Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.03

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager

Hi all, and happy Tuesday! At just gone 11am today, we released a patch for DiRT Rally. Here's a rundown of the patch notes:

• Performance when Weather is set to Low should improve.
  • Leagues will now use a set of stock engineers. The option to use Career Engineers as an option will be going live on the website later today.
  • There are various tweaks and fixes for the audio in Sweden.
  • Rallycross tracks have been allocated more memory, to prevent cases where they forget to load.

Comments

• RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    Yippie :D Finally lower weather settings will take less performance than high settings xD

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • stigbeaterstigbeater Member New Car Smell
    any new on a fix for the stuttering in windows 10 when a wheel is being used?

• GmelchSpockGmelchSpock Member New Car Smell
    What about repairs costing 0 credits? Has that been fixed?
  • DarhourDarhour Member Pit Crew
    Finally with the rain performane optimisation. Can't wait for the mostly waited package to be released.
  • steviejbsteviejb Member Unleaded
    Anything with regards to being able to setup your car in league events now?
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    Thank you fro the Update!
    Any chance to be able to watch the archives about older League events results?

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm

• kobeshowkobeshow Member Wheel Nut
    edited February 2016
    fingers crossed that this patch will fix more stuff than it breaks (;
  • steviejbsteviejb Member Unleaded
    edited February 2016
    steviejb said:
    Anything with regards to being able to setup your car in league events now?
    Looks like it's in, now that website is up for those wondering. Time to rally! Now for further league functionality like archive results, individual stage times and so on. I live in hope.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Just noticed, in the events pages at dirtgame.com, there are track preview pictures now. Thats cool :)
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • thecraicbearthecraicbear Member Champion
    This update makes me go omnomnom!                            

Interviewer:
    "In more than three words, can you sum up your day for me today?"
    Grönholm: "Not very good... today."

As the wise man Bitto69 once said, "laughter and free :)"

• ThepastThepast Member New Car Smell
    Dirt rally worked well during 8 months and since the update 1.02 return direct desktop and also codes error 41, the new update 1.03 nothing did not still change the same problem. The validation of files steam changed nothing That to make?
  • F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Team Principal
    Thepast said:
    Dirt rally worked well during 8 months and since the update 1.02 return direct desktop and also codes error 41, the new update 1.03 nothing did not still change the same problem. The validation of files steam changed nothing That to make?
    Error 41 is typically a client driver issue, graphics or sound drivers, it can also be a disk space issue.  However, you can also try this;

Find your Dirt Rally install folder.
    Delete the files and folders within that folder, but leave the Dirt Rally folder in place.
    Run a verify cache in Steam.

Please note, that for some reason, this is not the same as asking steam to uninstall and reinstall the game, and has been found to fix a few issues on several peoples machines that i know of, including mine.
  • BrySkyeBrySkye Member Champion
    It can also be an issue with subscribing to too many workshop items, too many modded skins at once, a modded skins PSSG archive or texture format being a little bit off...

Basically, Error 41 can be just about anything.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    Please note, that for some reason, this is not the same as asking steam to uninstall and reinstall the game, and has been found to fix a few issues on several peoples machines that i know of, including mine.
    That's because Steam doesn't delete any modified files when you uninstall. If there are some corrupted files, that cause problems, Steam will see those as modified, you have to delete them manualy. After that reinstalling should have the same effect as the method you mentioned.
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • ThepastThepast Member New Car Smell
    Thank you for your answers. If I uninstall games (sets) what is that I am going to lose my savings?
    I do not understand why it shall have a problem with the audio drivers or graphic there who did not raise of problem until now?

Didzis said:
    That's because Steam doesn't delete any modified files when you uninstall. If there are some corrupted files, that cause problems, Steam will see those as modified, you have to delete them manualy. After that reinstalling should have the same effect as the method you mentioned.
    Whilst possibly true, in my experience this was not the case.  Asking Steam to delete local content removed the install folder as well, and i had custom files there, no additional files, just replaced ones.

Thepast said:
    Thank you for your answers. If I uninstall games (sets) what is that I am going to lose my savings?
    I do not understand why it shall have a problem with the audio drivers or graphic there who did not raise of problem until now?

Do'nt choose uninstall, carry out the instructions as i stated above please.  You will not lose your save game info, it's stored in another location.
  • Tichy66Tichy66 Member New Car Smell
    My game stopped starting today (wasn't home yesterday). Is there any way to just remove the workshop files? Nothing else was changed and I am not that happy about downloading 20GB of data (again).
  • EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Team Principal
    Tichy66 said:
    My game stopped starting today (wasn't home yesterday). Is there any way to just remove the workshop files? Nothing else was changed and I am not that happy about downloading 20GB of data (again).
    you can unsub them in the steam workshop.

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

• Tichy66Tichy66 Member New Car Smell
    Evilsmurf said:
    Tichy66 said:
    you can unsub them in the steam workshop.
    Thanks, that did it it seems - game works again.