Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The Formula 1 Stuff Thread

Comments

• JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    I'd be surprised if he picked a Honda engine and he won't be able to get a Mercedes engine as all the other teams with bigger reputations will fight out for the vacancy from Mclaren going to Honda engines. I don't know out of Ferrari or Lotus which one he would chose. I can imagine the Ferrari engine being more expensive however,
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
  • Liam12dLiam12d Member Wheel Nut
    I reckon it won't be Renault based on the current performance, but you never know. I think Mercedes could be a possibility as he looks like he's throwing a bit of money at this new team. If not Ferrari is their only other option. I heard Honda was exclusive to McLaren for 2015 anyway.
    ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
    Com'n Lewis!!!
    R.I.P. Jules Bianchi 1989 - 2015 #KeepFightingMichael  

• mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    Yes Honda is exclusive to McLaren for 2015, it was confirmed in Friday's Press conference.
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • RevolvingPrawnRevolvingPrawn Member Champion
    Liam12d said:
    I reckon it won't be Renault based on the current performance, but you never know. I think Mercedes could be a possibility as he looks like he's throwing a bit of money at this new team. If not Ferrari is their only other option. I heard Honda was exclusive to McLaren for 2015 anyway.
    Correct

The only way Haas can have a Honda engine is to delay his entry until 2016, and that seems pretty likely to me.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    I just don't see him getting the Merc engine. I'm sure Red Bull will be trying to get it, Haas might try but who else would have the money? It will be going to the highest bidder you'd think.

Ferrari engines are maybe the worst ones to have, and expensive.

Renault would seem most likely, but they already have Lotus, RBR, Caterham and STR.

If Red Bull got Mercedes engines, as unlikely as it sounds, then Haas will get Renault IMO.
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• JensonBottomJensonBottom Member Pit Crew
    It would be pretty poor of Red Bull to leave Renault after one bad season since Renault dedicate themselves to Red Bull the most.
    Otherwise known as TomM_F1 and AquaF1.
    After the whole tit for tat thing between Red Bull and Merc since testgate last season, I really really don't see Red Bull getting Merc engines.
  • AMS97KRRAMS97KRR Member Petrol Head
    Yeah I don't see it either, but Red Bull will probably review their options if Renault don't improve by the end of the season
    | 2016 CM Forum Predictor Game Champion! |
    | Manchester United |  Sebastian Vettel #5 | Kimi Raikkonen #7 |

• SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    What are the odds/possibilities of another manufacturer entering the sport? I ask because Stewart-Haas Racing is a GM-backed team. Chevy also started making engines for IndyCar a couple years ago, so I wonder if they have any interest in expanding to F1.

This is purely fantastical thinking at this point, just curious to know if it's possible.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • mike96mike96 Member Team Principal
    @Syngamer I don't think so, but speaking about another manufacturer, there were some new rumours about BMW a few weeks ago...
    PSN ID: maptidh  Steam ID: mikeerfol
    2015 Predictor team champion for Willyams
    Go Honda!
  • SynGamerSynGamer Member Co-Driver
    mike96 said:
    @Syngamer I don't think so, but speaking about another manufacturer, there were some new rumours about BMW a few weeks ago...
    That would be interesting. My fear/suspicion is that Haas will be a dud the first year or two, IF they make it to the grid in 2015.
    Please read the [FORUM RULES] and [SEARCH] before you post.
    Website | Twitter | Tumblr
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward
    It must be the time for a 2015 Driver line up prediction! 4 races into the 2014 season...

Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo
    Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg
    Ferrari: Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen
    Lotus: Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado
    McLaren: Kevin Magnussen, Stoffel Vandoorne
    Force India: Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez 
    Sauber: Esteban Gutierrez, Sergey Sirotkin
    Toro Rosso: Daniil Kvyat, Carlos Sainz Jr
    Williams: Valtteri Bottas, Felipe Massa
    Caterham: Marcus Ericsson, Will Stevens
    Marussia: Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton
    Haas: Alexander Rossi, really have no idea
    I agree on everything , except Will Stevens in the Caterham. I'd say it'll be a cash strapped driver like Cecotto and for the second Haas seat I'll take a wild guess and go for either Nasr or Coletti
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!
    Keith Collantine has literally no sense of humour. Some guy had a rant about the new style Formula 1 on F1Fanatic. I said "Somebody get this man a Snickers" and my comment was removed.
    I knew before he was an uptight control freak, but going through the comments and deleting any that don't relate to Formula 1 is just nobish.

Let people have free speech!
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Keith Collantine has literally no sense of humour. Some guy had a rant about the new style Formula 1 on F1Fanatic. I said "Somebody get this man a Snickers" and my comment was removed.
    I knew before he was an uptight control freak, but going through the comments and deleting any that don't relate to Formula 1 is just nobish.

I'm on F1 Fanatic, haven't posted there in yonks. I'm gonna go and find you, in a non-stalkerish way as is possible :p
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

I'm on F1 Fanatic, haven't posted there in yonks. I'm gonna go and find you, in a non-stalkerish way as is possible :p
    Friend me if you can find me :p
  • alonsofan46alonsofan46 Member Race Steward

Here you go.
    #FORZAJULES
    KEEP FIGHTING MICHAEL
    2014 PREDICTOR FORUM GAME CHAMPION !!!

Here you go.
    Bugger :p
  • couger1981couger1981 Member Race Engineer
    After the whole tit for tat thing between Red Bull and Merc since testgate last season, I really really don't see Red Bull getting Merc engines.
    Red Bull may use Cosworth if they come back in?
    Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing 2017
    Member since 2011
    RIP Bianchi
    The Future is Now!

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    AMS97KRR said:
    Red Bull: Sebastian Vettel, Daniel Ricciardo
    Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg
    Ferrari: Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen
    Lotus: Romain Grosjean, Pastor Maldonado
    McLaren: Kevin Magnussen, Jenson Button
    Force India: Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez 
    Sauber: Esteban Gutierrez, Sergey Sirotkin
    Toro Rosso: Daniil Kvyat, Felix Da Costa
    Williams: Valtteri Bottas, Felipe Massa
    Caterham: Marcus Ericsson, Kamui Kobayashi
    Marussia: Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton
    Haas: Alexander Rossi, Adrian Sutil

That is what I think. I don't think there will be many changes to be honest. I think Haas will pick up Rossi and Sutil. I don't know if Sutil would go there or if there is even a chance of it, but you never know.
    What engine will Haas use? I'll say Honda or Ferrari - just a shot in the dark but I can't see what else they'd use.
    yeah I agree I don't think we'll see the end of button yet not sat least for a couple of seasons my guess would be Honda for Haas given  McLaren are the only confirmed users of that engine right now

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto