Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WRC 2019 Thread

Comments

• function9function9 Member Wheel Nut
    I thought Ostberg was having better results at Citroen than he ever had at M-Sport? And I'm disappointed Evans isn't getting at least one more year to show his stuff, this is only his second season in a WRC car right? Maybe he was wanting too much money?
  • AreyoubenAreyouben Member Race Engineer

It was confirmed on Friday that Tänak will drive all 14 rounds for the new DMACK World Rally Team while the M-Sport door is not closed for Evans.

“The team is still in discussion with Elfyn and there is potential for him to have some form of programme in 2016. News of this potential programme will be announced when known,” added the spokesperson.

So things are not over for Elfyn just yet.
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    Considering the experience of Evans and Kunica, I can't believe they picked Camilli over them. Evans and Kubica might not be the best, but their experience of rallies and the car are not comparible
  • PorkhammerPorkhammer Member Champion
    Yeah Evans is awesome, even though he looks like a malnourished rodent, and Kubica is just cool. I never even heard of this Camilli fellow. y u do dis wrc
    "forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza" -michaelangelo
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    function9 said:
    I thought Ostberg was having better results at Citroen than he ever had at M-Sport? And I'm disappointed Evans isn't getting at least one more year to show his stuff, this is only his second season in a WRC car right? Maybe he was wanting too much money?
    Some people forget that he was most competitive when in a Fiesta, when he was a privateer. He's always said it's been his most comfortable car, and I'm hoping he finds the form he once had during his privateer days. 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    Evans might go with Bertelli, Evans is only Fast when everyone hessitate and they have his same pace because he hessitate everywhere, he is not confident and afraid to crash, Camilli i know about him but he is not mature enough to go on a manufacturer Team, but maybe ffsa money was decisive for Mr. Wilson, he might have some good results(no podiums, but better pace than Evans) and i think is a more surfaces driver, thats why Wilson pulled out Evans and Tanak, evans only Fast in tarmac because he have more grip and he felt confortable and Tanak just Fast in places where only a maniatic can go flat out, and he dislike the tarmac because his poor experience in it, and it is more technical
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    function9 said:
    Some people forget that he was most competitive when in a Fiesta, when he was a privateer. He's always said it's been his most comfortable car, and I'm hoping he finds the form he once had during his privateer days. 
    I always think he was more competitive before the VWs entered! He's arguably been the second most impressive driver this year, behind Ogier, if getting the best results without overdriving count for anything. He's done a great job this last year, deserves a full season next; personally I think he's improved dramatically and think Citroen might regret losing him in a year's time.
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
    Rumours of a Monster Rallycross Team with Block and Petter Solberg which can include a WRC programme for Petter, so good news for WRC
    To be honest if block comes to world rx it will only be good. It will distract the Americans from global rallycrash and will bring it even more coverage. Tanner Foust should get a full world rx drive too, that would make things interesting
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    To be honest if block comes to world rx it will only be good. It will distract the Americans from global rallycrash and will bring it even more coverage. Tanner Foust should get a full world rx drive too, that would make things interesting
    Foust would be another brilliant addition; he made such a great first impression when he started doing European Rallycross it would be fantastic to see him fully commit to the World Championship. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• cheetscheets Member New Car Smell
    Bertelli in a "new" team for 2016 driving in Fiesta WRC prepared and run by M-Sport's customer team. No name for the team yet. Will drive all except China. http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november-2015/bertelli-in-2016/page/3028--12-12-.html
    cheets said:
    Bertelli in a "new" team for 2016 driving in Fiesta WRC prepared and run by M-Sport's customer team. No name for the team yet. Will drive all except China. http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/november-2015/bertelli-in-2016/page/3028--12-12-.html
    Yes maybe new sponsor for Lorenzo or just mum's help but with sposoring for mum, and be Prada WRT with another driver i think
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    I see Meekes rumoured to be on the verge of closing a deal with Toyota
    KevM said:

Yeah, I really like Meeke, but I'm unsure on how good he is. He can either be challenging for the lead or well off. But I would like to see him at Toyota. 2017 will definitely be an interesting year, I wonder if Volkswagen well remain as they are?
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    edited December 2015
    VW, they likely will, but Toyota, I'm not so sure....

Its shaping up to be a possible ego-tickler for Tommi Mak
    Post edited by KevM on
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    KevM said:

Yeah, I really like Meeke, but I'm unsure on how good he is. He can either be challenging for the lead or well off. But I would like to see him at Toyota. 2017 will definitely be an interesting year, I wonder if Volkswagen well remain as they are?
    VW will be remaining as they are, running 3 cars with the same 3 drivers, despite what has happened to VW this year. 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• sqdstrsqdstr Member Petrol Head
    Ostberg needs to find a new co-driver, Andersson will co-drive Tidemand next year in WRC2 with a Fabia R5

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2015/ostberg-in-co-driver-hunt/page/3037--12-12-.html

sqdstr said:
    Ostberg needs to find a new co-driver, Andersson will co-drive Tidemand next year in WRC2 with a Fabia R5

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/december-2015/ostberg-in-co-driver-hunt/page/3037--12-12-.html

Yes, the next Codriver for mads will be Emil Axelsson or Ilka Minor. Meeke to Toyota is really probable and we are almost at the end of the guessing  :'(
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    Apparently Ola Fløene is joining Mads Østberg for next season.
    http://www.tv2.no/2015/12/06/sport/rally/7752946 (In Norwegian)
    I can honestly say that I didn't expect that one.

If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
    Just came to post the same thing, very odd to move from the third best driver in the best team to mads at m-sport