Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

GP2/GP3

Comments

• mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Hughesy said:
    mike96 said:
    Look at these clouds, GP3 could be a wet race!
    Ha, that is going to be insane. How many crash at turn 1?  :#
    Who knows, they could even crash on the warm-up lap :p 
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    There are 15 rookies in GP3 this year, gonna be manic...

But a great GP2 race! Feel very sorry for Sirotkin, just a silly mistake and you could tell he was kicking himself over it, but it spiced it up, with a great move by Nato on Gasly. I still don't know how he got past him, I was sure they were going to crash!
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Good racing, but my favourite part was when they momentarily played the champagne music instead of the French national anthem :) 
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited May 2016
    Yea that was funny, somebody jumped the gun :joy:

Also Alex Jakes and Will Buxton make a great commentary team, better than the Sky F1 team.
    Hughesy said:

Also Alex Jakes and Will Buxton make a great commentary team, better than the Sky F1 team.
    Agree, I really like Buxton's commentary for GP2 and GP3. 
    Go Honda!
    Hughesy said:

Yes I forgot to say, I really enjoyed it. Alex Jakes has really developed into a top commentator, and Will Buxton is always fantastic.

Slightly off topic, but one commentator I cannot stand is John Hindhaugh. He commentates on the WEC, and last time out in Spa there were so many occasions where he either got things wrong or simply missed things out. It is the most annoying thing as a passionate fan when the commentator has got it wrong or can't work out why something has happened, and you're sitting on your sofa knowing completely what is going on. I get that feeling a lot with Hindhaugh. 
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    John Hindhaugh really isn't that great, but honestly he's still better than either of the BT Sport MotoGP commentators. Those 2 go off on some random tangent for a few minutes, then seem to realise they're supposed to be commentating on motorcycle racing, and suddenly snap back into what they were supposed to be doing. Happens at least once every race.
    How boring are these GP3 drivers, far too sensible for my liking.
    MBKF1 said:
    Hughesy said:

Yes I forgot to say, I really enjoyed it. Alex Jakes has really developed into a top commentator, and Will Buxton is always fantastic.

Slightly off topic, but one commentator I cannot stand is John Hindhaugh. He commentates on the WEC, and last time out in Spa there were so many occasions where he either got things wrong or simply missed things out. It is the most annoying thing as a passionate fan when the commentator has got it wrong or can't work out why something has happened, and you're sitting on your sofa knowing completely what is going on. I get that feeling a lot with Hindhaugh. 
    When it comes to WEC Martin Haven is #1, ofcourse he's only in Le Mans if I remember correct.
    Go Honda!
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    I really like John Hindhaugh because he's from Sunderland, but I haven't heard him commentate that much to give a fair judgement. He's a very good motorsport reporter though and must be a better commentator than Bob Varsha!

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

Lol GP2 qualifying cancelled.                      
    As I predicted, it took all of 5 seconds for the safety car to come out :joy:
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Pierre Gasly is not going to make it to Formula One.
    These restarts were so stupid from Matsushita, he deserved the ban he got.
    Go Honda!
    Utter, utter stupidity from Matsushita. Every single restart was poor, and dangerous. Completely deserves the ban.

But what about Pierre Gasly, by the time we get to Austria he will have gone over 1000 days without a race win. He's got many pole positions and has led many races but he just can't get that win.
    Just when you thought no series could 1 up F1 stupidity, this penalty happens,  even though it clearly went off while driving as footage showed 

• MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    That is the new stupidest thing I've ever heard and I'm friends with anarchists.
    I think Kyvat sabotaged the car, with a little help from this guy

That's so ridiculous. Can you imagine if that happened in a title decider in Formula 1?

Imagine this scenario. It's the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi and Lewis Hamilton is on much fresher tyres than those in front of him with 5 laps to go. He's gained 2 places in that time, and with title rival Nico Rosberg about to win the race, Lewis needs to take one more spot to finish 3rd which will give him the title.

Rosberg wins the race (after a superb drive where he had to make an extra pitstop compared to his rivals), and Hamilton makes a last gasp move to overtake Ricciardo on the line to take the P3 he needs, and he is the world champion, by 0.05 of a second. It's probably the most tense end to a championship we've ever seen, even better than in 2008.

Aaaaaaaand then it's taken away a couple of hours later because his f*cking fire extinguisher had nothing left in it. There would be outrage.
  • xTheDarkLightxxTheDarkLightx Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    I think the championship decider will be between my Prema boys Gio and Gasly and Gasly will win. I met him at goodwood and he definitely deserves to win after the bad luck he's had. Gio will win next year  ;)
    I be watched him since his debut in F3 so I would love him to win Gp2 and graduate as an F1 driver.