Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What type of driver are you In real life road driving

I categorize myself as a slow driver especially in the city.  I go with the traffic flow mostly, but I don't close the gap if someone get off the lane. I keep my speed.

From my years of experience of driving online & doing time attack... It's almost pointless to go faster than the speed limit, unless there's absolutely no one on the road. Each time I see someone accelerating fast & tailgating everyone, I bet he doesn't play racing games. The distance of 3 cars is equal to 0.3sec in my book.

I thought myself that I would be aggressive when I got my driver license, but I'm far from it.

Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|X-Fi Titanium HD|SuperNOVA 1300 G2|Corsair 800D

Comments

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    I've been told that I'm quite aggressive. I'll pick very small gaps (make it every time), I tend to close the distance to the car in front but I won't tailgate. I take corners and roundabouts pretty sharpish and I'm off pretty quickly when the light turns green.
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    I like to put the foot down on the highway/freeway, love driving in city traffic, can't stand tailgaters who try to push you and people who take their time when turning into a side street. 
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• MSC7MSC7 Member New Car Smell
    Still learning, so pretty dangerous :P
    米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
    Keep Fighting Michael!
    I can't stand people who go 90 in a 100 zone in the middle lanes and there isn't an adequate space either side to pull into and overtake.

• Ron666Ron666 Member Wheel Nut
    Anybody who can drive properly in the streets of India is capable of driving ANYWHERE in the world. I consider myself a pedal happy driver who's cool in the city and very quick on highways. One day I am gonna shoot a video of how driving's like in the city over here and then post it.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    I don't drive, but I'd hate to drive in India if I did drive. I saw a video of someone hitting a cow and then getting beaten up by the locals. 

| 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

Cow is the last creature you wanna hit over here, bloody fools -_- Also count goats, dogs and bikers, almost hit a bloody dog on highway last week, reduced speed from 70 all the way down to 15 lol.
  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    Why would you not wanna hit a cow? Free steak!
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

And a free beating of a lifetime with a couple of hours in some rotten jail as an added bonus :p
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal

Because it's a holy animal in India.
    PSN ID: maptidh | Steam ID: mikeerfol

2017 Predictor Game Champion | 2015, 2017 Predictor Team Champion for Willyams with RevolvingPrawn
    Lol even I forgot that.
  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    mike96 said:

Because it's a holy animal in India.
    Oh yeah. They are missing out big time
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    AMS97KRR said:
    I don't drive, but I'd hate to drive in India if I did drive. I saw a video of someone hitting a cow and then getting beaten up by the locals. 

This made me laugh so much.
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    Maldonado.
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Lukedfrt said:
    Maldonado.
    Expected as much.

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    edited April 2014
    Lukedfrt said:
    Maldonado.
    Expected as much.
    Would probably blame someone else for a crash he caused lol
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

The traffic police.
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    edited April 2014
    I've had my L plates for a good year and a half now and I've done 2 1/2 hours of driving. (To get your P's in the ACT you need to have done at least 50 hours).

Saying that though, I started riding dirtbikes when I was 4 so i'll probably get my motorbike licence long before I get my driving licence. :P
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

I am yet to put L plates on my car lol. 
    I've had my L plates for a good year and a half now and I've done 2 1/2 hours of driving. (To get your P's in the ACT you need to have done at least 50 hours).

Saying that though, I started riding dirtbikes when I was 4 so i'll probably get my motorbike licence long before I get my driving licence. :P
    But you can drive all the roads in Canberra in around half an hour?

Down here, we need 120 hours but no one actually does all of them (legitimately at least).