always up there
    Sordo can also show good results (Sardinia and Spain)
    And then Ogier is just not human (other than Spain)

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

The thing with this year is, almost every driver at some point in the season has shown that they can mix it at the top:
    Neuville in Sweden 
    Ostberg in Spain
    Paddon in Sardinia
    Tanak in Poland
    Mikkelson in Sweden/Spain
    Evans in Corsica
    Kubica in most places before he bins it
    Latvala is always up there
    Sordo can also show good results (Sardinia and Spain)
    And then Ogier is just not human (other than Spain)
    You forgot Kris! At Wales and Argentina