Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Ayrton Senna

DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
edited April 2014 in World of Motorsport
Hello everyone. You may know that the time is near of the passing of Ayrton Senna and I just wanted to write a few things about him. He is defiantly my favorite Formula 1 driver of all time. He was the best of the best and push the car to limit even to the impossible. He was focused and was always looking for improvement. I would have loved to see one of his races in real life. Ayrton Senna was the kind of guy that always went for the gap. He said one time that, "If you are no longer going for the gap then you are not a real racing driver." He was defiantly a real racing driver. I love the design on his helmet as well you can never mistake it for anyone else, when you see the yellow and green you always go, "There's Ayrton!" I wish the Senna family the best and before I end this thread I have some pictures and achievements of Ayrton Senna, The greatest Formula 1 driver in the would. :-bd

Ayrton Senna: March 21, 1960 - May 1, 1994

Races: 162
Championships: 3 (1988, 1990, 1991)
Wins: 41
Podiums: 80
Pole Positions: 65
Fastest Laps: 19
First Win: 1985 Portuguese Grand Prix

Your the BEST SENNA!
I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).

Comments

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Yes a great shame that he passed away :(

Also Barrichello nearly died the same weekend.
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    I don't think Ratzenberger's death got overshadowed. Well, at first, yeah. But to put it bluntly, we have loads of people who point out every year how we must remember Ratzenberger as well. We wouldn't have had that if Senna didn't die that weekend as well. Ratzenberger would have been a forgotten man by now. Do we remember who died before him? Not in the same manner.

So as a whole, I think Senna's death probably made sure Ratzenberger will at least never be forgotten, which to me is one of the greatest honors you can have, if not the greatest.

• KRTheIcemanKRTheIceman Member Pit Crew
    edited April 2014
    Jiggy said:
    I don't think Ratzenberger's death got overshadowed. Well, at first, yeah. But to put it bluntly, we have loads of people who point out every year how we must remember Ratzenberger as well. We wouldn't have had that if Senna didn't die that weekend as well. Ratzenberger would have been a forgotten man by now. Do we remember who died before him? Not in the same manner.

So as a whole, I think Senna's death probably made sure Ratzenberger will at least never be forgotten, which to me is one of the greatest honors you can have, if not the greatest.

Elio De Angelis died before him, that was and still is a very notable incident, I would agree that Paletti who was the last driver to die in an actual race before Roland was largely forgotten. To be honest the main reason people speak of Senna is because nobody expected it to happen to him of all people.
  • BritpointBritpoint Member, Codemasters Codemasters Employee
    The death of Ayrton Senna is my first memory of Formula One. That saddens me.
    Game Designer at Codemasters. Opinions expressed are my own.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    I think what has been said about how Ratzenberger would be forgotten without Senna's death is true to an extent as sad as it is. It is the same reason people remember that crash from Barrichello that nearly killed him I think. 

I'm just glad that F1 has reached a point where it is actually somewhat safe, I don't think I could watch a sport that could kill someone every few weekends.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

Britpoint said:
    My first memory was of Donnington because when I was a kid I lived there, but as a kid my biggest memory was of his death sadly. 
  • jordieDAFCjordieDAFC Member Race Steward
    Senna is on ITV4 at 10:30 tonight if any of you are interested :P
    Sergio Perez - Nico Rosberg - Fernando Alonso - Mclaren Honda
    Dunfermline Athletic - Ajax - Manchester United
    Green Bay Packers #GoPackGo #GreenNineteen

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Britpoint said:

Although it wasn't my first memory I hadn't been watching F1 long before it happened because that wsa when I started to get into it remember watching live on TV as it happened too.

Jiggy said:

I think it's more down to the fact that Senna was a 3 time champion of the sport as far as I can remember Ratzenberger didn't win anything. I know that doesn't make it easier on his family and friends at the time but it's an unfortunate truth

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

So your saying he was a nobody compared to a Champion?
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• trusaketrusake Member New Car Smell
    The only reason because anybody think he's the best of the best is because he died racing. Vettel is better than Senna and he's still alive.
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    trusake said:
    The only reason because anybody think he's the best of the best is because he died racing. Vettel is better than Senna and he's still alive.
    I think Senna is still the best.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal
    trusake said:
    Agree with the first part, strongly disagree with the 2nd one.
    edited May 2014

Delete please post never posted
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

edited May 2014
    Seems posting is broken at the moment
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

edited May 2014
    Vettel is better than Senna?? don't make me laugh, none of the drivers today can drive the machines they did back in the 80s

Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

Britpoint said:

Although it wasn't my first memory I hadn't been watching F1 long before it happened because that wsa when I started to get into it remember watching live on TV as it happened too.

Jiggy said:

I think it's more down to the fact that Senna was a 3 time champion of the sport as far as I can remember Ratzenberger didn't win anything. I know that doesn't make it easier on his family and friends at the time but it's an unfortunate truth
    He was actually a very quick driver and a great development driver for the team. He'd had some cracking races in the GT class or whatever it was called then.
    Britpoint said:

Jiggy said:

He was actually a very quick driver and a great development driver for the team. He'd had some cracking races in the GT class or whatever it was called then.
  • MexicolaMexicola Member Race Engineer
    trusake said:
    You have no idea what you're talking about.