Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Xbox One patch notes - LIVE 26/01/2016

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
As requested, here are the latest Xbox One patch notes for your perusal ahead of its release:

Sports Updates

• Updated the car model / livery for Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Force India, McLaren, Lotus and Manor.
  • Adjusted the relative performance of the teams and drivers based on the season’s results.
  • Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.

General Bug Fixes & Improvements

• Added a Strict corner cutting rules option and made the strict rules even stricter than they were previously following community feedback.
  • Full practice is now available in Quick Race.
  • Corrected a problem with the corner cutting rules that could mean you get a penalty even if you run wide and lost time.
  • The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
  • AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time in qualifying sessions.
  • AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
  • AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
  • The D-Pad menu is now more responsive.
  • Engine cooling in clean air has been improved to prevent unnecessary engine overheating.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
  • Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic AI lap times in practice and qualifying.
  • Fixed rain effects sometimes being present on a dry track after previously playing a wet session.
  • Fixed tyre compound being incorrectly shown as selected when loading a car setup at the start of a one-shot qualifying session.
  • Fixed the top leaderboard entry becoming corrupt after re-viewing the table.
  • Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
  • Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map.

Multiplayer Fixes & Improvements

• Improved chances of finding multiplayer hopper games.
  • Added additional information to lobbies so players can see how much progress has been made in the current session.
  • Fixed an issue where players would get their fuel locked to 100kg in qualifying sessions.
  • Fixed an issue where players who qualified outside the top ten would not be able to change their tyres at the start of a race.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not change their tyres on the grid after completing an earlier OSQ session on the same track.
  • Fixed some framerate and lag spike issues that would cause incorrect car-to-car collisions.
  • Fixed a bug that meant connections with limited upload bandwidth would appear laggy while on track and eventually disconnect.
  • Fixed an issue where the race could be flagged as complete on the incorrect lap (including at the start of the race).
  • Fixed an issue that would cause a players car to always be ghosted during timed qualifying sessions.
  • Fixed a bug which made the screen pulse black when spectating specific cars in specific circumstances.
  • Made the hopper lobby countdown timer longer and prevented it from starting for a short time if there are not many players in the session to try to allow more people to join.
  • Changed the hopper grid order to random, so now the players Mercedes cars will not always start on the front row.
  • Removed the AI from all hoppers.
  • Removed the assist restrictions from the Hardcore hopper.
  • Banning ABS in the session settings will now implicitly ban braking assist.

UPDATE: AS OF 26/01/2016 THIS PATCH HAS NOW BEEN RELEASED
Post edited by jennyannem on

Comments

• phurplephurple Member Unleaded
    Thanks for these! :) Looking forward to trying out this patch, hopefully it will work out okay!
  • xPexplosionxPexplosion Member New Car Smell
    Am very looking forward to this! Big one indeed. Proud of ya codies :)
  • kelsh003kelsh003 Member New Car Smell
    Just the PC patch now...hopefully anyway
  • STABIL45STABIL45 Member New Car Smell
    I don't have the update on my console, when is it comming ?
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    STABIL45 said:
    The patch isn't live yet. We'll let you know when it is!
  • unknown113unknown113 Member Pit Crew
    bit late for this no? 2016 season is just around the corner.
    ------
    Spurs and F1
  • hobbsy777hobbsy777 Member Petrol Head
    edited January 2016

• Updated the tyres for Russia to Super Soft and Soft.

General Bug Fixes & Improvements.

• The player is now correctly disqualified for not using both compounds in a dry weather race.
    • AI will no longer all leave the garage at the same time in qualifying sessions.
    • AI will no longer use Prime tyres in Q2.
    • AI will always do two runs in Short Qualifying and Q3.
    • The D-Pad menu is now more responsive..
    • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause OSD messages to remain on screen or to never display.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause new tyres to be too cold when they’re put on at a pit stop.
    • Fixed a problem that could cause unrealistic AI lap times in practice and qualifying.
    • Corrected the number of laps for the Mexican Grand Prix.
    • Removed the incorrect second DRS detection zone from the Mexico mini map.
                 All of this stuff we already got on PC last November, so if  PC is following XB1 & PS4, what is PC going to get that is of  enough
                 significance to start using this game once more?
    Desktop PC - W7, 64bit.
    4690k @4.4g o/c
    Asus Z97-A mb.
    16g ram @1866Mhz 9-10-9
    Asus STRIX GTX970 4g.
    LG 27" 1920X1080 display.
    Logitech G27 wheel + pedals
  • AvengerrrAvengerrr Member, Drivers New Car Smell
    Damn I'm glad I didn't hold on to the game for this. All of that feedback I gave to @Lozzy about the braking issues on the G920 over a month ago and not one single related fix (I even submitted a bug report two months ago!). For sure I'll be avoiding F1 2016 at all costs. Not going to waste my money on a new game only to have the same problem and not be listened or responded to about it.
  • dazza83dazza83 Member New Car Smell
    Avengerrr said:
    Damn I'm glad I didn't hold on to the game for this. All of that feedback I gave to @Lozzy about the braking issues on the G920 over a month ago and not one single related fix (I even submitted a bug report two months ago!). For sure I'll be avoiding F1 2016 at all costs. Not going to waste my money on a new game only to have the same problem and not be listened or responded to about it.
    theres still hope they maybe fixed, but not worth putting on the patch list. but if not what a joke. they obviously dont have a g920 at the office, because if they did they would see how bad it is. plus not even a fix for the wheel going back to 900 degrees if you dashboard. 
    i'll be avoiding f1 16 also.
  • VeNOM2099VeNOM2099 Member New Car Smell
    so.... no fix for the AI aggressiveness + slip stream effect?? I've been waiting 6 months for a fix that LOZZY himself acknowledged was a problem with the slip streaming being overpowered. It was a problem that was documented before and right after the last Xbox patch. 

Can't say i'm happy about this as basically this makes the game STILL unplayable for me. Disapointed... :/
  • aaron685aaron685 Member Wheel Nut
    VeNOM2099 said:
    so.... no fix for the AI aggressiveness + slip stream effect?? I've been waiting 6 months for a fix that LOZZY himself acknowledged was a problem with the slip streaming being overpowered. It was a problem that was documented before and right after the last Xbox patch. 

Can't say i'm happy about this as basically this makes the game STILL unplayable for me. Disapointed... :/
    Personally I think the slip streaming in the game is fine also the AI are just right in terms of aggression they sometimes even make mistakes and there can be crashes that make certain races exciting 
  • Vytenis007Vytenis007 Member New Car Smell
    No custom lobbies ? or I miss something ?
  • phurplephurple Member Unleaded
    STABIL45 said:
    The patch isn't live yet. We'll let you know when it is!
    Also do you know if the changes will apply mid-championship season or will I have to wait till after I finish it? Currently at the Italian GP. Thanks 
  • MatthewT2001MatthewT2001 Member Wheel Nut
    Avengerrr said:
    Damn I'm glad I didn't hold on to the game for this. All of that feedback I gave to @Lozzy about the braking issues on the G920 over a month ago and not one single related fix (I even submitted a bug report two months ago!). For sure I'll be avoiding F1 2016 at all costs. Not going to waste my money on a new game only to have the same problem and not be listened or responded to about it.  I've had the exact same problem with the G920. Can't believe codemasters wouldn't fix it after I spent £45 on the game and £180 on a wheel.
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    Lozzy said:
    Obviously we're not happy it's taken this long to get the patch out for Xbox One and we apologise that it's taken this long, especially compared to the patches for the other platforms. But that's not for lack of trying, we've been working on this for a while but the Christmas break cost us a lot of time and finding a serious bug right at the end of testing when updating from the live build with a mid session save to this patch that could have meant any Championship Season save with this issue would have to be restarted meant we simply could not consider releasing it no matter how small the chance that anyone would see the bug. We've fixed that now and it will be released as soon as Microsoft have approved it.

F1 2015 has been a challenging project for us and there are a lot of bugs that we've not been able to address but to fix everything reported while making a whole new game for release this summer is just not possible. I think it's fair to say that the on track experience is the best it's ever been and that's a solid starting point for the future. We know there was a lack of game content compared to the previous years and we're working to remedy that and will be talking about what you can look forward to soon enough.

phurple you'll see the changes straight away once the patch is applied.

Avengerrr, dazza83 & MatthewT2001 I'm sorry we couldn't get that fixed. The controllers system is something that's high up our list of things to address for 16.

VeNOM2099 slipstreaming is a bit overpowered, I raised this with them but that's how the design team wanted it and they're happy with it. We can't please everyone but I don't accept it makes the game unplayable, it's just not to your taste. We felt it was worth having that effect exaggerated so players  would see more overtakes in general.

hobbsy777 you'll get the PC patch notes in the next few (working) days.

@Lozzy and the PS4 patch when?