Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.02

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager

Hi! At 2pm today we released a patch. Here's the run down of the patch notes:

·         We’ve fixed a number of co driver call issues in German, French, Italian and Spanish.

·         We’ve found some parts lying around in the back of the service areas so you can now upgrade your Hyundai Rally Car.

·         Need more snow in your life? Custom championships now include Sweden.

·         Fixed a missing Italian text string in the part failure message.

·         Fixed a number of graphical issues including; Opaque windows on Rallycross AI cars, a corrupt texture after partly detaching the rear bumper in the rain, some weird flickering in bonnet cam when switching the Virtual Rear View Mirror on and some glowing thing on Holjes.

Comments

• RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    edited December 2015
    No news about the League settings being... well, not being?

For those not getting the update, restart Steam.

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • franklyshanklyfranklyshankly Member Unleaded
    Good! 
    Next wait for a major patch 1.1

ps and at least a new car :) :) :)
  • SoapMacTavishSoapMacTavish Member New Car Smell
    I would love to have the option to drive ANY car on ANY track. 
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Since this Uopdate i can't play the game any more. Always  i've got Crash To Desktop after loading screem...
    :'(

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    BTW Steam Integrity check solved the problem

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• TPJPTPJP Member Wheel Nut
    Still can't play RX events, they load forever.. :'( Tried the integrity check and re-downloading the game but still have the problem.
    DR: RacerAce27
  • SnelleEddieSnelleEddie Member Unleaded

Thank you for this update.

Is there any info regarding the SLI + missing weather effects issue? I have been begging for a fix for that since ages. Please.

• Rygar86Rygar86 Member Race Steward
    +1

Can this be in an update of the future please? Surely letting us race any car on the rallyx stages would not be too much effort and it would really enhance the game.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Can imagine all sorts of licencing issues with the WRX licence but would be good to know if that is the case and/or if the same restrictions apply to Pike's Peak. If they do, I wonder if that's a result of the PP licence or some of the car ones that prevent crossover (for example, Audi don't want the S1 used on rally stages or Peugeot don't want the 205 E2 and 205 PP comparing).

Hope there's a way to do it with some cars, or that the track can be put into rally mode along with reverse/night versions.

Wrong thread for that, sorry - thanks for the updates, the continued support is appreciated.
  • phil94maphil94ma Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2015
    Since when  could you hear the fans celebrating on a stage? :open_mouth: 
    phil94ma said:
    Since when  could you hear the fans celebrating on a stage? :open_mouth: 
    Since the end of September with Flying Finalnd release, I guess
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Since always, but new crowd sounds since WW.
    F2CMaDMaXX said:
    Since always, but new crowd sounds since WW.

I noticed even after a WW release, the crowd sounds different in Finland and in Sweden.
    But I heard a new swedish ringing bells ar RX events also...in Sweden too, perhaps. Not sure if it's a bug, or a typical scandinavian fans 
  • MekisMekis Member New Car Smell
    You can. Select custom event.
    The crowd sounds were fine until RX came out, then they had the same crowd sounds for rally and RX, but the sound was changed to the arena style cheering etc. So the rally stages sounded wrong.

Now I haven't paid enough attention to see if the sounds change between stages, I doubt it, but they might have two versions for rally now, I have heard the bells but not the cow bells *I think*

Hard for me right now due to race net issues stopping me playing much.
  • enamelenamel Member Race Steward
    Mekis said:
    You can. Select custom event.
    He means things like rally cars on Pikes Peak, RX cars on rally stages, etc.
  • MicFiftyFourMicFiftyFour Member New Car Smell
    Not only one word about the useless league creation system! there are so many posts about this an no only one word! Sorry Codies this is a shame... Some sentence, maybe, "we are working on it" or anything like this. But nothing. The only important Multiplayer Feature is totally useless and you don't give the fans any information. Can't understand this...
    Of course they're working on it, it broke in the 1.0 patch, it'll get fixed.
  • steviejbsteviejb Member Wheel Nut
    Not only one word about the useless league creation system! there are so many posts about this an no only one word! Sorry Codies this is a shame... Some sentence, maybe, "we are working on it" or anything like this. But nothing. The only important Multiplayer Feature is totally useless and you don't give the fans any information. Can't understand this...
    I asked Paul on Twitter about the current league issues and alt+F4, got this: