Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WRC 2019 Thread

Comments

• RSRallyRSRally Member New Car Smell
    The rumour about Bertelli is him stopping his own team and helping a possible M-Sport B Team instead. I'm not really impressed by Bertelli's pace, but if Kubica join them it could be interesting! 
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    The thing with this year is, almost every driver at some point in the season has shown that they can mix it at the top:
    Neuville in Sweden 
    Ostberg in Spain
    Paddon in Sardinia
    Tanak in Poland
    Mikkelson in Sweden/Spain
    Evans in Corsica
    Kubica in most places before he bins it
    Latvala is always up there
    Sordo can also show good results (Sardinia and Spain)
    And then Ogier is just not human (other than Spain)
    You forgot Kris! At Wales and Argentina
    Yep, knew I forgot someone!
  • MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
    I understand that in recent years privateers such as Prokop, Bertelli, Al-Qassimi or Protasov were welcome line-up fillers and sometimes brought points home. This is espcially true for Prokop.

But out of all those private teams only Kubica had the pace on both surfaces to mix it up and really get among the factory teams. I really can't understand why there isn't a company willing to sponsor Kubica's seat at a factory team for all the worldwide attention it would bring. It's beyond me, but I can see why a primarily Polish market based Lotos won't do it.

I'm biased again, but Toyota should have a good look at Kubica and keep him gaining experience in 2016, before taking him into the factory team.

Without a manufacturer support M-Sport will not provide a car capable of mixing it with the VWs and others - more cash for development is needed. What will happen with M-Sport for 2017 when new regs come into place?

Mads Ostberg - nice guy, but bringing P4-P8 doesn't excite people, and it's a sad state of affairs that Citroen is happy with that

Neuville - what happened to him?

Paddon - love this guy, 3 year contract with Hyundai was a great move for both

Meeke - he's got the pace, with a bit more job security he'll be a consistent frontrunner

WRC promoter - can do better

Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.
    Kubica has brilliant potential, just hope that if he is here next year he can show it.

And I really hope Thierry pulls his finger out next year! In 2014 he was winning stages and coming out in the interviews at the stage end saying he wasn't too happy and could have gone quicker! Hopefully next year will be his year again
  • RallycameramanRallycameraman Member Champion
    I heard over the weekend that while Petter will be doing WRX in 2016 it will be with VW. 
    Check out my YouTube channel - youtube.com/user/lukeharvey2006

http://steamcommunity.com/id/rallycameraman/
  • gheeDgheeD Member Race Steward
    Personally I think Kubica has already had his chance to show what he can do, and sadly that is being blazing fast and wrecking early. Feels like he still has that formula mentality of hotlapping and that just wont work in rally. I dont blame teams for not taking him in, he exactly hasnt showed great rallying in his years of WRC.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited November 2015
    I heard over the weekend that while Petter will be doing WRX in 2016 it will be with VW. 
    That's an interesting bit of gossip. I had wondered if there was a possible Toyota hook up in the works (as that would also tie in with Petter's Dakar comments a few months ago).

If Solberg does go down the VW route for rallycross I wonder if he will be driving as part of the Marklund or Kristoffersson teams, or if he will run as a privateer team again?

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    My Preferred Lineup
    VW: Ogier/Latvala/Mikkelsen
    Citröen: Neuville/Ostberg/Lefebre
    Hyundai: Paddon/Sordo/Abbring
    M-sport: Meeke/Solberg
    M-Sport II : Bertelli/Kubica mixed with Lappi
    Lappi when Kubica does RC1 he RC2 to be WRC2 champion with New Fiesta R5
  • franklyshanklyfranklyshankly Member Unleaded
    Fedemaisonnave said:
      And at this momemt I become a part of support of M-Sport. o:)                      

tbtstt said:
    That's an interesting bit of gossip. I had wondered if there was a possible Toyota hook up in the works (as that would also tie in with Petter's Dakar comments a few months ago).

If Solberg does go down the VW route for rallycross I wonder if he will be driving as part of the Marklund or Kristoffersson teams, or if he will run as a privateer team again?
    I heard it'd be more of a factory VW effort.

Fedemaisonnave said:
      And at this momemt I become a part of support of M-Sport. o:)                      

Im already a supporter of MSport no matter what drivers drive LOL
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    gheeD said:
    Personally I think Kubica has already had his chance to show what he can do, and sadly that is being blazing fast and wrecking early. Feels like he still has that formula mentality of hotlapping and that just wont work in rally. I dont blame teams for not taking him in, he exactly hasnt showed great rallying in his years of WRC.
    TBH I can't agree with you. You have to put few pretty strong points into the equation:
    • Kubica's still recovering after accident in which he almost lost his right hand. If you'll pay attention you can see in videos how he holds tools with his forearm instead of hand - he's simply not able to hold tools in his right hand
    • He's private team was made of 6 passionate people work their asses of.
    • Pirelli had really terrible season. Tyres coming off rims without puncturing them, really? They're efficient on sprints but when there's more kilometers to drive they simple wear of too fast.
    • He had like 3-4 training through whole season, while fabric teams have at least one training before each event.
    • Besides driving he had whole team-management thing on his head (at least for the first part of the season).
    • Transforming from racing driver to rally driver takes time. And the time has started to give results now.
    I do strongly believe that they will find a place for him somwhere.
    There are also roumors about Matton giving him a Citroen but not as a part of fabric team (possibly due Total-Lotos conflict of interests). I'm also pretty sure Wilson is strongly considering putting him into team - question is will Robert go with that as he already had experience with M-Sport in 2014?

I've also give a thought about Toyota hiring Kubica to help with developing the car until 2017 [he has quite experience with help in development for Mercedes] but this is no more to happen with rumours about Toyota not even starting in 2017.

My dreamteam's for 2016 would be:
    VW: ...
    Citroen: Meeke / Kubica
    M-Sport: Evans / Ostberg (sorry for him I really like him but I need place for Robert ;) )
    Hyundai: Sordo / Neuville and Paddon goin in for few rallies.

• function9function9 Member Wheel Nut
    I'd like to see what Kajetanowicz could do in the WRC. He's consistent and quick, especially on events he hasn't done before.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    I think Kajto would be similar to Evans, consistent but not super quick. To be honest, I think WRC is a step too far for Kubica at the moment, I really think he should have a crack at the full ERC; more tarmac events, at a level he's won at before. Use that series to build consistency (as it did for Neuville and Mikkelsen). Would be great to see a two car, Lotos-backed ERC effort.
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
    function9 said:
    I'd like to see what Kajetanowicz could do in the WRC. He's consistent and quick, especially on events he hasn't done before.
    No, I can't pronounce his name
    function9 said:
    I believe it's pronounced kat-an-o-vich

• Job3kJob3k Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 2015
    function9 said:
    I believe it's pronounced kat-an-o-vich
    Its Ka - yeah - tano - vich
    Can we do what the Chelsea fans did with Azpilicueta and just call him Dave?
    Or just call him Kaijto (ky-tow)                                           

Please Ostberg not go to MSport, he is the second more experienced actual drivers before JML, and he is slow as s***, still prefering mad tanak and hesitant elfyn