Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Comments

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Yea but not in the UK, thanks Sky :rage:

• Chadwick8505Chadwick8505 Member Wheel Nut
    "unprecedented access to archive video content from the amazing historic archive owned by Formula 1"

I hope this means they'll have full replays of classic F1 races. If so I'd sign up just for that. 
  • DiRTKiNG808DiRTKiNG808 Member Race Steward
    Now the Formula 1 has moved to ESPN they have a partnership with Sky. So now on cable I will be able to see Sky coverage and commentary. I think that is pretty cool.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Now the Formula 1 has moved to ESPN they have a partnership with Sky. So now on cable I will be able to see Sky coverage and commentary. I think that is pretty cool.
    Sky's coverage is awful.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• MexicolaMexicola Member Team Principal
    If there's an option to have a live feed of Rowan Atkinson's unedited reaction to the races then I'm game.
    fIsince08 said:
    Sky's coverage is awful.
    I thought a lot of people liked Sky.
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    I like the Sky coverage, it's not amazing but it's good.. I wish they had Webber and DC though
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
    Lukedfrt said:
    I like the Sky coverage, it's not amazing but it's good.. I wish they had Webber and DC though
    I guess we will have to wait and see how ESPN handles it. Does anybody know how SKY and NBC compared?
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Sky's coverage has got better since Herbert's appearances became more scarce. Crofty can get annoying, and Rachel Brookes has the personality of a Ryvita, but on the whole I think it's pretty good. Brundle and Davidson are absolute gems, and Kravitz and Lazenby aren't bad either.

I just wish for a merger between the C4 and Sky teams.

Lazenby, Coulthard, Edwards, Brundle, Kravitz, Chandhok, Davidson, Wolff and McKensie. Perfect line up.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • VetteIfanVetteIfan Member Race Engineer
    Brundle and Davidson are the only F1 minds on TV that I actually like to sit down and listen to. Ben Edwards is tolerable. Other than that I don't have much love for any of them. 

Crofty, Kravitz and Herbert are all clowns who have been in jobs for way too long. 

Lazenby and Wolff are a whole lot of nothing. 

Coulthard is neither here nor there for me. I see a lot of fans raving about him but I don't personally understand why. 

And Chandhok might just be my worse F1 TV personality of all time. The guy is also labelled as the "technical expert" on Channel 4's coverage. Are you freaking kidding me?!
    I wonder who will commentate for F1 TV Pro.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    fIsince08 said:
    Sky's coverage is awful.
    I thought a lot of people liked Sky.
    Yeah I liked Sky I don't like Channel 4's

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

edited March 11
    Just watched the first Indycar race, man those cars look so much better than the current F1 cars, plus they were able to race close to each other.
    That was a great race. A lot of full course yellows but still good. I feel gutted for Wickens he had that race locked up.
  • JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    All the veterans drove like rookies and vice versa, it's mad.
    The new regulations have really leveled the playing field. Indycar for the past few years have been able to produce surprise winners and close racing but now its even more so. The cars look great!
    The stupid thing with F1 is they went in the opposite direction even though they wanted better racing. Adding more downforce doesn’t help racing, it makes it worse...
    We were treated to some really good races in 2017 for Formula 1 (Better then 2014 and 2015). They should be making it easier for the cars to follow though. I think it was back in 70s and 80s were the teams used ground effects so the tops of the cars could be streamlined. You still get grip in the corners and fly down the straights. Also for the rule change in 2021 I think they should just get rid of all the Hybrid Tech and go back to a high revving, high power output naturally aspirated V10 or V8. That would make things a little more simple and also, give the teams at least 6 engines so they don't have to hold back to preserve them.
  • GeorgeF1omGeorgeF1om Member New Car Smell
    With Red Bull stepping up it should be a bit more competitive in the top group, I just doubt that anyone can prevent HAM of securing his 5th title.
    Join Fantasy F1 Online Manager and play for free at f1om.com
    I thought this was interesting from Fromula 1's website.

"To create the very tight coke bottle section that has made the channels possible requires exceptionally tight packaging of the engine and its ancillaries, including the radiators. The incredibly dense packaging of the mechanical components underlines again how integrated every part of the car must be to maximise all areas.

Ferrari is hoping that its high-rake concept holds more potential for further gains than Mercedes’ low-rake approach and that the enhanced aero potential of the extended wheelbase will allow more access to those gains.   

Will it make the SF71H a Mercedes killer? All at Maranello have their fingers crossed."

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/technical/2018/3/tech-tuesday--the-developments-ferrari-plan-to-use-to-topple-mer.html