Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Comments

• RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Haha, I only hated him to spite his lovers :p
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    Big day today, it's Red Bulls hearing into Dan's Australian disqualification. Apparently Merc, Williams, McLaren, Williams, Force India and Lotus all have representives there. 
    Twitter | Member since 2011 

• JiggyJiggy Member Race Steward
    Domenicali has left his position as the Ferrari team boss. Ferrari will still suck after this.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Appeal results tomorrow.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

And the award for most ridiculously long signature goes to, Jiggy! ;)

Tbh, I can't see this as a bad thing for Ferrari. Domenicali has always been like an Italian Whitmarsh to me, so I'm hoping that Mattiacci can come in, and with a different set of talents and experience change things up a bit.
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Gene Haas, in his first F1 press conference:

"We're going to spend our money wisely and do it with an American flair for efficiency..."

"We're the most advanced nation on the planet, so I don't see why we can't do this..."

The most hilarious nation on the planet, I'll grant him that.

@Jiggy, are all of those quotes by Kimi real? I never knew that he collected walnuts.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

Tbh, I can't see this as a bad thing for Ferrari. Domenicali has always been like an Italian Whitmarsh to me, so I'm hoping that Mattiacci can come in, and with a different set of talents and experience change things up a bit.
    was just thinking the same thing about Jiggy's sig too

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

Firstly ,sorry I huit the off topic button instead of the quote button.

Mattiacci has no F1 experience whatsoever.
    My guess is Domenicali is tiredof being LdM's scapegoat and walked out , and this guy is a temporary solution before they can get Brawn or maybe even Briatore. 
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • TheBlackFlagTheBlackFlag Member New Car Smell
    I was lucky enough to be at Bahrain this year.  

The lower exhaust note adds something:  You can hear tire noise and the turbos.  I think that a really big part of the problem is that the broadcasters werent really prepared how to best present the new noises.  

That said, it seems pretty likely that they are going to make them louder by 
    Spain.  Too bad, that seems artificial somehow.

There were all sorts of rumours about Lotus getting close to a deal, a partner a new sponsor all weekend in the paddock, and they would all die.

It seems Lotus are in genuine trouble.

My guess is Domenicali is tiredof being LdM's scapegoat and walked out , and this guy is a temporary solution before they can get Brawn or maybe even Briatore. 
    You should be able to click it again and it'll undo it. Failing that, if you click on one of the other things, it'll switch over :)

I know, but since you mention him, neither did Briatore :p He actually used to work for the Benetton clothing brand, and apparently even stated he had no interest in Formula 1. He wasn't involved in any kind of motorsport at all until the founder of Benetton put him into his F1 team :p And the rest is history! 

So don't write off Mattiacci just yet ;)
    yugin96 said:

"We're going to spend our money wisely and do it with an American flair for efficiency..."

"We're the most advanced nation on the planet, so I don't see why we can't do this..."

The most hilarious nation on the planet, I'll grant him that.

@Jiggy, are all of those quotes by Kimi real? I never knew that he collected walnuts.

All true. Well, I'm not sure about the walnuts thing, that one is a new one. I tried to shorten it as much as possible with fonts and all that, but if my sig is too much of a bother, I have no problems cutting it back to one Kimi-quote.
    If you do cut it back, the one at the bottom will always be my winner ;)
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

You should be able to click it again and it'll undo it. Failing that, if you click on one of the other things, it'll switch over :)

I know, but since you mention him, neither did Briatore :p He actually used to work for the Benetton clothing brand, and apparently even stated he had no interest in Formula 1. He wasn't involved in any kind of motorsport at all until the founder of Benetton put him into his F1 team :p And the rest is history! 

I know but that was the 90's . F1 isn't like that anymore. My point was Ferrari needs someone ruthless like Brawn or Briatore. I'll refrain from judging him yet , but I get the feeling he'll be Domenicali v2.0. All I'll say is Alonso's talent has been wasted and no matter ow badly I wan't him to win a 3rd WDC , I can't see that happening if this guy is Domenicali v2.0. Like I said though , I'll wait and see before judging.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
  • TheBlackFlagTheBlackFlag Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2014
    yugin96 said:

>>>>>>>>
    He didn't really say that, did he? Oh, man.  

A nation that stopped doing Stem-cell research because it would make **** sad is not really the sort of thing that evokes "Ground Breaking Scientific Research".

Efficiency is an "American thing"? I would have thought the Germans, Swiss and Japanese could be characterized as "Efficient". 

I would think values of innovation, instinct and unconventional thinking are more "American" than "efficient" . In spite of how popular it is to take shots at America because of their government, it is a great nation.  

But to claim America the most "Advanced nation on the planet" is just..wow...so out of touch with reality.

I hope those statements are just bravado to impress potential partners and sponsors. If that is really what he thinks, I doubt he will stick around once reality - and the accounting - slaps him across the face.

It would be fantastic to have another F1 team. I really, really hope they are successful. But those opening statements are cause for people to go ..."whaaa?"

We should all support the idea of this prospective team and hope that they do extremely well.

I know but that was the 90's . F1 isn't like that anymore. My point was Ferrari needs someone ruthless like Brawn or Briatore. I'll refrain from judging him yet , but I get the feeling he'll be Domenicali v2.0. All I'll say is Alonso's talent has been wasted and no matter ow badly I wan't him to win a 3rd WDC , I can't see that happening if this guy is Domenicali v2.0. Like I said though , I'll wait and see before judging.
    No it's not, it's even more like a business now so it'd suit a business minded man even more these days ;) Thing is, we can't predict what this guy is gonna be like, none of us have actually ever seen or heard of him before. So deffo can't judge him until we've seen him in the job for at least a few races.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Does anyone else find it ironic that Mercedes are throwing the book at Red Bull for "breaking the rules" after they did the same thing with Testgate last year?
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    If you do cut it back, the one at the bottom will always be my winner ;)
    I'm fine with the length, but for the record my favourite's still 'It protects my head'.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that Mercedes are throwing the book at Red Bull for "breaking the rules" after they did the same thing with Testgate last year?
    Classic F1-hypocrism.
  • Matthew77258Matthew77258 Member Race Steward
    Twitter | Member since 2011