Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Confusing Car Name Thread: S1/E2, 22B/WRC etc…

tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
As we keep getting reoccurring posts on the naming of certain cars, I thought I would compile a thread with all the answers in one place. So, for any future discussions, people can be directed here.

If you’re here because someone has linked you to this thread, then chances are you have posted one of the dreaded trigger words. Now what did you say?

I said S1E2.
Go to post 2.

I said 22B.

Go to post 3.
Post edited by tbtstt on

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Comments

• tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    * Reserved for any other car that cause continual debates*

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Is it "Reliant Robin" or "Robin Reliant" ?
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
    Reliant Robin. Wikipedia has got this one right and there is no excuse for the latter! :smiley: 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    Good job, but what about the Subarudi S1 E22B? xD

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • SkiddyMcCrashSkiddyMcCrash Member Champion
    In this game? It's called RS200 ;)

AMD [email protected]/EVGA GTX 1060 FTW/16gb RAM/OS - Win 10/Turtle Beach X11/360pad                                 View - Front Bumper Cam/No Assists

The only Reliant product that everyone wants in a rally game!  ;)

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• BrySkyeBrySkye Member Champion
    edited January 2016
    tbtstt said:

The only Reliant product that everyone wants in a rally game!  ;)
    Only because most people don't realise Del Boy and Rodney actually had a Reliant Regal!
  • VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    edited February 2016
    What do we make of this, from Scalectrix:

• RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    The amount of cheapness in that is almost offending.

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
    I mean they call it the S1...

What do we make of this, from Scalectrix:

That someone at Scalextric needs to do some more research @VirtuaIceMan

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Oddly if you look at the Sport quattro range on the Scalextric website...

http://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/catalogsearch/result/?q=sport+quattro

...the evolution cars are all correctly designated "E2" apart from the one you have pictured: the researchers must have had a day off when they released that car. :smiley:  

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• DarhourDarhour Member Co-Driver
    Who awakened the beast????                
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Alright, question time for the 22b or similar? 

555 branded car released officially?  Embroidered seat with 555 ?
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    STi Type R 555 V-limited.                           
    Alright, question time for the 22b or similar? 

555 branded car released officially?  Embroidered seat with 555 ?
    There have been a lot of limited edition Subaru road cars @F2CMaDMaXX ;. I can only recall one that was available with 555 decals from factory, which was the Version II STi. Tweaked versions of the STi were produced for each generation year from 1996 onwards, these "V-Limited" cars were produced in limited numbers, with the total available being 555 for the first few years.

There is a good guide on the JDM four door classic STi Impreza limited editions on the Impreza555 site:

http://www.impreza555.com/road.htm

There were also a similar run of V-Limited editions for the two door (Type R) Impreza's from 1996 onwards, as @KevM mentions, some of these (I think Version V and possibly Version VI STi Type R's) were produced in a limited batch size of 555 cars. There have been several V-Limited newage (2001 onwards) Imprezas and newage Imprezas were also produced in "Spec C" forms for the Japanese market, which were essentially base cars for competition use. The JDM also got the S20x range (S201, S202, S203 etc.) which continues to this day. The "S" variants are more track than rally focused though, so no rally branding there. 

We got a load of Impreza special editions in the UK; the Series McRae (1995, 4 door, 200 built), Catalunya (1996, 4 door), Terzo (1997, 4 door, 333 built), 22B (1998, 2 door, 424 built, 16 official UK models), RB5 (1999, 4 door, 444 built), P1 (1999, 2 door, 1000 built), UK300 (2001, 4 door, 300 built), WR1 (2004, 4 door, 500 built) and RB320 (2007, 4 door, 320 built). None of these were available in full rally colours, but the Series McRae, Catalunya, Terzo and WR1 all included rally related decals. And of course the RB5 and RB320 were both produced in honour of Richard Burns.

555 branding cropped up quite a bit in the early JDM special editions, but wasn't as prevalent on the first newages and of course it completely disappeared from 2003 onwards. 

As for the 22B, that was only ever released in blue and without decals. I have seen one stickered up (at a Prodrive meet years ago) but that was done by the owner and not the factory/dealership! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

Top Gear didn't get involved with the S1/E2 debate, they just called it Audi Quattro: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/classic/20-lovely-things-london-classic-car-show#10
  • NLTNLT Member New Car Smell
    This is probably a stupid question, but it's better to be silly rather than ignorant :)

The Group B Audi Quattro in Dirt Rally is the S1, right?