Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally not saving after quitting

Every time i exit the game and then start it up again everything i had done gets deleted so i have to do it again.. It's really annyoing because i had to redo about 5 hours of gameplay and when i then started the game up another time nothing saved.. What can i do to prevent this from happening?

Comments

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Team Principal
    This sounds like the Racenet issue that i have.  Check if you can log into online events after each stage, that'll tell you if you're still saving progress.
  • versediversedi Member Champion
    edited January 2016
    I've had that problem in the past. Things I've done  in order to fix it:

Verify that 'enable cloud sync' is unchecked in Steam Library, DiRT:Rally (rt-click on DiRT in your Steam Games Library, properties, update tab).
    That is step one. Leave it unchecked even after you are up and running again. (I've enabled it after some time and it works now so that may depends)

- In Windows Explorer, browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\\310560 and uncheck the Read Only box and apply to sub-folders. It will appear to revert / re-check itself right away. Ignore that and proceed anyway.

- Same directory - make owner your user. - Set drt.exe to "Run As Administrator"

- Verify the Game Cache for Dirt, again in Steam, game properties.

- if nothing of above did worked: Start the game and discard the active Championship. Every event until you have a new Championship, which requires going back to main menu to reset the 'Discard' option after the first event. Start a new Championship and it should work. Even then asuming it works, go to your driver profile in-game and hit 'save driver profile' (careful not to hit 'reset profile' - that would be bad). I save profile after every few events and definitely before I exit the game, every time. Manually bumping it this way seems to keep it working. I still get error 41 sometimes, like if the game crashes on alt-tabbing, but with a game restart I am back up and running - haven't had to re-verify etc. since learning to manually force saves. Good Luck! If I missed anything I apologise.

EDIT: I almost forgot: Space on your main drive (C:\) seems to be related - make sure you have at least 5 Gigs free on it. Here is a decent link to peruse if I missed anything: http://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/613956964587816157/

P.S. What's your windows username?
  • SporadikSporadik Member New Car Smell
    I've had this same problem recently as well where it doesn't save my progress. I've done 4 rallies and it didn't save. I'm so pissed off. Seems like it started around the time the game loses connection to Racenet. Until I see a patch for the game I'm not gonna waste more time. Why the hell do these games need to connect to racenet online to save progress of an offline mode? So f***ing stupid. *smh*
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Team Principal
    Sporadik said:
    I've had this same problem recently as well where it doesn't save my progress. I've done 4 rallies and it didn't save. I'm so pissed off. Seems like it started around the time the game loses connection to Racenet. Until I see a patch for the game I'm not gonna waste more time. Why the hell do these games need to connect to racenet online to save progress of an offline mode? So f***ing stupid. *smh*
    @Sporadik I had this exact problem too, as has someone else i saw, the issue is that DR is seeing a file(s) that it does not like.

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not fix it.
    Revalidating the cache did not fix it.
    Deleting all files and folders from the dirt rally install folder, then running a cache validation *DID* fix it.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    Deleting all files and folders from the dirt rally install folder, then running a cache validation *DID* fix it.
    Had the same problem, I can confirm that this worked
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • clintusmaximusclintusmaximus Member New Car Smell
    this is literally driving me mad. I have tried every fix available ive found on the net and nothing seems to work. Dirt Rally will NOT save my progress. No matter what I try, fresh install, burning incense, voodoo dolls, nothing works!!! I performed all the above fixes and it works for a bit then reverts back.
  • McSebiMcSebi Member New Car Smell
    edited August 19
    this is literally driving me mad. I have tried every fix available ive found on the net and nothing seems to work. Dirt Rally will NOT save my progress. No matter what I try, fresh install, burning incense, voodoo dolls, nothing works!!! I performed all the above fixes and it works for a bit then reverts back.
    Try using ProcessMonitor to find out why the game doesn't save your progress
    "Path" "contains" "Dirt 4";
    enable Auto-Save
    Take a screenshot of the program on what comes up right after