Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Thrustmaster T300RS Support

Hey everyone, 

This is due to go into an upcoming patch but we figured that we'd allow owners of the T300RS Wheel to use the game with GRID Autosport right now.  This is for PC only at this time.

If you have a T300RS simply follow these simple instructions: 

1) Download this file: http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/GRIDAutosport_T300RS.zip 

2) Extract the 'forcefeedback' files and the 'input' files to the corresponding folders in your GRID Autosport steam directory. 

3) Play the game 

Note: the steam install directory is typically found here - 
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GRID Autosport\
Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
Find me on Twitter | Steam

Comments

• andayaandaya Member Unleaded
    Very good movement!!, that wheel is for the moment, along with the T-500 and one another without FF that will work on PS4.
    Altought is only for PC, the future on PS4 and maybe in Xbox One are Thrustmaster wheels, unfortunately Logitech users, like me, cannot use and will cannot in PS4 because of patents with Immersion and Logitech negative to pay the rigths and probably give up the wheel console and PC market.

Salute.
    Aaron Westley is a cheater.

Drift Or Die [DOD] Team. PS3. "Rock or Bust"
  • gigiotto59gigiotto59 Member New Car Smell
    I don't think the problems are the rights not paid, also Fanatec have same issue. I believe that Thrustmaster get an agreement with Sony in order to  be the only one to build wheels and make the price they want. T300RS is a normal wheel with an expensive cost, also you have to buy T3PA pedals because the one in the wheel bundle is simply ridicolous. I will by a pc instead of PS4 and keep my G27.  I should spend 400 eur for PS4 and 450 eur for T300 RS plus T3PA pedals, total 950 eur, with this money I"ll get a pc. Think about mate.
  • andayaandaya Member Unleaded
    edited September 2014
    I don't think the problems are the rights not paid, also Fanatec have same issue. I believe that Thrustmaster get an agreement with Sony in order to  be the only one to build wheels and make the price they want. T300RS is a normal wheel with an expensive cost, also you have to buy T3PA pedals because the one in the wheel bundle is simply ridicolous. I will by a pc instead of PS4 and keep my G27.  I should spend 400 eur for PS4 and 450 eur for T300 RS plus T3PA pedals, total 950 eur, with this money I"ll get a pc. Think about mate.
    I was thinking in the last months that a "secret" agreement was done between Thrutsmaster and Sony but the fact is that the rights and patents with Immersion afecct to Sony too in order that they cannot do official driver for PC of its DS4 controller. (and you forget that the price of the gearbox sold by Thrutsmaster too...and is not cheap, so we are talking about 1100-1150$ to have the same features, in some cases better, than the G27 but with an horrendous price; i said that CM made a good movement to keep on racing games but for me is a shame what Logitech has done as a G27 user.

Thrutsmaster doesn´t use the same pattent or technology from Immersion to ensure official compatible device and mainly i would like to think about the reason they are the only ones who has PS4 compatible wheels, and they should saw and studied the situation and take advantage creating a crappy wheel of 94 eur (100 $ more or less) and a T-300RS wich is way more expensive than a T-500 RS as you rightly explained.

Fanatec is in the same boat because they use the same Immersion patents. This thing is much more complicated than it seems, aside that Logitech has 0 interest in keep on this kind of peripherals... also i was read some about this very interesting here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872483&page=6

It is long but i think it rather to take a look because two guys knows what are they talking about.

All in all i´m thinking the same as you, return to the PC with new games as P. Cars, keep my G27 and wait..., the sad thing is games like DriveClub for PS4 wich i think is gonna be a good arcade game, specially for the road location and the original system to play with improvements over the classic race-win-or-lost.

Salute.

P.s. Sorry for my english.

Aaron Westley is a cheater.

Drift Or Die [DOD] Team. PS3. "Rock or Bust"
  • naksnaks Member New Car Smell
    Will this update be made available on the ps3. 
  • LuckyLuke16LuckyLuke16 Member New Car Smell
    edited September 2014
    So I have this wheel and done what you said, but there is one problem... Whenever I close the game, the T300 settings don't seem to be saved. So when I open the game with the wheel connected, the menu is broken because it thinks I'm pressing down all the time, so I can't do anything in the menu or when driving. I have to disconnect the wheel and reconnect, then use the keyboard to reselect the T300 preset, and then it works. But I have to do this every time I launch Grid Autosport. Kind of annoying...!

Update: Actually, the problem is much bigger than this. The game doesn’t save any data since I’ve installed your T300 files.
    So when I finish an event in career mode, save & quit, and launch the game again, it starts on the old event again that I had already finished.

Post edited by LuckyLuke16 on
  • KimkbhKimkbh Member New Car Smell
    Loore said:
    Hey everyone, 

This is due to go into an upcoming patch but we figured that we'd allow owners of the T300RS Wheel to use the game with GRID Autosport right now.  This is for PC only at this time.

1) Download this file: http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/GRIDAutosport_T300RS.zip 

2) Extract the 'forcefeedback' files and the 'input' files to the corresponding folders in your GRID Autosport steam directory. 

3) Play the game 

Hi,

Are there any updates on T300RS Wheel support for F1 2014?

Regards,
    Kim

• LooreLoore Member Champion
    Kimkbh said:
    Loore said:
    Hey everyone, 

3) Play the game 

Hi,

Are there any updates on T300RS Wheel support for F1 2014?

Regards,
    Kim

Afraid I don't have anything to share at this time, @Hatta may have heard something :)
    Community Manager at Codemasters, wears a robe and wizard hat
    Find me on Twitter | Steam
  • gigiotto59gigiotto59 Member New Car Smell
    Logitech said that PS4 has a chip that wheels do not have, but i do not believe that, if was just a chip it could be very easy make a usb adaptor and make logitech wheels supported, sorry I don't trust them and specially I do not trust sony.
    Untill few months ago Project cars game said that logitch and fanatec wheels were supported with next gen, so? What happen later on? Why suddenly project cars change their mind? Who and why  told them " Only Thrusmaster wheels be supported  in the game? Who if not Sony? They are the only one who decide the release date of a game, they decide about games updates, they have decided for some reasons that only Thrustmaster wheels must be used for PS4.
  • Du7cHDu7cH Member New Car Smell
    *Rant warning.

The problem as i understand it, is microsoft for xbox and Sony for playstation are just being greedy and wanting there nose's deeper in the money making trough forcing us all to replace perfectly good and working peripherals for the latest consoles,

The hardware is licenced, and to be licensed and certified the hardware although physically possible and compatible with the consoles needs this security chip (money making device / security/encryption chip) to be compliant and retain further licence agreements with the console corporations and thus make the hardware work and talk nicely together, Without this chip they risk not being able to make any further money with the latest generations of consoles and the hardware moving forward in the future, so they stuck between a rock and a hard place, continue to support the previous hardware and their loyal customers and make it compatible with an adaptor of some sort including a security chip to allow communication (which would never be allowed) and shoot themselves in the foot doing so, BYE LICENSE or play along and pee off all  there previous customers and force them to replace perfectly working peripherals making more money and keeping everyone rich into the bargain having to buy new again,

Previous consoles hardware is now only good for landfill and no hope of any compatibility due to forward facing strategies by the guys at the top of the corporations making the consoles. Thanks 
    ApexOnlineRacing.com -  [APX] - The home of Clean, Competitive & Fair Online Racing.
  • fomozfomoz Member New Car Smell
    Has this been implemented in the game as of now, or do we still need to apply this fix manually?
  • gmsplaysgmsplays Member New Car Smell
    Will this work for the original GRID??? As my T300 wheel isn't recognised but the pedals are
  • madwakmadwak Member Unleaded
    gmsplays said:
    Will this work for the original GRID??? As my T300 wheel isn't recognised but the pedals are
    Have you switched it to PS3 mode?
  • gmsplaysgmsplays Member New Car Smell
    madwak said:
    gmsplays said:
    Have you switched it to PS3 mode?
    Yeah I've done that when i first brought it, Works fine with every other game.
  • DreyMIXDreyMIX Member New Car Smell
    Hello, I've set the switch to PS3. But going on the game settings, not yet recognize me the steering wheel.