Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Comments

• SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    So do we have a pool going on when Pastor will get the boot from his ride?
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    Yeah, when the FIA gives him his 12 points.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    That'll probably be by the end of Sunday.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I do not work for Codemasters
  • TheBlackFlagTheBlackFlag Member New Car Smell
    Do you think Lotus are taking repairs off Maldonado's paycheck?  lol
  • Tylerrnty1Tylerrnty1 Member Unleaded
    I highly hope so! Lotus would go bankrupt if they didn't!
    TYLERRNTY1 
    Number #16 
    F1 LEAGUE STATS - 27 Wins (AF1 S1 CHAMPION) and (VRL GP1 RUNNER UP)
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    Now McLaren are launching legal action against Red Bull over an employee, Red bull can't seem to catch a break.

Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    Is it Adrian Newey?
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    Now McLaren are launching legal action against Red Bull over an employee, Red bull can't seem to catch a break.

Wait, is this Formula 1 we're talking about, or WWE? It's becoming hard to see the difference...
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
    SynGamer said:

Wait, is this Formula 1 we're talking about, or WWE? It's becoming hard to see the difference...
    Yep F1 is becoming a joke now.
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

May the Force be with Red Bull

Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • blackMamba99blackMamba99 Member New Car Smell
    If we're going to be stuck with these engines, we may as well adapt them to their real life applications. I'm no fan of the new sound (or lack thereof) but there isn't really any point of making them louder when the average consumer doesn't want a screaming engine in their Mazda or Ford. Plus, it gives opponents to GPs (like the Albert Park anarchists) one less reason to complain.

but Mazda and ford are not in f1, would you want a Ferrari to make less noise or more? more every time for me. the problem is there are not many car manufacturers in f1 now. so its down to Mercedes and Renault, I don't count Ferrari as they make sports cars not mass produced cars on the scale of Renault and Mercedes. if more sports car manufacturers were involved like how it should be then these kind of rules regarding fuel economy, electrical recovery and single tyre supplier would not be so important. I firmly believe f1 will change forever now. I preferred when cars could refuel and would go as fast as possible, the fight between 2 different tyres like in the bridgestone/michellin days. the fuel economy and electrical harvesting is ruining what once was such a great sport, the cars look slow on tv, not on straights but in the corners, they are heavy, the tyres for the last 2 years have been shambolic and whilst some say the racing is great I think it has been better in the past. only time will tell. I would much prefer having 7 different drivers winning the first 7 races than what we see on tv now, I woke up this morning and thought to myself, shall I watch qualli, whats the point I know hamiltons got the pole, sure enough he did lol

and for those who say that f1 is cleaner to the environment, cows give off more pollution into the atmosphere than cars, we need to change our diets not our cars :-) llf

trolled everyday by REVOLVINGPRAWN/GOLDENCOLT/PETETHEDUCK/MIKE96/IMRITEURRONG74
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    If we're going to be stuck with these engines, we may as well adapt them to their real life applications. I'm no fan of the new sound (or lack thereof) but there isn't really any point of making them louder when the average consumer doesn't want a screaming engine in their Mazda or Ford. Plus, it gives opponents to GPs (like the Albert Park anarchists) one less reason to complain.

but Mazda and ford are not in f1, would you want a Ferrari to make less noise or more? more every time for me. the problem is there are not many car manufacturers in f1 now. so its down to Mercedes and Renault, I don't count Ferrari as they make sports cars not mass produced cars on the scale of Renault and Mercedes. if more sports car manufacturers were involved like how it should be then these kind of rules regarding fuel economy, electrical recovery and single tyre supplier would not be so important. I firmly believe f1 will change forever now. I preferred when cars could refuel and would go as fast as possible, the fight between 2 different tyres like in the bridgestone/michellin days. the fuel economy and electrical harvesting is ruining what once was such a great sport, the cars look slow on tv, not on straights but in the corners, they are heavy, the tyres for the last 2 years have been shambolic and whilst some say the racing is great I think it has been better in the past. only time will tell. I would much prefer having 7 different drivers winning the first 7 races than what we see on tv now, I woke up this morning and thought to myself, shall I watch qualli, whats the point I know hamiltons got the pole, sure enough he did lol

and for those who say that f1 is cleaner to the environment, cows give off more pollution into the atmosphere than cars, we need to change our diets not our cars :-) llf

So long as the racing is good I don't care about the rest too much. There aren't really many more sports car manufacturers that could be involved as most are owned by normal car companies or are involved in endurance series - oh wait, that's more like road technology. Which sports car manufacturers would you like to see? Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini are basically Volkswagen, who will only want to enter if the tech can be passed to road cars. Aston Martin have already had two attempts rejected and we've seen what Spyker did in 2007.

That's why F1 needs to go more green - to encourage manufacturers. Honda and Toyota pulled out partly because of the tech, as did BMW (I know some of it was to do with the financial crisis and lack of results). Renault threatened to pull out if the engines didn't change, so where would we be then? Red Bull running Cosworth engines? Yeah, right.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    The real function of the new steering wheels:

I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • onetwothreeonetwothree Member Team Principal
    fIsince08 said:

So long as the racing is good I don't care about the rest too much. There aren't really many more sports car manufacturers that could be involved as most are owned by normal car companies or are involved in endurance series - oh wait, that's more like road technology. Which sports car manufacturers would you like to see? Porsche, Bentley and Lamborghini are basically Volkswagen, who will only want to enter if the tech can be passed to road cars. Aston Martin have already had two attempts rejected and we've seen what Spyker did in 2007.

That's why F1 needs to go more green - to encourage manufacturers. Honda and Toyota pulled out partly because of the tech, as did BMW (I know some of it was to do with the financial crisis and lack of results). Renault threatened to pull out if the engines didn't change, so where would we be then? Red Bull running Cosworth engines? Yeah, right.
    Well they did in 2005.

Only three teams on the grid actually produce road cars (you could also argue Lotus but their relationship with Group Lotus is essentially naming rights), and so as Chris said, many car makers don't (or didn't) find it economically worth investing in Formula One, so changes were necessary to get other manufacturers involved. Many road cars these days are sold with regenerative braking but before 2009, this technology was unheard of. A lot of cars today come with paddle gear shifters, again, a Formula One idea. 

Keeping up a Formula One division and a consumer division for car manufacturers is expensive, particularly in these economic conditions, so car makers want, as much as possible, a parallel, whereby they can use the same tech in Formula One as in their mass produced vehicles. Formula One before this year had very little of that. 
    ^^^^This comment will get me banned

#CauseBabyYoureAFireeeeeedreamTheWayYouTurnMeOn
  • afrodude41afrodude41 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    Vettel told to move over again, this time he disagrees 'tough luck' he says
    YouTube - Afro's Racing | Twitter - @afrosracing | PSN - afroripper98
  • yugin96yugin96 Member Co-Driver
    Vettel told to move over again, this time he disagrees 'tough luck' he says
    Lol. More like, 'tough luck, Daniel is 20 seconds faster than you'.
    I run f1livestrategy, an account tweeting real-time strategy updates during F1 weekends.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Team Principal

Ow Fernando, you dirty bloke.

• Tommig1995Tommig1995 Member Pit Crew
    I think good will come of the new engine regulations, Mercedes have completely revolutionised the turbo, and I doubt it will be too long before we see split turbo-compressors in hot-hatches etc. and I bet the MGU-H technology will find it's way into supercars eventually.
    Twitter @tommig1995

Hairpin Motosport Media - Formerly North West Rallying - Amateur motorsport media, rally orientated | Youtube | Twitter
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    I really hope either Lotus improve or Grosjean leaves, because he deserves better. And does anyone else think Perez has actually benefited after leaving McLaren? Unexpected upgrade.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |