Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRT Rally Update - Version 1.04

ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
Hello all! 

At just after 11am GMT this morning, we released a small patch for DiRT Rally. 

The patch will lay the groundwork for adding two new languages - Portuguese Brazilian and Russian. 

Comments

• MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    Hello Christina!

I cannot find those languages

• ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
    Hello Christina!

Hello! Apologies if it wasn't clear. We've not added the languages yet - the patch is just to ensure we can smoothly introduce them to the game at a later date. :)
  • MarioVilasMarioVilas Member Unleaded
    Hello Christina!

Hello! Apologies if it wasn't clear. We've not added the languages yet - the patch is just to ensure we can smoothly introduce them to the game at a later date. :)
    Ah... OK. Thanks, Christina. It was my mistake :)
  • RyuMakkuroRyuMakkuro Member Champion
    Slightly off-topic (ok, really off-topic) but is there any ETA on the Community Trailer?

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna
  • ChristinaMcChristinaMc Member, Codemasters, F1MR testers Community Manager
    Slightly off-topic (ok, really off-topic) but is there any ETA on the Community Trailer?

Yes! It's currently with licensing - so if all that goes well, we're looking at sharing it in the next week or two. Start of March will be most likely, however. :)
  • franklyshanklyfranklyshankly Member Unleaded
    What does it mean? Is it a simple text localization, or we will drive with Russian and Portuguese co-driver too? :open_mouth: I want to believe, because we have 5 different codrivers on 5 different languages at this stage. 

• quakeSterquakeSter Member New Car Smell
    edited February 2016
    Hello,

I have just bought this game, moreover i bought a wheel and pedals kit especially for this. My first impressions are very good. I'm a newb and i dont know how to get more money for a car :P
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    quakeSter said:
    Hello,

I have just bought this game, moreover i bought a wheel and pedals kit especially for this. My first impressions are very good. I'm a newb and i dont know how to get more money for a car :P
    It's gonna be a bit of a grind before you can afford more cars. You can just race through carreer with the Mini/Fulvia, you can do custom events championships with them or you can drive dailys (in the main daily you are given a fully upgraded car for the run, so no need to worry about that)
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • DiqueDique Member Unleaded
    quakeSter said:
    Hello,

well the mini or the fulvia are great cars to learn the game.
    Try learning left foot braking as early as you can, it will help you later in the game (with the 4wd and fwd cars).
    after you graduated to the higher difficulty levels, money will come raining down on you.
  • FASoutoFASouto Member New Car Smell
    My dirth Rally not updated this in version 1.0 , this is correct

Thankyou
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    Dique said:
    quakeSter said:
    Hello,

Try learning left foot braking as early as you can, it will help you later in the game (with the 4wd and fwd cars).
    after you graduated to the higher difficulty levels, money will come raining down on you.
    you dont need to brake in those cars :)
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    dgeesi0 said:
    Dique said:
    quakeSter said:
    Hello,

In Finland you don't, because they're slow enough and light enough to not hurt themselfs on those big jumps. On other tracks, however, it's business as usual. In some places you actually need to brake early, because they don't have the best brakes
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • quakeSterquakeSter Member New Car Smell
    Im very pleased with this game! It's rather a simulator than a game xD.
  • DiqueDique Member Unleaded
    Didzis said:
    dgeesi0 said:
    Dique said:
    quakeSter said:
    Hello,

In Finland you don't, because they're slow enough and light enough to not hurt themselfs on those big jumps. On other tracks, however, it's business as usual. In some places you actually need to brake early, because they don't have the best brakes
    Well, left foot braking has nothing to do with actual braking...
    It's about weight shifting and car positioning, not slowing down. 
  • PaloSamoPaloSamo Member Co-Driver
    edited February 2016
    Dique said:
    Well, left foot braking has nothing to do with actual braking...
    It's about weight shifting and car positioning, not slowing down. 
    Not exactly. Braking with your left foot is quicker than shifting right foot from accelerator pedal to brake pedal to slow the car down. 
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    or just use the gears :)................................................
  • PaloSamoPaloSamo Member Co-Driver
    dgeesi0 said:
    or just use the gears :)................................................
    using your left foot? interesting...  ;) 
  • Thierry97Thierry97 Member New Car Smell
    When the demo will be released for consoles ??? :)