Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

1234235236237238240»

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    They had a bad year or two, but in the corners over the last few years it's looked good.

So back along when Andrew Benson said McLaren going back to Mercedes was a done deal, he was talking out of his like I said when I called him out.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    With the exception of Hill leaving Williams in 1997, Andrew Benson has, on the whole, always been talking out of his ass.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • ImDyingYouIdiotImDyingYouIdiot Member, Drivers Champion
    One way or the other, this clearly pits McLaren against teams like Red Bull. And I can't wait to see how well they do against them.

While I'm a Ferrari fan, I want to see McLaren do well, and I genuinely hope they can get out of that slump they've had for the past 5 seasons.
    "I love ImDyingYouIdiot-senpai!" ♥‿♥ - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"ImDyingYouIdiot inspires us every day. Really, the only reason I get up every morning is to deliver him the perfect F1 experience." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that

"It is not unreasonable to assume that ImDyingYouIdiot, who is no doubt an extremely intelligent and attractive specimen of a lad, experiences the pleasures of intercourse on a fairly regular basis." - Codemasters employee, who wanted to remain anonymous, but totally did say that
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Wheel Nut
    edited September 14
    I'm also a Ferrari fan but I hate seeing McLaren do this bad. I'm happy they are scrapping Honda. Their move to Renault should be a good one.

What I want the car ratings to be out of 10 for 2018 looks something like this.

Ferrari's Car 10/10 (Ferrari is the best)

Mercedes Car 9.9/10 (I want an almost equal battle between the top teams ;) )

RedBull's Car 9.8/10 (It would be cool to see more cars in the mix)

McLaren's Car 8/10 (McLaren should have been up there all along)

Renault's Car 8/10 (It would be cool for them to make a return to the battle at the front)
    PSN: slow-mo-bro /// Fantasy RX: North West Autosport
    F1 Predictor Game 2016: Player 12th - Teams 7th /// F1 Predictor Game 2017: Wins X2 (Hopeful for now)
  • JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Well, I'm a Ferrari-fan too and I don't like to see McLaren do well.

I really don't care.

Either way, Toro Rosso is taking on Honda-engines in an official statement, McLaren switching to Renault in an official statement and the biggest news might be that Carlos Sainz is joining Renault for 2018, also official.

I'm slowly starting to worry about Toro Rosso, the Honda-deal + the use of paydriver Sean Gelael and now the departure of Carlos Sainz is making me think Red Bull might be a bit more serious than we thought when they threatened to leave F1 or at least sell one team. Leave no doubts about it, Red Bull diminishing their contributions to autosport and F1 would hurt this sport severely.

So Gasly and Kvyat next season then? Would be the worst Toro Rosso-line up since Speed and Liuzzi.