Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

PS4 Patch Notes - LIVE 27/01/2016

jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
This patch is due to go live soon, but in the meantime, here are the patch notes for your reading pleasure:

PS4 – v1.07

• Increased the severity of the strict rules.
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when loading a mid-session save created on a previous version of the game.
  • Fixed a bug where some players would not have the strict corner cutting rules enabled despite the host setting them to be on.
  • Fixed an issue where players could not change their tyres on the grid after completing an earlier OSQ session on the same track.
  • Fixed an issue where the host would be unable to see a client’s car after they selected the “return to garage” option.
  • Fixed an issue where a player could be prevented from leaving their garage after another player selected the “return to garage” option.
  • Fixed an issue where players joining sessions in progress would slow down transitions to and from the lobby.
  • Fixed an issue where a session would fail to start if multiple players joined simultaneously.
UPDATE: As of 27/01/2016 this patch is now live.
Post edited by Lozzy on

Comments

• JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    edited January 2016
    @jennyannem ; What about the OSD problems in which second and behind cars can't see the gap between them and the behind car if this gap is more than 5 seconds or so????
    We are losing important strategic information with that problem!!!
  • danielwilsondanielwilson Member New Car Smell
    Hello! 

What is with the another Bugs and Errors in the Game on the PS4?

---> Kvjat and Maldonado goes out in every Q1. 

---> McLaren is faster than Kvjat. McLaren comes in 8 from 19 Races in Q3

---> It is in a Championship-Season every the same Start-Grid. Mercedes - Vettel, Räikkönen - Bottas, Massa - Ricciardo, Perez. Bottas is always quicker than Massa

---> The AI do not always two runs in Q3

• peanutt2000peanutt2000 Member Pit Crew
    Not fixed the problem with the ai doing 4/5 stops in 100% races then? I'll just wait for 2016 then.
  • aaron685aaron685 Member Wheel Nut
    Hello! 

---> It is in a Championship-Season every the same Start-Grid. Mercedes - Vettel, Räikkönen - Bottas, Massa - Ricciardo, Perez. Bottas is always quicker than Massa

Surely you don't get the same starting grid at every single race it is different sometimes 
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    edited January 2016
    aaron685 said:
    Hello! 

Surely you don't get the same starting grid at every single race it is different sometimes 
    Really? The McLaren's managing Q3 in Monza isn't a problem? Kimi being blisteringly quick in both seasons for some reason. Q3 cars still getting in the way of each other. Car's starting runs despite not having enough time to start another flying lap, etc., etc...
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
    aaron685 said:
    Hello! 

Really? The McLaren's managing Q3 in Monza isn't a problem? Kimi being blisteringly quick in both seasons for some reason. Q3 cars still getting in the way of each other. Car's starting runs despite not having enough time to start another flying lap, etc., etc...
    No I didn't say anything about the problems you mentioned I just said surely he can't be getting the same starting grid at every race. Of course McLaren managing Q3 is a problem, cars getting in the way of each other etc.. 
  • mixmax83mixmax83 Member Unleaded
    @jennyannem ;Fixed the problem that the AI gets DSQ for blocking pit lane?
    aaron685 said:
    aaron685 said:
    Hello! 

No I didn't say anything about the problems you mentioned I just said surely he can't be getting the same starting grid at every race. Of course McLaren managing Q3 is a problem, cars getting in the way of each other etc.. 
    But that's the thing. Those mixed grids happen because of those issues. Of course, it would be better to see some mixed up grid positions, but only if there is a good reason for this to happen; AI throwing away a lap, certain tracks catering to certain cars, or just a shower mixing up the order.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • cdrwmagnexcdrwmagnex Member Co-Driver
    edited January 2016
    @jennyannem @Lozzy ; no fix for the horrible rubber stripes in replay?
    AOR F1 driver - PSN & AOR FORUM NICKNAME: DrCarter33
    aaron685 said:
    aaron685 said:
    Hello! 

But that's the thing. Those mixed grids happen because of those issues. Of course, it would be better to see some mixed up grid positions, but only if there is a good reason for this to happen; AI throwing away a lap, certain tracks catering to certain cars, or just a shower mixing up the order.
    The only solution I have for this problem is to do one shot quali and as soon as you start your lap retire.. It gives you realistic grid positions and sometimes the grid is mixed up.. Eg a Ferrari or Williams on pole with the Mercs right behind in 3rd and 4th.. Only downside is of course you don't qualify and start from the back 
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    edited January 2016
    Looking promising @jennyannem ! Looking forward to try the improved strict rules. But have the online mid-race ''kicked from session'' and blue error screen problems been fixed as well? @Lozzy ;And the start de-synchronization causing jump-starts/incorrect gap timing?
    Post edited by Worntoathread on
  • unknown113unknown113 Member Pit Crew
    not fixed: AI doing 5-6-7-8 stops in a race.
    ------
    Spurs and F1
  • ffigueirffigueir Member Wheel Nut
    edited January 2016
    I play 100% races , Championship season, AI at Legend and I've noticed that in every single race, my car is always heavier than AI drivers in the first laps. It seems to me that the fuel load doesn't exist in AI cars. They seem to always have the same gas tank level. Has anyone else noticed the same ?? This has a strong impact in my race results since at the beginning of the race when my car tank is full, I drive 2 seconds slower than AI.
  • Bcolt93Bcolt93 Member Petrol Head
    does soon mean by the end of this week or sometime next week?
  • jennyannemjennyannem Member, Codemasters Community Manager
    Just to let you all know that the PS4 patch is due to go live today :)
    • Increased the severity of the strict rules.
    You weren't kidding. I have to take a new approach to the Ascari chicane now...

• KevRusskiKevRusski Member Pit Crew
    Looking promising @jennyannem ! Looking forward to try the improved strict rules. But have the online mid-race ''kicked from session'' and blue error screen problems been fixed as well? @Lozzy ;And the start de-synchronization causing jump-starts/incorrect gap timing?
    very important this one. Any feedback codies?
  • JuanCarMRJuanCarMR Member Wheel Nut
    edited January 2016
    @Lozzy @jennyannem OSD failure continuous without being patched...

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/38428/osd-failure#latest

Since SEPTEMBER 2015 when I posted it, and you were aware on that days:

Lozzy said:
    If the gap is more than five seconds the OSD element does not show the gap. That's something we're aware of.

JuanCarMR said:
    @Lozzy that video shows that on OSD (HUD) is not showed the gap between me (Prodriver) and the behind car (Tachuli) after the patch, and IMO is crucial to know because of the strategies, to change it if the behind car is cutting back the distance with you during the pitstop window for instance. Please take in to account, please!!!

I had also gived you that feedback before the pacth but you do not do further action on it:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/27138/online-bugs-after-patch-on-ps4

JuanCarMR said:
    As you can see in the video:

https://youtu.be/4UZsjkxb21k

Three main bugs we saw during the last season:

- Fuel bug on qualifying. The fuel on qualifying I put was only 5kg, and as you can see on (03:24 minute for instance) is that the fuel is 100kg or so, and it is impossible to reduce the fuel load in all the season.
    - Behind gap (dont exist sometimes). You can see on the race the gap with the fore car, but not with the behind one as you can see between 39:43 and 39:51.
    - Suzuka elements dissapear. The 100mtrs sign on curve 8 (40:37 for instance) and the sticks on curve 16 (39:51 for instance).

I don't know how to think about Codemasters when not fix what they have bad and nor explain why not fix....

• peanutt2000peanutt2000 Member Pit Crew
    Not played f1 with the new patch and don't really intend to if I'm honest. But for anyone who has played with the new patch do the ai still do 4/5 pit stops in 100% races?
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    @jennyannem @Lozzy Great job with the new strict system, it's finally become impossible to gain an advantage by cutting on purpose! :) Very pleased with that. There was one concerning problem though; there were still players (including me) that didn't have strict enabled in some online sessions, for me they only started working after I hosted a lobby with strict enabled myself, after 2 sessions where strict was working for everyone but me..