Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    And please don't come back Massa.        
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    That would be sick! Kubica in the Williams would destroy Stroll. :D It will be cool to see how next years drivers line up.
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Hugo Boss to leave F1 as a sponsor for Formula E 

Hugo Boss is one of those Sponsors that you remember in F1 and now it will be a shame to see the brand go. :(

Link
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2018
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Oh no what will Hamilton advertise now. 
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    That's a big move to be fair!                              
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    **** off Formula E.                         
    Not the first time this has happened in Brazil, organisers and teams need to do more to protect them. 

Happy for another Ferrari win! That brings it to 5 in total this season. Huge improvement from last year.
    Found the person responsible for the awful logo.... 

• WynterdustWynterdust Member Team Principal
    W2Optimism? Living up to the name being optimistic that people will like the new logo. Looks like my 5 year old nieces drawing on the fridge only worse.

T- "I don't consider you my enemy."

K- "Oh? I didn't consider you at all."

T- "Now that's just hurtful..."

• AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    He's proud of that logo? Funniest thing I've read all day.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• MexicolaMexicola Member Team Principal
    I think it looks class. It's like something from Wipeout. In a couple of years FEISAR and AG Systems will be juking it out for the WCC.

Well, it's provocative. So they probably care more about making noise and get people talking than creating an actual good logo. Bitches.
    Mexicola said:
    I think it looks class. It's like something from Wipeout. In a couple of years FEISAR and AG Systems will be juking it out for the WCC.
    I hope there are no Halo's in the future.
    So Sauber is now Alfa Romeo Sauber. Title sponsor. Maybe this means good news for Giovinazzi.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Very pleased with this news, it means we should be getting two talented youngsters on the grid rather than keeping mediocre Ericsson.

However, I do feel bad for Wehrlein. Yes, he didn't impress as much as he should have this year, but when you're in the slowest car out there it's hard to stand out unless you have a shock result (such as Spain).

Just mad to think that Ocon is thriving at Force India and will undoubtedly be a candidate for Mercedes if either of their drivers leave. And then you have Wehrlein, who could have been that person, yet seems destined now for Formula E, I expect.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    If they don’t have Leclerc as a driver then they can bugger off.
    edited November 2017
    I'm hoping that Leclerc can make it all the way to Ferrari. That would awesome! I also think that Alfa would be good for the Sauber team. Things that I am not liking for next year is of course the Halo's and the 3 engine limit to me is just stupid. I think 6 power units would be perfect.
    If he does then it will be the first time I’ve ever supported a Ferrari driver.
    What about Rubens Barrichello? A little before my time but, I think a lot of people liked him. What about you?