Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

GP2/GP3

124»

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I think Gasly needs to win this year to convince Red Bull that he's a better choice than Kvyat. It's his 2nd season in the series and you really need to win in one of those to have a proper chance at F1 (Palmer being the exception, winning in his 3rd season).

I think it'll come down to Gasly and Sirotkin. They've both had a couple of messy races this season and fingers crossed the rest will be a good clean fight with no issues.

Still sitting here hoping Alex Lynn will have a manic end of season winning all the remaining races. I can dream.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • xTheDarkLightxxTheDarkLightx Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    edited August 2016
    Sorry thought you meant something else...
  • xTheDarkLightxxTheDarkLightx Member, Drivers Pit Crew
    I want Giovanatzzi to win in his first year and shock everyone he's fast too, he could do it!
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    If Giovinazzi wins it in his debut season after jumping GP3, straight out of F3, he'd put a lot of drivers in the current field to shame. But I'd also expect him to not get a F1-seat out of it. Maybe it would be better to win it in his second season hypothetically, more spots avaliable then.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    GP2 becomes Formula 2!

I think it's a good thing, and I expect GP3 will merge with FIA Formula 3 in 2 or 3 years time as well, so the route to F1 will be streamlined and clear. Karting > National F4 > F3 > F2 > F1.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
124»