Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DRC - DiRT Rally Championship

SkyRexSkyRex Member Co-Driver

I may present you a new league.  The Dirt Rally Championship. 

DRC - DiRT Rally Championship

First of all it is opened for everybody, so everybody who feels like participating can do so, no matter how active you are in the forum, and you will not be kicked if you might be inactive for some weeks (As long as you're not cheating of course). If you have ambitions for winning regular participation might be helpful though. On to the rules:
  • Every DRC-Season will consist of 6 events covering all 6 locations.
  • One Season has to be completed with the same car!
  • Every event (rally) will last for 72 hours.
  • After each Season will be a 72 hour cooldown (winter-break), to set up the next season and give everybody some time to prepare. 
  • Each Rally will consist of 7 Stages
  • The first 6 Stages will only consist of the 4 long stages (2 will be repeated).
  • SS1 ,SS4 and SS7 will have Service Parks.
  • SS 7 will always be a short stage.
  • Every Rally contains min. 1 but max. 2 SS's in the night. 
  • Restarts are disabled, AltF4ing is prohibited and will be punished if discovered.
  • The season winner will choose the car-class for the next season.

Having a Service Park 3 stages apart highly encourages less risky driving (as real world), as you have to cover 30-40km of stage between services. The winner of each Season earns a personal badge to show off in their signature (or wherever), like this one:

The winner also earns the right to choose the car class for the next Season. 
 The Seasons will be chronologically ordered. The choosable car classes are the following:

60's / 70's / 80's /
Group B (RWD+AWD) /
Late Group B (S4 and 205) /
Group A /
early 2000's (the 01'cars) /
late 2000's (Focus Mk2 and Citroen C4) /
R4 / KitCar / 2010's

HALL OF CHAMPIONS

Season   /   Vehicle Class   /    Winner 
  1.    early 2000's  / CrazyNevada
  2.   1970's / Headquake137 
  3.  GrpA / bugged, no champion
  4.   2010's  / running

The DiRT Legendary Trophy
https://www.dirtgame.com/leagues/league/34459/drc---legendary
The DiRT Legendary Trophy, powered by the DRC. It is a seperate competition and fully independent from the DRC standings. It consists of 24 stages with over 270km of road and covers all countries available. It only has 2 Service Parks  , one after the first quarter and one at the half way-point (after 12 stages). Saving your car and driving more catiously is the key here. "To finish first, you first have to finish" is what you shall have in mind. Car choice is completely free for everone here. 
Everybody, who finished the Legendary Trophy (read as: Not retired) is allowed to wear one of these Badges in their signature:

----------------------------

Anybody seen with such a badge, who didn't earn it will be kicked from this league without further notice! 

Cheers, 
SkyRex
Post edited by SkyRex on

Comments

• PaloSamoPaloSamo Member Pit Crew
    How is a service area right before Power Stage realistic-ish? That doesn't happen IRL. Just saying ;) 
  • FloatingGrassFloatingGrass Member Pit Crew
    I'm in! But, will you add bonus points for the power stage results?
    Expect none and 10/10 times you won't be disappointed.
  • DytutDytut Member Race Engineer
    More active leagues is never a bad thing, I'm in :-)
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    Well, good luck with this one.                                

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • teknoid85teknoid85 Member Wheel Nut
    you have done it great!!!!

i'm already in!  :)

btw:  how you can control how's alt+f4-ing???  is it possible?  i hope so. and anticheating too
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    I love this setup, and also love the repeating of stages like during real rally events :] 

I'm in! 

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• BrySkyeBrySkye Member Champion
    Oi now, I reserve the name of DiRT Rally Championship! :P 

• KevMKevM Member Champion
    I have joined already!   Should be fun. 

• YoMrWhiteYoMrWhite Member Co-Driver
    Joined in, too. Going to skip the swedish test round, though.
    Daryl Willcox on Steam and leaderboards
  • SkyRexSkyRex Member Co-Driver
    There will be no last winner for the first season to pick teh car class, obviously, so post what you like to begin with. 
    I'd vote for Group A as the starting point. or maybe early 2000's... still unsure...
  • ceriquecerique Member New Car Smell
    This sounds like fun, count me in. Group A gets my vote to start with.

I'm fine with Group A, too. Let's hope they fix the leagues next week.

• FloatingGrassFloatingGrass Member Pit Crew
    All up for early 20000000000000000000's.
    Expect none and 10/10 times you won't be disappointed.
  • kobeshowkobeshow Member Unleaded
    2000s would be cool, I have not done a League in that class yet.
    Great news from the roadbook everybody ! If everything goes acording to CM's plan we can launch the first DRC-Season on Tuesday.
    Especially nice is the 'Checkpoint' feature as a step-back-point for unexpected exits. That means I will only set the very first stage up to be a checkpoint, So if any Alt-F4-ing is happening they have to start the whole event again. 

Anybody else have a wish for car class to start with? If nothing else is said against it I will set up the first season for the early 2000's, so get comfortable with either the Subaru '01 or the Focus '01 .

Cheers
  • teknoid85teknoid85 Member Wheel Nut
    2000's is ok for me :)          but tooooooooooooo short
    Early 2000s sounds good to me, as well as checkpoint only at the first stage.
    edited February 2016
    I'm currently in the process of setting up the Subaru to  my liking for Tramac/Gravel/snow, for the start of the first DRC Season. And I just found a very nice tarmac setup that feels very nice grippy and planted on the road. To my own surprise I managed to get a time which was a little less than 3 sec behind Porkhammer and Nr. 21 on the World Leaderboard :) Actually I'm the second fastest Subaru on that track now (behind Porkhammer; Nr1 is obviously cheated...) : 

Another thing: First position in a championship can only claim victory if he/she has a forum account and can post here, Otherwise the second place will choose the next car class (and so on...). So for everybody where the names doesn't allign with their forum name it might be nice if you would post your ingame name here.

P.S. Do you want to have the locations in the same order every season or do you prefer random order? I will setup the first season roughly like the WRC-calendar: Monte Carlo, Sweden, Greece, Finland, Germany , Wales 
  • Lynx2000Lynx2000 Member Wheel Nut
    same order every season in WRC order pls. My ingame name is the same as my forum name.
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    SkyRex said:
    I'm currently in the process of setting up the Subaru to  my liking for Tramac/Gravel/snow, for the start of the first DRC Season. And I just found a very nice tarmac setup that feels very nice grippy and planted on the road. To my own surprise I managed to get a time which was a little less than 3 sec behind Porkhammer and Nr. 21 on the World Leaderboard :) Actually I'm the second fastest Subaru on that track now (behind Porkhammer; Nr1 is obviously cheated...) : 

Your League looked really promising, until you posted this ^^^