Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WRC 2019 Thread

Comments

• YoMrWhiteYoMrWhite Member Race Steward
    That's another team and another tire manufacturer competing. Dmack can't replace Citroen, of course, but more diversity is always good. Especially as M-Sport might not do the whole season, too.
    Daryl Willcox on Steam and leaderboards
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    I'm glad we have at least one more season with tanak. I think he has more to give, and hopefully he shows it next year and proves me right!
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    I haven't heard it anywhere official, but there are rumours surrounding M-Sport and the World Rallycross Championship next year. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    That would be interesting. I'm amazed at how much money they can spend on Motorsport!
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    That would be interesting. I'm amazed at how much money they can spend on Motorsport!
    Malcolm wilson is a Motorsport Business Man, he earns lots of money every year by selling and hiring cars, so it is probable to have a Car at RX to show how Fast his rx Car is, his rx is the one who Mr block uses,what if Mr Wilson want to use the same driver in RX and in WRC?? 
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    what if Mr Wilson want to use the same driver in RX and in WRC?? 
    He will be disappointed at the WRC results? Block can't really perform.
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
    Block no porky, i thought about petter, block sucks and thats why he want a driver at wrx, because if ken block doesnt do it so bad with his Car a proper driver will fight for the win every race
    Malcolm wilson is a Motorsport Business Man, he earns lots of money every year by selling and hiring cars, so it is probable to have a Car at RX to show how Fast his rx Car is, his rx is the one who Mr block uses,what if Mr Wilson want to use the same driver in RX and in WRC?? 
    Yeah, M-Sport built the "RX43" that Block has used in the Global Rallycrash Championship the last couple of years. When Block appeared in a couple of World Rallycross rounds in Europe last year it was a second M-Sport rallycross Fiesta.

M-Sport also supplied the rallycross Fiestas used by Chip Ganassi Racing (and I think Bryan Herta Racing) as well.
    Without meaning to retread very old ground, I would strongly disagree with this statement. Block is a very competent driver; yeah, he isn't competitive at WRC level, but he dips his toe in and out, you can't expect him to be. At a National level he is very competent and he is very, very quick in a rallycross car as well.

I went to Loheac (for the World Rallycross) with a couple of anti-Block mates last year. Both of them were eating their words by midway through the weekend: he set an outright lap record in France that no one (including Petter Solberg) managed to beat. 

In my opinion Block's PR team are both his greatest strength and biggest weakness; it is thanks to them that he is able to fund all these ventures, but also thanks to them that a lot of serious motorsport fans seem to turn their nose up at him.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Block is Fast at RX because he have the best Car, his Fiesta RX is far better than every RX car
    Block is Fast at RX because he have the best Car, his Fiesta RX is far better than every RX car
    I wouldn't say "far better", though there is no doubt it's a very well built car. That aside several GRC drivers are now in M-Sport Fiestas and Block is still faster (it's just a pity that most of the GRC tracks favour luck rather than skill).

I would also argue that Solberg's DS3 is a contender for "best rallycross car" (his is the only other car using Pipo engines) and, after the development in 2015, the Peugeot-Hansen 208 would also be up there for me.

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• franklyshanklyfranklyshankly Member Unleaded
    Ostberg and Camilli are cofirmed for M-Sport 2016 lineup. 

Yes,awful choice i think, Ostberg is ok but Camilli sucks in comparison with the skoda drivers and suninen, dont know if camilli have put a big wage for the seat

Yes,awful choice i think, Ostberg is ok but Camilli sucks in comparison with the skoda drivers and suninen, dont know if camilli have put a big wage for the seat
    Money talks, I thnik. I've checked his stas: only R2 and R3T poor experience, no wins, no champs, crashes...and then he is moving to WRC2, and now to WRC. And remember he is almost 30 years. Really? Why not Kubica, Protasov...Evans.

Money talks, I thnik. I've checked his stas: only R2 and R3T poor experience, no wins, no champs, crashes...and then he is moving to WRC2, and now to WRC. And remember he is almost 30 years. Really? Why not Kubica, Protasov...Evans.

I know that Malcolm was last year saying camilli ls great, camilli is the best, but for a WRC instead of Kubica, or as i said any other top notch WRC2 driver? It is really strange

I know that Malcolm was last year saying camilli ls great, camilli is the best, but for a WRC instead of Kubica, or as i said any other top notch WRC2 driver? It is really strange

About Camilli is "great and the best" should saying his results, not Wilson.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    I have a feeling that Toyota is paying for Eric Canilli's seat
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti

About Camilli is "great and the best" should saying his results, not Wilson.
    Yes, dont know what have malcolm seen in him, he have good pace when he not crash but he crashed more than Robert lol
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    I love that Ostberg is going back to MSport; I think he's great, and he'll definitely do better back in a Fiesta. 

Camilli on the other hand... 10 WRC starts, and 10th or whatever it was in WRC2... I don't get it. 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• YoMrWhiteYoMrWhite Member Race Steward

Strange decisions indeed. Maybe Ostberg can get his mojo back in the Fiesta, but I'm not so sure about that. He was beaten quite regularly by Meeke although he had more experience in the most rallies.

Camilli - we'll have to wait. He was fast sometimes, but prone to mistakes. And the WRC cars are quicker. See what they did to Kubicas record, after he switched to WRC.

I would have kept Evans. After all, he was closer to the top in 2015 than in 2014 and maybe could have taken the next step. Maybe...

Daryl Willcox on Steam and leaderboards