Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Spam?

Getting a bit ridiculous >:)

Comments

• Operator1Operator1 Member, Drivers Champion

Spam? What spam? I don't see any...

...Ow.

*Disclaimer: my comments are only my own musings, not 
    'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    #NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• ORARickORARick Member New Car Smell
    Nice work. Stupid bots. :)

On of the great mysteries of the world these oxygen thieves.

It's been a recurring problem here for months. Addressing it effectively doesn't appear to be a high priority.

#NeverPreOrder. It's outrageous that consumers have to BEG game companies to make games that reliably function properly. Consumers do NOT buy video games to waste their recreational time doing the unpaid work of paid professional testers. It's nonsense to imply game companies have no obligation to deliver games of consistently reliable functional quality just because "it's not easy & nothing is perfect & you can't please everybody." Company decision-makers listen to consumer spending, not consumer feedback; they don't care if it works properly as long as it SELLS, and every purchase is a vote of approval that helps fund more of the same. Money talks louder than requests & complaints. #VoteWithYourWallet

• jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Operator1 said:

It's been a recurring problem here for months. Addressing it effectively doesn't appear to be a high priority.

We're trying to address it as effectively as we can.
    Happy to be of help if I can. Being in a different time zone(Australia) may be of use. Realise I'm quite new here, because my community has only just started with a Codemasters product, but been an admin for OnlineRacingAustralasia for many years, so far from new to the admin side of things.

Not wanting, just offering.

Operator1 said:

We're trying to address it as effectively as we can.

So I see...

• SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    Thanks                             

Gone now :)                                                                    
    AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 1060 FTW/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

edited December 2015
    May I suggest ...

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html

Research also suggests that on phpBB forums the majority of spambots apparently originate from the Gmt-12 timezone. Might be worth a shot removing to see what happens.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Sorry guys for the spam, it's very irritating. Whenever I'm online and I see the spam bots I remove them as soon as I can but obviously I can't be around 24/7.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    edited December 2015
    Once again, just offering, I'm usually on about 5-6 hours prior to when MBKF1 made this post. I'm happy to get rid of the suckers as soon as they arrive. Seems to be around the same time as I come on.

Oh and I won't be going away for a fair while either. Our community is quite heavily into Dirt Rally now, with Community Events virtually non-stop.
  • LoggyLoggy Member Unleaded
    Can a simple character filter be implemented to stop this weird nonsense **** being posted ?