Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Comments

• couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    edited November 30
    Santander to leave Ferrari and F1 to focus on the UEFA champions league

So thats another major sponsor leaving after Hugo Boss announced their departure earlier this month.

Link
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    What about Rubens Barrichello? A little before my time but, I think a lot of people liked him. What about you?

I didn’t hate him, but didn’t support him. As a McLaren fan, my hatred grew when Schumacher joined Ferrari :joy:
    Santander to leave Ferrari and F1 to focus on the UEFA champions league

So thats another major sponsor leaving after Hugo Boss announced their departure earlier this month.

Link
    They probably hated the idea of having their brand on a car with halo on it...
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Pit Crew
    Yup, the Halo ruins everything. Why don't the FIA listen to the drivers? The drivers hate it.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
    DiRT 4 Club: https://www.dirt4game.com/clubs/club/60578/team-colin-mcrae
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    What I don't love is that Ericsson is yet again on the grid. Disappointed, but not surprised. Could have been so exciting to have two youngsters in there with Leclerc and Giovinazzi.

I just hope Leclerc whoops Ericsson's ass next year.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Race Engineer
    edited December 2
    Wow, I love all the hate for Ericsson from some people. Genuine hatred for someone who's cash has probably kept Sauber in the sport long enough for this to happen and give Leclerc his shot. 
    And he isn't even that terrible, he was only just beaten by Werhlein, and importantly, he wasn't crashing into anyone, just quietly going about his business. I'm actually interested to see how he might perform in a car that can actually do something, he's had awful back markers his entire career. I'm not expecting much of course, but after this display I really hope he surprises us, somehow.  

And sure, I'd like to see someone with more potential in that car, but I really don't understand the vile attitude towards him from some fans.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Vile is an exaggeration, it's not like anyone wants him dead, it's just that Ericsson doesn't excite anybody and I personally want people in who can excite me. I do agree that it's because of Ericsson('s sponsors) that someone like Leclerc even has a spot right now, but beyond that, there's little to be thankful for.

He's just a dull, completely average (in this field below average) driver who is in because of his money and who has nothing about him that hints at improvement. Filler. Nobody likes filler.

Not to mention that the reason he was so close to Wehrlein at the end is in part because all the newer parts went straight to Ericsson and all the leftovers went to Wehrlein. Same happened to Nasr and then Nasr was the one to score points in Brazil. And it's frustrating when exciting talents like Giovinazzi basically has nothing going for him and we have to put up with Ericsson instead. In F1.
    I hope they switch that livery up btw, **** is way too white.
    edited December 2
    They could make the side pods red or something,  but I wouldn’t be surprised if Ferrari told them that was the maximum amount of red they could have :joy:
    Either way I like it how it is. It will look different anyway, as that isn’t a current car.
    Jiggy said:
    Vile is an exaggeration, it's not like anyone wants him dead, it's just that Ericsson doesn't excite anybody and I personally want people in who can excite me. I do agree that it's because of Ericsson('s sponsors) that someone like Leclerc even has a spot right now, but beyond that, there's little to be thankful for.

He's just a dull, completely average (in this field below average) driver who is in because of his money and who has nothing about him that hints at improvement. Filler. Nobody likes filler.

Not to mention that the reason he was so close to Wehrlein at the end is in part because all the newer parts went straight to Ericsson and all the leftovers went to Wehrlein. Same happened to Nasr and then Nasr was the one to score points in Brazil. And it's frustrating when exciting talents like Giovinazzi basically has nothing going for him and we have to put up with Ericsson instead. In F1.
    Sure, nobody wants him dead but there's been some pretty harsh, rather unwarranted stuff thrown around about him.

Like you said, simply put it's a boring choice, but that's no reason to be a d*** about it. I'd rather have had Gio this season to be honest, but equally I'd also  rather have had 10 teams than 9! 

Every grid in history has had guys like Ericsson, just be thankful he isn't hitting people like Maldonado or that he is wasting a good car :)

edited December 3
    Without him there would be no Sauber,  so I’m ok with it, F1 can’t afford to lose another team, as the grid is already too small in my opinion.
    Post edited by Hughesy on
    AMS97KRR said:
    Jiggy said:

Sure, nobody wants him dead but there's been some pretty harsh, rather unwarranted stuff thrown around about him.

Like you said, simply put it's a boring choice, but that's no reason to be a d*** about it. I'd rather have had Gio this season to be honest, but equally I'd also  rather have had 10 teams than 9! 

Every grid in history has had guys like Ericsson, just be thankful he isn't hitting people like Maldonado or that he is wasting a good car :)
    I doubt Marcus Ericsson will be in tears over it from his F1-seat.

Like I don't know what comments you're alluding to when you say he's had unwarranted stuff said in his direction, but if it's this forum, a very lazy search shows the MBK-comment as the only anti-Ericsson comment and that post in itself is hardly anything excessive. And even if it was, who cares about being a ****? It's a throwaway-comment on a throwaway-section of a forum most people use to **** at Codemasters over whatever game they suck at. Even if he said something like Marcus Ericsson is a talentless spastic piece of ****, who cares? It has zero effect on his life.

And well, you could say it affects your forum experience. But the comment wasn't excessive. So at that point, it's just making a big deal out of nothing really to take that as a vile example of pure hatred towards Ericsson and I'm just not following you on that one.

It's an expression of disappointment and people should be able to express that without getting called out for no good reason really.

Assuming the unwarranted stuff you're alluding to, is based on this forum, of course.

About Ericsson, I really don't care about compromises or to be thankful that at least he's not this or that. On the grid, he's a waste of space. So I desire a situation where Sauber is there, but with a talented driver instead of Ericsson. That's nothing personal. That's just preferences.
    Jiggy said:
    AMS97KRR said:
    Jiggy said:

I doubt Marcus Ericsson will be in tears over it from his F1-seat.

Like I don't know what comments you're alluding to when you say he's had unwarranted stuff said in his direction, but if it's this forum, a very lazy search shows the MBK-comment as the only anti-Ericsson comment and that post in itself is hardly anything excessive. And even if it was, who cares about being a ****? It's a throwaway-comment on a throwaway-section of a forum most people use to **** at Codemasters over whatever game they suck at. Even if he said something like Marcus Ericsson is a talentless spastic piece of ****, who cares? It has zero effect on his life.

And well, you could say it affects your forum experience. But the comment wasn't excessive. So at that point, it's just making a big deal out of nothing really to take that as a vile example of pure hatred towards Ericsson and I'm just not following you on that one.

It's an expression of disappointment and people should be able to express that without getting called out for no good reason really.

Assuming the unwarranted stuff you're alluding to, is based on this forum, of course.

About Ericsson, I really don't care about compromises or to be thankful that at least he's not this or that. On the grid, he's a waste of space. So I desire a situation where Sauber is there, but with a talented driver instead of Ericsson. That's nothing personal. That's just preferences.
    Nah it's not on here, various other places online. I didn't expect that level of backlash at the decision, I'm surprised that it surprised people since we know the owners(?) of the team are still his sponsor.

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Anybody else watching the Autosport Awards tonight?
    I didn't think my reaction to Ericsson was hateful at all, all I said was that I was disappointed, but not surprised and I hope Leclerc 'whoops his ass'.

I appreciate that without Ericsson's backers the team may not be on the grid, but that doesn't change my view that that seat would be better filled by Giovinazzi. Ericsson is generally just an unremarkable driver, in my opinion.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
    And yes, I did watch the Autosport Awards! It was good to be able to watch them live this year, I really enjoyed it. Nelson Piquet tearing up was quite emotional actually!
    MBKF1 said:
    I didn't think my reaction to Ericsson was hateful at all, all I said was that I was disappointed, but not surprised and I hope Leclerc 'whoops his ass'.

I appreciate that without Ericsson's backers the team may not be on the grid, but that doesn't change my view that that seat would be better filled by Giovinazzi. Ericsson is generally just an unremarkable driver, in my opinion.
    Don't worry mate I wasn't aiming it at you at all, should have specified that :)

Talking about seats. I wish the Mercedes seat would have gone to someone more competitive. Alonso or Ricciardo would have been in Hamiltons face for the whole season.
    I love racing. Going for the perfectly clean, well executed overtake is the best feeling. If I have to though, I might move you out of my way (no hard feelings).
    Fanu143 said:
    F1  gives the player unprecedented access to not only the on-track excitement of F1, but also the off-track dealings and vehicle development that goes along with it. >>
    http://www.checkgamingzone.com/2015/12/formula-1-2007-game.html

If you guys want to download gta san andreas then download from given below link, i am sharing because i have downloaded many games from this site . It has fast downloading system.
    http://www.checkgamingzone.com/2015/06/gta-san-andreas-free-download.html 
    This is for talking about the actual sport of Formula 1. Not to give people shady links.